What's new

Oldest primate fossil yet found. It is a tiny Chinese Archicebus fossil

Good post.

Thank you.

T.........
Modern primates branched off and evolved from a common ancestor. ......

yeap.

"Biologically" modern day apes and monkeys are not "forefathers" of man in the evolution process. Just another line down the evolution chain.

But Mullahs and Mullahnis will continue mucking up the debate by using ape/monkey terms.

Typical creationist argument.Jumping species such a crude term for defining the complex process of speciation,which make me wonder you have any knowledge in this field.

Many "creationists' do have capacity to learn. Many of them have access to knowledge.

it is just that in their quest to use "holy books" as the authentic books of science, that gets them into deep deep $hit.

There are plenty of evidence of speciation in the modern world.Hawthorn fly, Rhagoletis pomonella is one such classic example which appears to be undergoing sympatric speciation.

Modern science is around 300 years old (as per Thomas Kuhn).

Understanding of evolution is even newer.

Thus observations made during this short period cannot compensate for "millions of years" needed for the evolution.

So the "medieval christians" got stuck with 6000 years old earth (luckily many modern day Christains moved away from that mumbo jumbo).

However many "Medieval minded Islamists" have now taken up the anti-science stance of the same old "medieval Christians" and unfortunately they are very proud of it.

peace

Some people tend to take scripture literally and expect simple answers. ...]

Well said.

These nincompoops want the priest or Mullah or Ayatullah to be "all-in-one" Mcdonalds stye "combo deal".

You go to church, mosque etc. and you get the main godly dish, with sides of large cup of philosophy, and science fries.

We take simple books on morality, and try to superimpose them on to complex phenomenon.

Result?

Absolute ignorance nay arrogance aka Jahiliyya.

....Surely an omnipotent being would create something complex rather than something simple....]

I'd shy away from statements like "omnipotent" creates "complex things".

I doubt Allah mian is sitting some place putting together new stuff like screwing together a mechano set

Perhaps "omnipotent" creates "rules" that govern the evolution of all things simple or complex.

May be.

However it is our folly to find what God is doing,

Instead of focusing on "what man is supposed to be doing" like believing in himself, probing and researching, instead of spreading stone age beliefs.

peace

Humans are primates.

Humans are apes,precisely African apes.Humans along with orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos are all descended from a common ancestor.And what kind of proof you want???

Their is NO dough Indians evolved from apes, no wonder they act like them so much. :)

Their is NO dough Indians evolved from apes, no wonder they act like them so much. :)

So speaks the ape:lol:.No need display your inferior intellectual qualities here by posting such things.You should be happy of being called apes.Only a handful of species in animal kingdom are so lucky.

Some people tend to take scripture literally and expect simple answers. However, I don't see complexity as denying God. Surely an omnipotent being would create something complex rather than something simple.
Very diplomatic :D

I mentioned it because I can see how mutations in the "junk" DNA are more likely to have beneficial effect,relatively speaking.
Please shed more light on this bit like I said I do not work on non-coding DNA

For example, if the genes coding for tail formation are compromised, then the organism has no functioning tail and it's game over. However, if the mutation happens in the timing genes (junk DNA) which controls the on/off switches for the tail genes, then it's possible that the tail formation genes may be left active for a slightly longer period. This might result in a functioning, yet longer, tail which may prove beneficial in the given environment.
How can mutation in the on/ off gene still form a functional tail?! The tail would be present as the tail formation gene were still active....However, the function and the on/ off a gene is also important....

and certain mutations like additional and subtraction of nucleotides causes frame shift which can change proteins!!

No, my comment was in earnest. There are evolutionist refutations of objections by Kimura, Sanford, etc. in regards to genetic entropy, but I don't find the evolutionists' arguments as rigorous as, say, those of physicists. Most of their refutations about genetic entropy tend to lie in microevolution.
Well genetic entropy in the sense that the telomere is decreasing in size every generation does make sense, am not familiar with the rest of the theory

I do believe in evolution but I agree that the mechanisms affecting mutations are not as yet well understood. I would say "guiding mutations", but that would be a loaded phrase without any data supporting it either.

P.S. The following link answers many questions. An Index to Creationist Claims

Yes, mechanisms are not understood....guiding mutations? That depends on if we have understood how and why mutations occur..We are still chasing DNA repair mechanism for aiding cancer and what not! :rofl:

May I ask what is your profession...OUT of ALL the crap I read, you alone made sense...while rest was gibberish and bashing! :blink:

So speaks the ape:lol:.No need display your inferior intellectual qualities here by posting such things.You should be happy of being called apes.Only a handful of species in animal kingdom are so lucky.

you just busted his myth..:laughcry:

The only apes are Indians because they act like one all the time and even marry them! :woot:

Humans are primates.

Humans are apes,precisely African apes.Humans along with orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos are all descended from a common ancestor.And what kind of proof you want???
Seeing yr avatar n yr posts like these, i think that ancestor was u.

Seeing yr avatar n yr posts like these, i think that ancestor was u.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:You seem bamboozled by the fact that you belong to a family of apes and your ancestors were a chimp like creatures.May be its time to go back to school.

That in fact ......nope:lol:......... hath created the heav............................ens and the earth with a purpose? If He willed He would make you pass away and bring a creation new.

@sur

I see your'e using Kent hovind's resources...but why quote the quran ? Hovind doesn't use the quran..he uses another text :)

@sur

I see your'e using Kent hovind's resources...but why quote the quran ? Hovind doesn't use the quran..he uses another text :)

What do you expect,Its called plagiarism,Kent Hovind is such a fraudster he is now in serving time in prison.His followers are no different.No one could argue creationism with out being crooked and intellectually dishonest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom