Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
OIC peacekeeping forces needed

Faisal Tahir Khan

slide.jpg

Human civilization has reached to a point where people and nations have realized that wars, conflicts and aggression against each other will harm social development and with good intentions have formulated international laws and developed international organizations that can act as a watchdog in order to prevent circumstances that can escalate those conflict to a level that leads to human suffering.

In the past, wars were triggered for different reason, among them were religious ideologies, access to markets and trading routes, oil and gas reserves and its transit routes, global hegemony and so forth. At times logic or reasoning was bulldozed by political and military might of nations and left scars on the sanctity of international law and many unanswered questions for the current and future generations.

It’s a fundamental right of every nation to fight for its legitimate rights and have a strong mechanism to defend its rights from those who intend to violate it preferably by diplomatic means and, if left no option then, as a last resort, show its muscles to achieve the goals that are needed to be achieved. Unfortunately, in recent times we have witnessed Muslims killed brutally in some parts of the world and the international community has been complacent in saving their lives. Yes they may have shed a tear, but I doubt that if tears could have saved the child who was burned alive. The current global politics and international relations have been driving nations and communities to form groups and clusters of economic and military powerhouses to protect each other’s interest by scratching each other’s back when and where required.

Similarly, 57 OIC member countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) have developed great economic strength but it’s not translated into an institution that can defend its rights and counterattack or prevent any external or internal threat harming its interest. Such an institution is the need of the hour to help prevent genocide, human rights violation, conflicts and protect its members territorial sovereignty by developing self-reliant model of peace-keeping forces collectively raised from its 57 members countries as they have the right mix of manpower, technology and resource to build state of the art peace-keeping forces. Such examples already exist in the world so, in essence, there is hardly any need to reinvent the wheel.

Such an institute will not only safeguard the rights of the OIC members-countries from any external threat but will also bring sanity and prudence among the member states if any power try to divide and conquer them by igniting sectarian violence or due to any other reason. This institute can also have the powers to discipline its member countries on resolving internal conflicts among themselves.

Resources of OIC member-countries have been spent on wars and the cost of human lives is mind-boggling, particularly in the last 100 years. If the same resources were spent on human resource development, the current situation among the 57 OIC member countries could have been much different. But still it’s never too late. We can still develop such institution that can safeguard our rights and will minimize our dependency on leased foreign forces at a high cost.

Yes, on the face of it, this idea appears to be idealist and far from reality, as each individual member country in the OIC has its own issues in terms of governance structure, dependency on foreign aid, loans from international institutions and so forth. But I believe this step will strengthen their position economically and militarily. All that is needed is leadership and political will to implement this idea and iron out any problem that comes on the way.

I am sure that my brothers and sisters living between Casablanca and Jakarta would humbly request the current and future kings, presidents, prime ministers, ministers of defense and chiefs of arms in the Naval and Air forces to uphold the sovereignty and dignity of our generation on the basis of self reliance. I am sure if we were able to build this institute our territorial sovereignty will not be targeted by drone planes remotely controlled thousands of miles away and we will be capable enough to secure our territory and deal with any external or internal threat by ourselves.

— Faisal Tahir Khan is an entrepreneur and consultant. He can be reached at think.fikr@gmail.com
OIC peace-keeping forces needed | Opinion | Saudi Gazette

And this guy Faisal Tahir Khan is Pakistani ??Don't tell me I am correct.

What is the combined GDP of 57 OIC countries ??

Do these OIC countries have any solid R&D base ??

Will OIC also stand for section of muslim or non-muslims like in case of Nigeria or past case of BD ??

Can any organisation leaving out top 10 economic power houses as well as military power have any influence on world ??

Will OIC also stand for section of muslim or non-muslims like in case of Nigeria or past case of BD ??

Can any organisation leaving out top 10 economic power houses as well as military power have any influence on world ??

The purpose of this force would not be invading countries like NATO has but rather to keep Peace in the muslim world.Such as instead of inviting nato to bomb Libya/syria which in the end create further problem.

Even the Ground troops with basic weapons can take care of any sort of insurgency

Hi,

Welcome me back, Indians.

Anyways.

Nobody gives a shit if you are correct or no whatever. Lets proceed.

On purchasing power parity, its $14 trillion+

Its pathetic, but much, much better than india (on per capita basis. Don't come crying "Oh india is one country OIC is 57 blah blah)...

Many OIC countries have, many don't.

Whats your point?

Also, countries specialize in different industries...there is no one "R&D" base.

For you info: Islamic World dwarfs india when it comes to Industrial Production (again, on per capita basis)...

Yes. Non-Muslims living in Islamic World are citizens as well. There are some very small non-Muslim majority countries in OIC as well..

If that organization is "organized" and effective (which OIC is not) and is large-enough, then yes.

Also, who told you that no Muslim nation is in top-ten military powers? :lol:

The purpose of this force would not be invading countries like NATO has but rather to keep Peace in the muslim world.Such as instead of inviting nato to bomb Libya/syria which in the end create further problem.

Even the Ground troops with basic weapons can take care of any sort of insurgency

will shia allows OIC forces in their area of influence and same goes for sunnis in their area of influence? in short Iran will not allow any OIC fore in Syria and Saudi won't allow any such force in Iraq and similar situation. my advice to pakistan is to stay out of it.

will u allow any such force in pakistan or even Afg!

Do you mean it will guarantee human right's issues of non-muslims in muslim countries like Nigeria for the sake of peace ??

Do you mean it will guarantee human right's issues of non-muslims in muslim countries like Nigeria for the sake of peace ??
Are you really asking this ? See that force has to follow some islamic law. That force will see everything with green glass. What do you expect ? Look at their countries and laws and situation of minority freedom and you will realize.

I am sure,it will

will shia allows OIC forces in their area of influence and same goes for sunnis in their area of influence? in short Iran will not allow any OIC fore in Syria and Saudi won't allow any such force in Iraq and similar situation. my advice to pakistan is to stay out of it.

will u allow any such force in pakistan or even Afg!

why not.Well action will be taken under OIC meeting.

Is being a Pakistani equate to a crime in your view?

It would be between $2-3 Trillion. GCC's GDP alone is more than $1.6 Trillion.

Pakistan, Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, GCC have growing military industrial sectors. All big ticket military items and small ticket military items are built in OIC states.

OICPKF if established will be deployed after a vote at OIC.

Its not to have influence in the world but to stabilize Muslim states and for internal interventions.

On purchasing power parity, its $14 trillion+
Its pathetic, but much, much better than india (on per capita basis. Don't come crying "Oh india is one country OIC is 57 blah blah)...
r :lol:

This figure is latest updated latest World Bank PPP? I wonder how much is in nominal $?

Is being a Pakistani equate to a crime in your view?

It would be between $2-3 Trillion. GCC's GDP alone is more than $1.6 Trillion.

Pakistan, Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, GCC have growing military industrial sectors. All big ticket military items and small ticket military items are built in OIC states.

OICPKF if established will be deployed after a vote at OIC.

Its not to have influence in the world but to stabilize Muslim states and for internal interventions.

sir ! with all due respect i would bet for establishment of Utopia than a pan Shia -sunni combined peace force !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom