What's new

[Obama's visit] Why India's realty scam should interest President Obama

Now we can see how obsessed Pakistani media machinery was with Obama's visit. Presenting it useless and in bitter taste, to it's local audience with idiotic correlation between two different issues. Like we say in punjabi "ghar de bhag tan dehalee to dikh paindey ne" the article's stupid heading explains everything about the agenda of that on dawn's payroll journalist.

Btw, this is really funny. These are the same bharatis questioning the credibility of Dawn who put Dawn on a pedestal when it posts articles from journalists who say things that they want to hear. Goodness me.

So here's a new standard of checking credibility of Dawn.

If it posts something in favour of India or anti-Pakistan, then its very credible.

If it posts something not in favour of India, it's not credible.

So.. who exactly is questioning the credibility of Dawn?? Don't make up stuff. I have said Dawn is a balanced news paper in my earlier post.

The difference, Nadeem Pracha writes for Pakistani media for Pakistanis to read. Javed doesn't write these on Indian media. His work is directed for the Pakistani public and designed for it. And being critical is different from ridiculing a country as a whole.

So, who cares if audience is different? Does it change the credibility of the author? You're overall conclusion is that Paracha writes anti-Pakistan stuff and that's what he's always done and that makes him credible. But the guy here has always written anti-India stuff and that makes him not credible.

I don't see how audience being different makes the difference between one author writing anti-Pakistan posts making him credible while another author writing anti-India posts making him not credible.

Also, what you call being critical and ridiculing country is from your own view. I can say that Paracha ridicules whole Pakistan and this guy here is being critical.

So, who cares if audience is different? Does it change the credibility of the author? You're overall conclusion is that Paracha writes anti-Pakistan stuff and that's what he's always done and that makes him credible. But the guy here has always written anti-India stuff and that makes him not credible.

I don't see how audience being different makes the difference between one author writing anti-Pakistan posts making him credible while another author writing anti-India posts making him not credible.

Also, what you call being critical and ridiculing country is from your own view. I can say that Paracha ridicules whole Pakistan and this guy here is being critical.

Nadeem wants his people to know the truth and for their betterment. Javed writes for Pakistani's amusement. If he is credible, why doesn't he get to write in Indian media? Why can't he enlighten the Indians with his analysis? Its because his writing is designed not to benefit the Indians but just to entertain pakistanis.

Kuldip Nayyar is critical of India too. But you can tell he is criticizing out of care for the country while Javed Naqvi just wants to score brownie points from his Pakistani masters.

I don't really think he wants them to know 'the truth' or anything. I think he just wants them to believe what he wants, and he does in such a way that it's not gonna work. If you attack someone for believing what they believe, it will never work.

Furthermore, I don't see how Javed is writing for Pakistanis' amusement. That's your opinion, but I can say the same about someone like Paracha. Yes I know he doesn't write for an Indian website but nevertheless, he has huge indian fan base and in this day and age of internet, it doesn't really make much difference where the articles are published.

Your whole premise is based on the idea that the guy is not credible because he writes anti-India stuff. And that obviously is not a very good premise.

I have no beef with Mr.Javed Naqvi or his views. He is entitled to his opinion just like Ms Roy is to hers. Just pointing out that this opinion is not shared by most of us Indians. Add to that this gentleman is totally unknown to most of us except through his column in Dawn. These days, his tone has grown more & more shrill to the point of being more than a little grating. That wouldn't be too bad if there was any substance at all in his points. His argument here is more than a little stretched. Anyone able to look at the article without the hate India glasses would be able to discern that in a minute.

Anyways, we are basking in the warmth of the glow of the Obama trip and no Javed Naqvi is going to spoil that feeling. Nice try, no dice!

I don't really think he wants them to know 'the truth' or anything. I think he just wants them to believe what he wants, and he does in such a way that it's not gonna work. If you attack someone for believing what they believe, it will never work.

Furthermore, I don't see how Javed is writing for Pakistanis' amusement. That's your opinion, but I can say the same about someone like Paracha. Yes I know he doesn't write for an Indian website but nevertheless, he has huge indian fan base and in this day and age of internet, it doesn't really make much difference where the articles are published.

Your whole premise is based on the idea that the guy is not credible because he writes anti-India stuff. And that obviously is not a very good premise.

Exactly! He doesn't write about India but just anti-India. Which I think is good enough a reason to ignore him.

Yea but same can be said about Paracha and many other authors whose credibility is never question.

Yea but same can be said about Paracha and many other authors whose credibility is never question.

I cannot really judge Nadeem Pracha. Indians like him because he is the one who voiced against the ridiculous conspiracy theories being spread in your media and he was one of the first to ridicule Zaid Hamid while the whole of Pakistan was celebrating him. Now Zaid Hamid craze seems to have gone down and people have realized his balonies. That gives Nadeem more credibility. Other than this issue, Indians do not really care about Mr. Pracha.

A journalists who attacks Pakistanis for believing in conspiracy theories. It's to the point now where he sees conspiracy theories even when they don't exist or are only believed by a small number of people.

Btw, this is really funny. These are the same bharatis questioning the credibility of Dawn who put Dawn on a pedestal when it posts articles from journalists who say things that they want to hear. Goodness me.

So here's a new standard of checking credibility of Dawn.

If it posts something in favour of India or anti-Pakistan, then its very credible.

If it posts something not in favour of India, it's not credible.

Its not the credibility in isolation, but the credibility of motives in a given context. Do understand that its an opinion article and not a reported news. The Adarsh Scam has already been discussed to death. This article just uses that to launch into a Kashmir nonsese in an attempt to malign the army.

Anyways, we are basking in the warmth of the glow of the Obama trip and no Javed Naqvi is going to spoil that feeling. Nice try, no dice!

Basking in the warmth of the glow?? :-) That's a bit over the top! Especially when the singular purpose of the trip was for Obama and his band of traveling salespeople to tally up the totals they will get India to spend during the upcoming Christmas sale...

I cannot really judge Nadeem Pracha. Indians like him because he is the one who voiced against the ridiculous conspiracy theories being spread in your media and he was one of the first to ridicule Zaid Hamid while the whole of Pakistan was celebrating him. Now Zaid Hamid craze seems to have gone down and people have realized his balonies. That gives Nadeem more credibility. Other than this issue, Indians do not really care about Mr. Pracha.

Well so what if people believe in conspiracy theories? Does anyone attack Indians for believing in large number of anti-Pakistan/anti-ISI conspiracy theories, etc? What about Americans? Conspiracy theories tend to be quite popular in US as well.

As ridiculous as you may think they are, he attacks the whole public while acting like it's only Pakistanis doing that. More importantly though, it seems he sees conspiracy theories everywhere.

Well this isn't really Nadeem Paracha discussion time, but the point is, he's quite clearly anti-Pakistani but that makes him credible, no?

Obama and American Business leadership make a high powered visit to India and deals worth 10billion on high technology imports and technologies necessary for Indian growth are closed..

Especially when the singular purpose of the trip was for Obama and his band of traveling salespeople to tally up the totals they will get India to spend during the upcoming Christmas sale...

China offers to sell a new Nuclear Reactor to Pakistan

Good news! There seems to be a new Pak-China collaboration being announced on a daily basis!

Excellent news! The Chinese are stepping it up for sure!

Let others talk, let's get our heads down and build these power plants on a war footing. Essential for our future.

@TL, aap to aise na the... ;)

Back
Top Bottom