What's new

Obama Is Not Likely to Push India Hard on Pakistan

Dude.. Why do you always look at everything from the prism of how much aid it can get Pakistan. ?

Why do you think that "once" equals always??
We are a poor country and suffering billions of loss indirectly due to American WoT. Therefore every dollar coming from the yankees is good. Its like milking the house of cards as much as u can. U know lot of Indian and Pakistani students used max their credit cards before departing US on a permenant return trip home!

Senior American military commanders have sought to press India to formally disavow an obscure military doctrine that they contend is fueling tensions between India and Pakistan and hindering the American war effort in Afghanistan.

US senior military commanders forget that it is 2010 not 1990. Obama is here to strengthen ties and make some deals for his country not any volunteer work.

simple.

(he can't)

2 years into his term and I can comfortably say he is one of the weakest presidents with one of the most God-forsaken tasks and decisions to worry about at the moment!

Don't know whether weakest or not but which president did that? Bush and Clinton also visited India in last ten years but never heard any such words from them as well. If Obama do what change it will make in India's stand? Nothing.

OH WATEVER!
the day indian army stepped into pakistani soil, that day will mark the end of both countries or least a GREAT WAR!

Sorry thats not the the way u think,India is a big country with a population of 1.2 billion of which 70% is residing in villages

U people always chest thump about ur much bigger nuclear arsenal,but u know why dont we care,because even that is not enough to extradition India as a nation

Even in the worst scenario more than half of our population will still survive

We will b thrashed,battered and crushed but we will survive

But what about Pakistan,a handful of population,a handful of land,whats ur chance of survival

I always laugh when Pakistani's proudly claim about this nuclear armagaedon,how they will destroy as if even our single soldier crossed into ur nation with a totally wrong perception of reality

Another disappointing day for anti-Pak lobby in India, Indian student asked Obama why don't you declare Pakistan a terrorist state?

Obama: Pakistan is enormous country with enormous potential and we will remain allies and India need stable and prosperous Pakistan:partay:(really?)

One girl thought Obama is ex-Mullah and she asked what is Jihad?

What kind of cheap mentality this is you are dragging a President of state into Religious discussion even if i get a chance to ask question to Israeli PM i won't ask what is zionism and Judaism.:hang2:

Last edited:
Another disappointing day for anti-Pak lobby in India Indian student asked Obama why don't you declare Pakistan a terrorist state?

Obama: Pakistan is enormous country with enormous potential and we will remain allies and India need stable and prosperous Pakistan:partay:(really?)

What kind of cheap mentality this is you are dragging a President of state into Religious discussion even if i get a chance to ask question to Israeli PM i won't ask what is zionism and Judaism.:hang2:
hahahaha....last few lines u have made it up.. when she asked about the religion?? this actually shows ur mentality.. how pathetically you are into these religion things. we are victim of pak sponsored terrorism that's why she asked and obama himself said that he was expected that question.

hahahaha....last few lines u have made it up.. when she asked about the religion?? this actually shows ur mentality.. how pathetically you are into these religion things. we are victim of pak sponsored terrorism that's why she asked and obama himself said that he was expected that question.

lol and she got the right answer:D and read my post again for better understanding.

Yes in current context, I did like the replies given by Mr. President. He did acknowledge the problem emanating from Pakistan but falling short of naming the government. This is due to American lives at stake in Afghanistan. This is a hostage situation for him and we do understand that. If he ushers anything that will aggravate the hostage takers and make them react. Its sensible to avoid it and that is exactly what he did.

This is not a victory for Pakistan and a failure of India. It is other way. Look at the context of him coming to India and openly ask for American jobs. This is a paradigm shift. This is the success of India.

@fox,

do u think naming pakistan and blaming will be done in public ,just 4 the sake of the question by that girl.???
obama is going to delhi,there will be real drama

Obama will not do anything in India's Favour.

This Crap is Dancing with School Children in some African Tribal Haka Buka Style :lol:

Another disappointing day for anti-Pak lobby in India, Indian student asked Obama why don't you declare Pakistan a terrorist state?

none of those ''queries'' (for whatever they were worth!) should have surprised anybody in Pakistan

good to see Ombaba showed restraint and didn't go just to appease the indians or inflate their egos....

surely some on this forum will still try to find ways to taunt Pakistani Nation and its people....unfortunately for them, it won't yield intended results

on the other hand, the pro-Pakistan lobby hasn't seen much success either as Obama was advised by his advisors most likely not to drop the ''K-bomb'' --though he has made obvious references of it to PM MM Singh

interestingly enough, he was vocal about the conflict during his campaign sessions; seems it's just another case of flip-floppery and empty words (i.e 'politics')

1 week before Obama's visit, one Professor Richard Shapiro --an American anthropologist scholar/fact-finder (incidentally, credited with forming the Jewish-Muslim Friendship Circle) was denied visa to visit indian-occupied Kashmir simply on the grounds that he has regularly visited and interacted with human rights defenders, scholars and youth in the besieged occupied region.

the Americans have a fine line to tread on.....a lot of people are wondering what role they can play, given the multitudes of problems affecting the U.S. itself and changing attitudes and views in that country, where unemployment will soon likely hit 10% (approx. 30 million people)

to avoid it and that is exactly what he did.

This is not a victory for Pakistan and a failure of India. It is other way. Look at the context of him coming to India and openly ask for American jobs. This is a paradigm shift. This is the success of India.

asking for American jobs, and proposing (hinting) a cut to indian low-cost (outsourced) jobs --which is what many policy circles in the U.S. are calling for due to rising un/under employment

if that is success to you, then congratulations! :azn:

to the indians credit, they did manage to ink $10b in trade deals and also get re-confirmation of Obama's long-ago pro-indian stance with regards to seat @ UNSC

I agree that the qustions were childish but are you happy that in reply to declaring Pakistan as terrorist state Obama replied 'NO'??? :rolleyes: Do you expected him to say yes??? :hang2:

he very much so had the option to, though Pakistan is not terrorist state -that is pure nonsense simply being echoed by those who can be equated with helpless poodles and not much else

nor would it be very favourable for his national/geo-political interests to do so (they know this already) :)

asking for American jobs, and proposing (hinting) a cut to indian low-cost (outsourced) jobs --which is what many policy circles in the U.S. are calling for due to rising un/under employment

if that is success to you, then congratulations! :azn:

to the indians credit, they did manage to ink $10b in trade deals and also get re-confirmation of Obama's long-ago pro-indian stance with regards to seat @ UNSC

You got it totally wrong. Obama is just advertising the $ 10 billion dollar deal but they were gonna happen if he didn't came here. They were finalised long before he came on company-to-company basis. Like Reliance-GE regarding generators. We need technology and they need job. Regarding outsourcing its a win win situation for both India and US.

This is the first time US supported India for UNSC seat. His visit also cleared many Indian defence and space centers from US sanctions. We got nuke deal with help of US. His India trip started from the site of 26/11 and many more...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom