What's new

Obama calls India a job-creating giant for USA

what else is mr.obama going to say - he has failed to 'deliver' on his 'lofty world changing' campaign promises - he has lost the lower house (congress) which in his own words was a 'shalacking' and barely retains the majority in the senate - IMO, the US prez is desperate as he dosnt want to become a 'lame-duck' and a one-term prez which is looking like a very strong possibility.

I completely agree with you sir.:tup:

what else is mr.obama going to say - he has failed to 'deliver' on his 'lofty world changing' campaign promises - he has lost the lower house (congress) which in his own words was a 'shalacking' and barely retains the majority in the senate - IMO, the US prez is desperate as he dosnt want to become a 'lame-duck' and a one-term prez which is looking like a very strong possibility.
everyone is here for business... nobody is doing any favor to anyone. even if he has won he will do the same thing.

Do some study about economic relation's and trade before arriving with such disgusting statements,If u still think India steals then china is a much bigger thief than India,but u people cant criticize them because their pride is now ur pride because u people urselfs had by now left with nothing

Rather than prattling try to steal some jobs,atleast that can help ur economy going from bankrupt
First of all use some sensible adjectives, the fact that you feel disgust over that statement leaves me to wonder if you truly comprehend the emotion of disgust.

Anyway, the fact is, Defence deals, MNC deals, Nuclear deals will help the US gain some economic mileage but in the long run the small jobs, the call centre type ones, they are all being outsourced to India.

If I'm an American student just out of college with a simple IT degree and in this market I don't have a lot of experience, the only type of job I can do is give basic 1st level desktop support for an year or two.

India takes away these kind of jobs. In America the biggest problem is that the basic level, startup jobs are not there any more in professional fields.

Of course China takes away a lot of other jobs too, but I was commenting upon Obama's ridiculous statement, which is nothing but to justify his closeness with India.

He was talking about "big jobs".
Of course, I realize that. You give Boeing a few orders and these big giants will survive a few more years on your orders alone. Obama being a politician would never say "Hey at least I'm balancing out the jobs deficit, by creating some jobs as well out of India". He chooses the term "Job creating Giant".

US companies outsource to India to save on costs so they can get higher profits its as simple as that. These Multinationals do not care about USA, India or China they care about who can do the job for less that is why China is going to loose its manufactering cost benefit to countries like Vietnam and India.

First of all use some sensible adjectives, the fact that you feel disgust over that statement leaves me to wonder if you truly comprehend the emotion of disgust.

Anyway, the fact is, Defence deals, MNC deals, Nuclear deals will help the US gain some economic mileage but in the long run the small jobs, the call centre type ones, they are all being outsourced to India.

If I'm an American student just out of college with a simple IT degree and in this market I don't have a lot of experience, the only type of job I can do is give basic 1st level desktop support for an year or two.

India takes away these kind of jobs. In America the biggest problem is that the basic level, startup jobs are not there any more in professional fields.

Of course China takes away a lot of other jobs too, but I was commenting upon Obama's ridiculous statement, which is nothing but to justify his closeness with India.
do you even have basic knowledge about business??? this is all about competitive advantage, business cannot sustain without that. the people already employ in that will also loose their jobs. standards of living is different in both countries. there always being give and take. as obama himself said business is a two way street. they are providing us energy and technology. and we are creating jobs in US. there always been a cascading effects. more technology and energy mean more development in our country, people will have more disposable income, more opportunities to US to sell their goods to us, creation of jobs in US.

do you even have basic knowledge about business??? this is all about competitive advantage, business cannot sustain without that. the people already employ in that will also loose their jobs. standards of living is different in both countries. there always being give and take. as obama himself said business is a two way street. they are providing us energy and technology. and we are creating jobs in US. there always been a cascading effects. more technology and energy mean more development in our country, people will have more disposable income, more opportunities to US to sell their goods to us, creation of jobs in US.
Do you realize that big business does not always equal, more jobs? Or more importantly does not equal to the same type of jobs? Or will equal the jobs deficit that India creates?

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

US companies outsource to India to save on costs so they can get higher profits its as simple as that. These Multinationals do not care about USA, India or China they care about who can do the job for less that is why China is going to loose its manufactering cost benefit to countries like Vietnam and India.
Yes but Obama's problem is that within the US people are grilling him for it. The people not the MNCs. So he needs to make these type of statements.

@asim ..tell me what is the wrong with his statement?? as per him, deals will create 50000 jobs in US. 100$bn defence market, 150$bn nuclear energy market, 1$trillion infra market etc etc... did he say anything wrong??

Yeah i agree he gets grilled by the jo public on outsourcing but he did say today that looking at India in just the mindset of backoffice, call centres is a dated view and trade is a 2 way thing where India can also create jobs in USA.

Obama comes job hunting; win-win situation for India, US

President Barack Obama on Saturday announced that the US would ease regulations governing exports to India making it easier for American firms to export products to India that can be used both for civilian and military purposes.

The President’s announcement, in the course of a speech to US and Indian business leaders that included Jeff Immelt, Mukesh Ambani Ratan Tata and Anand Mahindra , fulfils a major demand of Indian business. The speech had no details, and actual implementation of the new liberalised regime would depend on the deliberations of an expert group.

“Even as we strengthen our national security, we make sure that unnecessary barriers don’t stand in the way of high-tech trade between our countries. We will work with India to fundamentally reform our control on exports, which will allow greater co-operation in a range of high-tech sectors to strengthen our relation,” Mr Obama said.

The easing of the so-called export control regime could result in some organisations associated with India’s space and defence sectors, such as the Indian Space Research Organisation or ISRO being taken off the so-called entities list, making it easier for US firms to export to them. But all this is not certain and the President only referred to “reform” of the export-control regime.

The concession on the export-control rules apart, the President’s speech was firmly focused on the potential of the Indian market and the jobs that exports to India could create.

Mr Obama’s Democratic Party suffered major reverses in mid-term elections last week. The Democrats lost their majority in the House of Representatives, making it difficult for the President to push through any legislation.
On Saturday, the President referred to twenty deals between Indian and American firms worth $10 billion or around Rs 44,000 crore which would create 50,000 jobs back in the US.

“I make no apologies to do whatever I can for job creation and business invest in America,” the President told assembled CEOs at the Trident. He said he has “marshalled the full resources of the US government to increase exports to India.”

The deals announced on Saturday included a sale of jets by Boeing to Spicejet , an airline, and a $750 million contract for supply of gas turbines by GE to power plant being built by the Anil Ambani group. “This is my longest trip outside the US as President,” Mr Obama said.

The President said he “fervently” welcomed India’s rise. “We want to invest in it,” the President said. US companies were ready to help improve India’s infrastructure and to meet her defence needs, a reference to several defence deals that are in the works. “For America this a job strategy,” the President said.

A leading Indian business leader said nothing incongruous about Mr Obama’s emphasis on how the US could benefit from its ties with India. “India’s brand image has long been as one extending her hand and asking for something. Let us embrace this opportunity of being treated as an equal,” Mr Mahindra said at a round-table organised shortly before the US President’s speech.

@asim ..tell me what is the wrong with his statement?? as per him, deals will create 50000 jobs in US. 100$bn defence market, 150$bn nuclear energy market, 1$trillion infra market etc etc... did he say anything wrong??
50,000 is an inflated number. Currently US unemployment is in the millions, really insignificant numbers if you ask me.

The point is, his statement is wrong, something is better than nothing and that is all that Obama has achieved - something. "Job creating Giant" is politician talk, thats it.

50,000 is an inflated number. Currently US unemployment is in the millions, really insignificant numbers if you ask me.

The point is, his statement is wrong, something is better than nothing and that is all that Obama has achieved - something. "Job creating Giant" is politician talk, thats it.
@asim...what makes u think like that ?? do you have any source of that?? actually it is 54000. obama said 50000 in his address to more than 200 ceos of the US and india. i think he might be joking there.

india is not the only country to fulfill their requirement. this is a process. you cannot have this much of jobs in a single day. buund buund se hi ghada berta hai.also, i talk about the cascading effect and disposable income. pls google it and you will know something about it.

didn't u heard the speeches of the ceos ??

you didn't comment about the vast market we are providing. why??

oh ya...he was making a political statement infront of ceos of companies which rules the world. how pathetic u can get?

yes i am disgusted,due to the lame comments u were making,as an admin,i never expected u to say this

What was their to ridicule in Obama's statement,their every move is business motivated,just a 3 day visit he bagged $15 billion worth of business,50000 new jobs,i am not counting the nuclear and infra field as of now

If american's feel they lose job because of us,we r also creating jobs for them,look at Indian consumer market it is dominated by local,American or Japanese companies

And if this companies plan to set up their plants in China rather than U.S for a fatter profit,that is not our problem

About outsourcing,try to compete it rather than crying about it,no one can aspire to have virtual hegemony over every field,they r taking our money,we r taking some of their job,this is how all it works,and now it is evident after the nuke deal and the Obama visit,the superpower of the world require assistance from a developing nation to climb out of their economic trouble

Back
Top Bottom