What's new

Obama Administration Presses Pakistan to Fight Taliban

Taking back Swat from Taliban and resettling back more then 2.5Million IDPs & now the valley in peace with each day taliban surrendering or getting killed, clearing Bajaur from Taliban and then capturing their most prized territory within 3 weeks which was a no go area for govt for the last 3 years, their leadership on the run and now seeking refuge in NATO controlled country, if this all seems nothing to u, then i am sorry no matter what PA does guys like you will see it as nothing.

But most of their leaders are alive and active within pakistan, PA have captured the areas, but there is insurgency going on - the same thing in Afghanistan. In Afghanistan the Taliban are not confronting the NATO, but all they do is attack and run or plant roadside bombs. Nowdays we see alot more civilian death in Pakistan than Afghanistan, if the Taliban are defeated then where is all these attacks most of them high profile attacks coming from? they are still there, but simply melted away to avoid losses.

Afghanistan has 70% territory under Taliban, with NATO abandoning its bases and border posts, while on this side we are capturing more of the Taliban territory with each passing day and limiting their safe heavens. This shows opposite to what is happening on both sides of the border. So i don't see how you can say we have not been able to contain Taliban.

I dont believe it for a second that 70% of Afghanistan is under the control of the Taliban, if we go by this theory then we can also say that 70% of Pak soil is also under TTP, cant we see their presence and activities in every corner of pakistan? even army and intillegence, courts etc are not spared from their attacks.

Analysts in their analytical reviews are calling NATO to copy the tactics of PA used in the last 6 months if they want success as they call strategy of PA to be a winning strategy and you have to say the above, i believe all the analysts are fools and ignorant to be saying this.

I am surprised by these analysts.

But most of their leaders are alive and active within pakistan, PA have captured the areas, but there is insurgency going on - the same thing in Afghanistan. In Afghanistan the Taliban are not confronting the NATO, but all they do is attack and run or plant roadside bombs. Nowdays we see alot more civilian death in Pakistan than Afghanistan, if the Taliban are defeated then where is all these attacks most of them high profile attacks coming from? they are still there, but simply melted away to avoid losses.

Out of the top 5 of Swat TTP leadership, 4 are either dead or captured, only Fazllullah is alive that also in Afghanistan, reportedly escaped on one leg, meaning he was targeted and injured and has lost one of his legs and what do u expect him to do from Afghanistan with no border with Swat and his top 4 lieutenants gone and each passing day his mid level commanders being killed in operations or captured and foot soldiers surrendering out of fear. And as for the attacks in Pakistan on high profile areas, well they had plenty of time to prepare for that once Swat operation started and SW operation was announced, they knew it coming and they had worked out this plan way before even this was announced. And only Taliban are not involved in these attacks, all the other organizations which had been working for years even before TTP was born and now in the ranks of TTP are doing most of these attacks. They work in cells, with no contacts with each other, each one has a separate task assigned and they do it and vanish either killed in doing it or the mastermind runs away or heads another cell, making it difficult to identify and capture them. With passage of time these attacks in Pakistan will die down too, as they are in real pressure, so out of desperation launching these cowardly attacks as they know attacking security forces and their targets will not halt these operations, attacking civilians is now their best bet. The more they attack the more they will dry up their resources with their home base captured, their supply line will dry up too. When Swat was under Taliban, we used to have attacks from that side also, Wah attack was done by them, many other too, but once their bases got destroyed or captured, their foot soldiers on the run and leadership killed, getting killed or on the run, attacks from that side have dried up. I remember when Swat Operation was launched they did some high profile targets too and claimed responsibility, but with time everything dried up, attacks stopped. The famous telephone call by Muslim Khan pleading for help from TTP SW chapter and do attacks like the Pindi Mosque attack showed their desperation. Same is being seen here too. TTP is no rag tag organization, they are brilliant is such stuff with evil genius people in their ranks.

I dont believe it for a second that 70% of Afghanistan is under the control of the Taliban, if we go by this theory then we can also say that 70% of Pak soil is also under TTP, cant we see their presence and activities in every corner of pakistan? even army and intillegence, courts etc are not spared from their attacks.

Well your believing doesn't matter as this 72% figure has not been quoted by me, or by any Pakistani or by any Afghani, rather this figure has been quoted by Western sources, multiple western sources to be exact and has not been denied by the NATO or US occupiers. As for your second part, i believe i answered in detail above to the reason for what is happening right now.

I am surprised by these analysts.

So will be they if they read your analysis.

Out of the top 5 of Swat TTP leadership, 4 are either dead or captured, only Fazllullah is alive that also in Afghanistan, reportedly escaped on one leg, meaning he was targeted and injured and has lost one of his legs and what do u expect him to do from Afghanistan with no border with Swat and his top 4 lieutenants gone and each passing day his mid level commanders being killed in operations or captured and foot soldiers surrendering out of fear. And as for the attacks in Pakistan on high profile areas, well they had plenty of time to prepare for that once Swat operation started and SW operation was announced, they knew it coming and they had worked out this plan way before even this was announced. And only Taliban are not involved in these attacks, all the other organizations which had been working for years even before TTP was born and now in the ranks of TTP are doing most of these attacks. They work in cells, with no contacts with each other, each one has a separate task assigned and they do it and vanish either killed in doing it or the mastermind runs away or heads another cell, making it difficult to identify and capture them. With passage of time these attacks in Pakistan will die down too, as they are in real pressure, so out of desperation launching these cowardly attacks as they know attacking security forces and their targets will not halt these operations, attacking civilians is now their best bet. The more they attack the more they will dry up their resources with their home base captured, their supply line will dry up too. When Swat was under Taliban, we used to have attacks from that side also, Wah attack was done by them, many other too, but once their bases got destroyed or captured, their foot soldiers on the run and leadership killed, getting killed or on the run, attacks from that side have dried up. I remember when Swat Operation was launched they did some high profile targets too and claimed responsibility, but with time everything dried up, attacks stopped. The famous telephone call by Muslim Khan pleading for help from TTP SW chapter and do attacks like the Pindi Mosque attack showed their desperation. Same is being seen here too. TTP is no rag tag organization, they are brilliant is such stuff with evil genius people in their ranks.

It is easy for them to generate another leader after the loss of their leaders, Baitullah was killed and cruel murderer Hakeemullah took his place, we shouldnt judge our success based on their leaders being killed or captured, rather it should be on how the situation is and how people feel safe or unsafe, recently pakistan has become highly unsafe for its citizens - perhpas worse than afghanistan. just last year nearly 30 top commanders of taliban in afghanistan were either killed or captured, so what? until the situation on the ground doesnt change and people start feeling safe all these success does mean nothing.

Well your believing doesn't matter as this 72% figure has not been quoted by me, or by any Pakistani or by any Afghani, rather this figure has been quoted by Western sources, multiple western sources to be exact and has not been denied by the NATO or US occupiers. As for your second part, i believe i answered in detail above to the reason for what is happening right now.

we shouldnt interprete it as 72% control, because control is one thing and being capable of carrying out explosions and causing caoes is another thing, thats why i mentioned pakistan and its situation, if we go by this theory then 70% of pakistani soil is also under the taliban control, because they have the ability, capabilty and support to carry out attacks whenever they want and wherever they want.

So will be they if they read your analysis

until people feel safe their analysis do not mean anything.

Unity, it seems you have made up your mind already, then why wasting your and others time in arguing over something on which you don't wish to accept a single ground reality or even ponder for a few minutes.

Unfortunately Pakistan Government and our corrupt political / military leaders have tasked themselves with fighting dirty American war on its soil; that too for virtual peanuts.

Either we should charge American prices for fighting the American War, or take it easy and deliver Desi performance at Desi prices.

Most welcome, they are getting their bodies from Afghanistan whereas if the troops come to Pakistan they won't even be able to get the dead bodies back.

Pakistan is not Iraq nor Afghanistan.

They are not coming into Pakistan and they cant even afford to keep the stay longer in Afghanistan.

Dont worry, they are going. The frustration is just forcing them to spew more and more against Pakistan.

Their 30,000 troops are like crack battalions of Russia as they sent at the end of the war when they were near withdrawing from Afghanistan

Unity, make up your mind:

"But most of their leaders are alive and active within pakistan, "

"we shouldnt judge our success based on their leaders being killed or captured, rather it should be on how the situation is and how people feel safe or unsafe,"

When it was pointed out to you how the situation on the ground in Swat has become much more secure and stable, you resorted to raising the issue of 'leaders'. When Taimi pointed out that 4 out of the top 5 leaders had been killed or captured, you backtracked and said the leadership does not matter. You appear rather confused and primarily focused on arguing that the PA has not been successful, for whatever motives you harbor.

Either way you look at it, security on the ground or eliminating TTP leadership, the Swat situation is a huge success.

Unity, it seems you have made up your mind already, then why wasting your and others time in arguing over something on which you don't wish to accept a single ground reality or even ponder for a few minutes.

it is nothing to do with my mind, we can see all the realities. if you dont like it then it is a different issue.

Unity, make up your mind:

"But most of their leaders are alive and active within pakistan, "

"we shouldnt judge our success based on their leaders being killed or captured, rather it should be on how the situation is and how people feel safe or unsafe,"

When it was pointed out to you how the situation on the ground in Swat has become much more secure and stable, you resorted to raising the issue of 'leaders'. When Taimi pointed out that 4 out of the top 5 leaders had been killed or captured, you backtracked and said the leadership does not matter. You appear rather confused and primarily focused on arguing that the PA has not been successful, for whatever motives you harbor.

Either way you look at it, security on the ground or eliminating TTP leadership, the Swat situation is a huge success.

I am not confused, we should judge everything on what is happening, he said about their leaders being arrested/killed and i mentioned they have got new leaders and can carry their attacks in pakistan as successful - very sadly.

it is nothing to do with my mind, we can see all the realities. if you dont like it then it is a different issue.

Well if you can see the realities by sitting in UK, good for you.

But we are the people on the ground over here in Pakistan facing bomb blasts barely meters away from our homes, seeing loved ones die, learning of our loved ones going to back to their homes in Swat and happy with the situation and facing this menace unfold. If you guys by sitting in UK have a better view and knowledge of the reality then us, then i guess we are the fools not guys outside the country and learning of the reality.

Well if you can see the realities by sitting in UK, good for you.

But we are the people on the ground over here in Pakistan facing bomb blasts barely meters away from our homes, seeing loved ones die, learning of our loved ones going to back to their homes in Swat and happy with the situation and facing this menace unfold. If you guys by sitting in UK have a better view and knowledge of the reality then us, then i guess we are the fools not guys outside the country and learning of the reality.

I have got relatives both in Pakistan and Afghanistan. the ones in pakistan are in Peshawar, I used to live in Peshawar myself. they say the situation in pakistan has now completely changed, everybody is scared to go out, Sadar Bazar in Peshwar is not what it was before - empty from people, roads and shops empty from people, everybody nervouse and dont know if the next target will be them, Hayatabad's parks and other places are not in great use nowdasy especially the women's part(I think Khayber Park) is not that much in use because the Taliban had issued a warning to the women not to come to the park(they deem it as unislamic). outside peshawar city the taliban are very active, i dont see much difference between the 2 neighouring countires when it comes to security. and i am not cut off from reality as you say, i regularly visit afghanistan and pakistan. And no, you are not Khoda Na Khwasta fool, but we having different assessments.

where do you live by the way?

With the 30,000 additional troops added, the US would have an incentive to expand operations into FATA. Since the Musharraf days Pakistan Government has allowed the US to operate in Pakistan with impunity; drone strikes are coordinated between CIA and our Army. Therefore Pakistan Government cannot make an issue of US forces entering in hot pursuit into Pakistan.

Since we dont respect our own Sovereignty nobody does.

With the 30,000 additional troops added, the US would have an incentive to expand operations into FATA. Since the Musharraf days Pakistan Government has allowed the US to operate in Pakistan with impunity; drone strikes are coordinated between CIA and our Army. Therefore Pakistan Government cannot make an issue of US forces entering in hot pursuit into Pakistan.

Since we dont respect our own Sovereignty nobody does.

Pakistan has not allowed US forces to conduct independant raids as far as boots on ground are concerned.

Drones are a matter which the current government has yet to answer for since they all criticised the previous government for letting US carry out drone attacks...

I have no issues if drones are used by our Army though...point being that it is either us or the terrorists and their supporters i am afraid...anyone who choses to side with them has to pay the same price we are paying for opposing them...that has to be clear now...still it has to be done at our discretion and based on our own decisions as to what is best for us.

Regarding the US troops...they will need all 30,000 to augment their current troops in Afghanistan alone and that too will not guarantee a miracle...
However if they do an excellent job and really push people across the border due to sustained military dominance then that is a concern which has its merits as far impact on Pakistan is concerned...but there can be a solid opportunity here as well...
We can put up defences on the border and be prepared...atleast it shall not be the hide and seek we have seen so far where the Afghan warlords are helping TTP groups when they are pushed from Pakistan...
we have be ready this time...if our most wanted terrorist groups and leaders like Fazlullah come back from Afghanistan then we should welcome them with an embrace of death....the same death they have been giving our innocent Pakistanis in a most audacious manner...

lol americans opening their mouths again they don't have the balls nor resources to back up their empty threats 70% of 31 million strong a-stan is under control of taliban after help from nato and they think they can control 180+ million pakistan on their own ? well let them come if they want to they'll have to learn the hard way why pakistan is so dangerous......

lol americans opening their mouths again they don't have the balls nor resources to back up their empty threats 70% of 31 million strong a-stan is under control of taliban after help from nato and they think they can control 180+ million pakistan on their own ? well let them come if they want to they'll have to learn the hard way why pakistan is so dangerous......

brother, can you support your claim that 70% of Afghanistan is under the control of the Taliban?

Back
Top Bottom