What's new

Nowaday Vietnam: real life ( with pictures )

BoQ77

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
I noticed the growing demand for informations about Vietnam.
The thread created to provide you, the readers, with real life things, comments and pictures by Vietnam inhabitants or visitors to Vietnam.

Vietnam is basically, a country stretches from North to South with the East Coast by the side of the Eastern Sea of Vietnam, and the South faces to Thailand bay.
So Vietnam has uncountable beaches, some named, some not. To explore Vietnam by yourself you could reach the nice beaches that very few tourists ever visited.

I attached here the distance between destinations in Vietnam for you. Yellow spots is the major hubs.

11081158_933921736652161_3950253777697935403_n.jpg

1_Infographicsododiemphuotviet2000ver2.jpg

A normal gate in Hoi An old town with President Ho Chi Minh ( Uncle Ho ) picture. I took this picture because I never seen it anywhere ( a gate with Uncle Ho picture above and with a roof)
WP_20151127_08_22_18_Pro.jpg

@Nilgiri

Last edited:
If you noticed, you may see a street sport that China created but Vietnam mastered it and always ranked Number 1 in almost every competition event including World Championship

Shuttlecock Kicking - similar to sepak takraw but use shuttlecock instead of rattan ball

1336325165_news.jpg
images

or named differently in your country as

• Israel - נוצה or נוצ
  • United States - Chinese hacky sack or kikbo[6] or KickShuttle
  • Hungary - lábtoll-labda
  • Canada - kikup
  • Vietnam - đá cầu
  • Malaysia - sepak bulu ayam
  • Singapore (and SE Asia) - chapteh or capteh or chatek
  • Japan - kebane (蹴羽根)
  • Korea - jegichagi or jeigi (to most Koreans known as sports only for children)
  • Indonesia - bola bulu tangkis or sepak kenchi
  • Philippines - larong sipa
  • Macau - chiquia
  • India - poona (forerunner of badminton) (unknown to most Indians)
  • Greece - podopterisi
  • France - plumfoot or pili
  • Poland - zośka
  • Germany - Federfußball
  • The Netherlands - "voetpluim" or "voet pluim" or "jianzi"
  • Cambodia - sey
  • México - gallito
  • Sweden - spunky or adde-boll
  • UK - featherdisk
  • Ireland - kickum[8]
  • Mongolia - teveg - тэвэг
  • Central Asia Lian-ga (ru:Лянга)
Kich-thuoc-san-da-cau.jpg

Last edited:
Vietnam maintains No. 1 status at world shuttlecock championship

NDO/VNA - Vietnam secured four gold and three silver medals to come in first at the 8th World Shuttlecock Championship, which took place in Rome, Italy from September 2-5/2015

China ranked second with three gold and four silver medals.

The tournament, hosted by the International Shuttlecock Federation (ISF), drew the participation of athletes from 12 countries and territories around the world including Austria, India, Poland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, China and Vietnam.

Vietnam has been the most successful country at the world shuttlecock championship, coming in first at all of the seven editions of the tournament.

At the last edition, held in 2013 in Vietnam, the country finished first with an equivalent four gold and three silver medals.

1446624160-da-cau-phui4.jpg

1446624160-da-cau-phui5.jpg

1446624160-da-cau-phui2.jpg

In a view of a foreigner
dacau14.jpg

Last edited:
Post some pics of your cities. Are they as developed as the Chinese ones?

Planing to visit vietnam soon.have 6 days ...where to visit .
My choices are nature beauty and above all nightlife. @BoQ77 @Viet

Planing to visit vietnam soon.have 6 days ...where to visit .
My choices are nature beauty and above all nightlife. @BoQ77 @Viet

Hanoi, the capital the nightlife ended at midnight. Disappointed you huh ?
Luckily, the local authorities allowed night clubs could operate until 2:00am, starting from tomorrow the 1st of September 2016.

You could choose where to start from : Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city ( or HCMC, Saigon ) with more night life, Da Nang ( @Carlosa could help you )

From Hanoi, the city with some nightlife, you could visit some natural beauties :
- Sapa with mountain scenes and cool weather
- Halong Bay or Cat Ba islands
- Tam Coc, Bich Dong ( Ninh Binh province ) - inland Halong Bay
- Pu luong , Thanh Hoa

check-in-dia-diem-duoc-menh-danh-sa-pa-trong-long-thanh-hoa-17036-8.jpg

check-in-dia-diem-duoc-menh-danh-sa-pa-trong-long-thanh-hoa-17036-9.jpg

kinh-nghiem-du-lich-pu-luong-tu-tuc.jpg

The Reasons The Film Crew of ‘Kong: Skull Island “Chose Cong La – Ba Hang

Ha Long Bay and the area of Cong La, two locations of Quang Ninh, will be seen in the Hollywood’s blockbuster.

To choose this shooting area, the crew had to come to Halong about half a year ago and spent a number of days on discovering Halong Bay. On 6 March, the film director, Jordan Vogt-Robert will have the final check before the shooting in the next day.

The magnificent beauty of Cong La cave

According to a veteran boat driver of the Management Board of Ha Long Bay, the area of Cong La has 2 beautiful small lakes surrounded by mountains. While one lake is reached by climbing over a mountain, the other could be reached by boating through 3 caves. Caves of the area were named Ba Hang (three caves).

The unique masterpiece of nature

Cong La- Ba Hang is situated about 30 km from Tuan Chau and 20 km from Hon Gai pier. This area shares the same border with Cat Ba Island, Hai Phong.

Lake hidden in the mountains, only small boats at low tide to be accessed

Photographer Giang Do was invited by the film crew Kong: The Skull Island to investigate the shooting point with the film director Jordan Vogt-Roberts on 6 March. He is regarded as one who knows well every corner of Halong Bay. He is also shortlisted in the record book for taking the most photographs of Ha Long Bay from above. Here are some of his photos taken on this occasion.

The exceptional pristine beauty

Hanoi, the capital the nightlife ended at midnight. Disappointed you huh ?
Luckily, the local authorities allowed night clubs could operate until 2:00am, starting from tomorrow the 1st of September 2016.

You could choose where to start from : Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city ( or HCMC, Saigon ) with more night life, Da Nang ( @Carlosa could help you )

From Hanoi, the city with some nightlife, you could visit some natural beauties :
- Sapa with mountain scenes and cool weather
- Halong Bay or Cat Ba islands
- Tam Coc, Bich Dong ( Ninh Binh province ) - inland Halong Bay
- Pu luong , Thanh Hoa

check-in-dia-diem-duoc-menh-danh-sa-pa-trong-long-thanh-hoa-17036-8.jpg

check-in-dia-diem-duoc-menh-danh-sa-pa-trong-long-thanh-hoa-17036-9.jpg

kinh-nghiem-du-lich-pu-luong-tu-tuc.jpg

The Reasons The Film Crew of ‘Kong: Skull Island “Chose Cong La – Ba Hang

Ha Long Bay and the area of Cong La, two locations of Quang Ninh, will be seen in the Hollywood’s blockbuster.

To choose this shooting area, the crew had to come to Halong about half a year ago and spent a number of days on discovering Halong Bay. On 6 March, the film director, Jordan Vogt-Robert will have the final check before the shooting in the next day.

The magnificent beauty of Cong La cave

According to a veteran boat driver of the Management Board of Ha Long Bay, the area of Cong La has 2 beautiful small lakes surrounded by mountains. While one lake is reached by climbing over a mountain, the other could be reached by boating through 3 caves. Caves of the area were named Ba Hang (three caves).

The unique masterpiece of nature

Cong La- Ba Hang is situated about 30 km from Tuan Chau and 20 km from Hon Gai pier. This area shares the same border with Cat Ba Island, Hai Phong.

Lake hidden in the mountains, only small boats at low tide to be accessed

Photographer Giang Do was invited by the film crew Kong: The Skull Island to investigate the shooting point with the film director Jordan Vogt-Roberts on 6 March. He is regarded as one who knows well every corner of Halong Bay. He is also shortlisted in the record book for taking the most photographs of Ha Long Bay from above. Here are some of his photos taken on this occasion.

The exceptional pristine beauty

Danang is not knows for its nightlife, just a few bars and night clubs, that's it

Danang is not knows for its nightlife, just a few bars and night clubs, that's it

Da Nang is good for family and kids. My kids really love Da Nang

Anyway, Cu Lao Cham is good for scuba diving and snorkelling right ?

Thank you...i hope vietnam people have good attitude towards indian tourist ......

Indian visitors would feel better during their trips to Vietnam.

You made the right decision.

You derailed your own thread, troll, by bringing in China. Do you think we do not see your own cute China bashing?

The visitor ever visited China, he want a visual comparison between cities. That's why "China"
I never intend to bring China here.
Please stop posting derailed post
@waz: help me please

Delete the black&white picture, first, and also ask the Indian to remove his post regarding China.

After all of these are done...

Then I will delete mine. Otherwise, I simply follow up on what has been discussed here. You yourself compared China's city with Vietnamese city in your earlier post, remember.

I know you cannot stop not doing that.

It's our right to keep it. Your request is unreasonable

Hoi An old town in Vietnam
DSCF4350-Hoi-an-old-town-907.jpg

pho%20co%20hoi%20an%204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom