What's new

Now we've democratically elected a totalitarian government- Arunadhati Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arundhati Roy : MODI is a hindu nationalist

13narendra2.jpg

I'm SO glad that I've voluntarily abjured using the 'negative rating'.

Why does this retarded woman not speak about the people who were butchered by maoist scum while they were trying everything to give everyone a chance to cast their vote?

Simply because she is not a true Human right activist but a fifth columnist lady on payroll of some anti national people.

He deserved it , he said Modi would start a holocaust which is absurd and should not be a part of "freedom of speech"
Firstpost being a dickhead closed the comment section

we must make an archive of all these comments and statements.
when modi completes his first 5 year term in office it would be so much fun to go read these statements then.

just like the statement our netas gave during the long election campaign on modi's prospects of becoming PM looking dim and we all saw what followed.

What is bad in being a Hindu Nationalist. Why she does not become a christian Nationalist?

Do you guys think that anything is left in her now????

in a country where filmmakers make a dozen films on muslims being targeted in usa while do not consider the plight of our own kashmiri pandits even as a subject just tells you the story.
yes its a crime to call yourself a hindu nationalist in india , but i am okay with committing this crime.
pseudo-secular foreign funded activist can cry a river.

Last edited:
Posts #83 to #88 are really horrible posts, and use the most coarse and vulgar terms of abuse about a woman that I have had the misfortune to see.

Do the posters not owe it to themselves to maintain a certain minimum level of civil speech?

Put very bluntly, as always, she wants someone else to fight her battles for her, while she writes about the ongoing battle in deathless prose.

I say this while being a supporter of her right of free speech. She is the quintessential prig.

Which battle are you talking about exactly?

Which battle are you talking about exactly?

She has a problem with the Indian state in general, and opposes every move it makes. She also has a very critical view of the dealings of the state with tribals, with poor peasants or fisherfolk displaced by huge dam projects, or by metal-ore mining projects, or by factory building projects, or atomic power plants. These are just a few of the issues on which she has published very strong opinions which are not always very pleasing to hear for the politicians in power, the bureaucracy and the police, the military or capitalists.

Lots of battles.

Including the ones she fights on behalf of Kashmiri separatists.

She has a problem with the Indian state in general, and opposes every move it makes. She also has a very critical view of the dealings of the state with tribals, with poor peasants or fisherfolk displaced by huge dam projects, or by metal-ore mining projects, or by factory building projects, or atomic power plants. These are just a few of the issues on which she has published very strong opinions which are not always very pleasing to hear for the politicians in power, the bureaucracy and the police, the military or capitalists.

Lots of battles.

Ironically\ she doesn't have issues with European colonial powers ruling over India, and calls the Liberation of Goa as the Occupation of Goa by a hegemonic India. :sarcastic:

Lots of battles.

And just to make things clear, while I strongly disagree with many of her views, I still believe, equally strongly, that she should be allowed to have her say without being subjected to vulgar abuse and the kind of sexual innuendo that this thread has seen. That sort of reaction is coarse, unseemly, and totally uncivilised. If someone has something to say in opposition, he - or she - can say it, in logical, rational terms. There is no need for getting into the gutter.

Ironically\ she doesn't have issues with European colonial powers ruling over India, and calls the Liberation of Goa as the Occupation of Goa by a hegemonic India. :sarcastic:

Equally ironically, from that point of view, there are many who think that India's behaviour in forcibly occupying Goa, and destroying the independence of Sikkim, were grossly unethical. She is not alone in thinking hard thoughts about these two incidents.

You might like to read "Smash and Grab: the Annexation of Sikkim", by Sunanda K. Datta-Ray, a right-wing journalist. It is a sickening account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom