What's new

Now India and pakistan have started a food fight

Chana daal makes me fart like a Buffalo. So i try and avoid it

Passing gas is good for you. Next time you're with your gf fart away and say it's for my health. If you don't love me, you will forbid me to fart which I cannot hold in, because it is a natural process.

me%20gusta.png

Actually compared to our normal spice levels we use back home especially in our region -- this stuff was just a bit more spicy...For the Telugu people..well in the rural areas they mix boiled rice with raw chilly powder and eat. This stuff is normal for them.

We love our spices.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Agreed !

While I was in Kuwait we used to have this Pak restaurant...it had two masters -- one Panjabi for the paratha stuff and one pathan for the Naan stuff. Great taste.

Thats true in villages in Andhra telangana rayalaseema or proper andhra they eat goddu karam (actually its a little more spicy than raw chilly powder) and eat it. Another taste is mix curd with rice and have a onion plus three to four green chillies in the morning not the bengaluru chillies the smaller spicy ones. IT will shoot through your brain like a missile and your behind too :lol:

oye.... thats momo ! one of my favorite dish just love steamed darjeeling style momos with chilly chutney
hembo since you are in bahrain have you tried "TAZAJ" chicken its freaking crazy just miss it

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/4/2871756-Actua_Chicken_combo_Doha.jpg

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/4/2871754-Al_Tazaj_Doha.jpg

Momo is a type of dumpling native to China, and also popular in the bordering regions of Bhutan, Nepal and the Himalayan states of India (especially Sikkim).

One of my favorite snacks... Although it requires a acquired taste to like it I guess.. It's specially great in the tibetan version with Mithun (A type of hill bullocks) or pork filling (no offence intended, but I just dig those pork momos).. A the speciall hot chutney they serve with momos is awesome..

Momos.JPG

veg%2Bmomo%2B005.JPG

n5081253707222226922dy5.jpg

momo.jpg

n5126495352603839231ob4.jpg

n6027305897852572404zw7.jpg

^^^^ @ hembo...no buddy..its originally a Tibetan Food..and then its spread in the northe eastern part of India...infact in iNida its more popular with sikkimese..but now it is eaten in almost every hilly region in india in north east including darjeeling and adjoining regions...in fact in the last decade or so it has almost become a local snack for calcuttans..due to high population of gorkhas in Bengal.

Time for some sweet dish???

Kheer/ Payas/ Payasam...

indian_rice_pudding.jpg

Shrikhand
shrikhand-010-1024x844.jpg

Jelebees
151.jpg

Hot Gulab-Jamuns
gulab1ae06563-92eb-4.jpg

Ras malai (Ros in Bengali)
Ras-Malai-300x225.jpg

Kaju barfee
KajuKatli.jpg

Ras-Gulla (Very famous Bengali sweet).. I love this
DSC04531.JPG

Kala-kand
mb-500x500.jpg

^^^^ @ hembo...no buddy..its originally a Tibetan Food..and then its spread in the northe eastern part of India...infact in iNida its more popular with sikkimese..but now it is eaten in almost every hilly region in india in north east including darjeeling and adjoining regions...in fact in the last decade or so it has almost become a local snack for calcuttans..due to high population of gorkhas in Bengal.

Well I also though so.. But when I read from wiki, it says it was native of China.. Anyway, even if it was of tibetan origine, it still is native of China & officially we recognize Tibet to be part of China.. ;)

As for popularity, I grew up savoring momos in my childhood (late 80s) in Guwahati & in 2006 I landed up in Kolkata, so my happiness knew no bounds.. Me and my cousine used to roam to all corners of Kolkata to savor all tibetan & chinese foods..

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

You indians call burfee, Kala-kand?

Yes we do, thank you.. :lol:

Well I also though so.. But when I read from wiki, it says it was native of China.. Anyway, even if it was of tibetan origine, it still is native of China & officially we recognize Tibet to be part of China.. ;)

As for popularity, I grew up savoring momos in my childhood (late 80s) in Guwahati & in 2006 I landed up in Kolkata, so my happiness knew no bounds.. Me and my cousine used to roam to all corners of Kolkata to savor all tibetan & chinese foods..

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Yes we do, thank you.. :lol:

oh assam an Kolkata...no doubts why you like momos...lol...momos make me remmeber my first GF from Mirik, who used to make momos for me at her place..:cry:

Kolkata-Chicken-Roll-Recipe-Chicken-Roti-Roll-Recipe-in-urdu-243234.jpg

Chicken Roll.

mughlai_paratha2.JPG

Mughlai Paratha.

Yaad aa gaya mujhko.. Gujra jamana..

Mughlai Paratha was my favourite childhood dish... Still love it, but sheldom gets to eat it..

And Guwahati Chicken rolls, Chese rolls & Hero rolls (If you can finish one hero roll, you'll not eat dinner).. were awesome..

Kolkata rolls were also good..

But elsewhere in west-bengal those were pathetic.. I worked in Haldia for two years & was frustrated at eating rolls in and around Haldia..

Back
Top Bottom