What's new

Now Even Britain want to be part of CPEC - Official

I didn't expect CPEC to have attracted the Russians, & now the Brits. If this is not a sign of success for Pakistan I don't know what is. Good going Pakistan!

I sort of did. Pakistan started off as big player after independence, and already became vital player for the Arab bloc and regional in the Asia. Not to mention, Asian tiger in the economical world in 60s before it all went downhill. . If it wasn't for 70-2012 with constant wars in form of officials and proxies wars, Pakistan would have been ahead of China by now. Because during that time China was behind while Pakistan was ahead of the game. Now it is reversed while Pakistan is now catching up.

That is the thing about the life. You never know what you wake up in the new morning. By joining Pakistan means expanding more market to Middle East, Central and North Asia which Pakistan already enjoys relationship except Afghanistan/India who will be biggest losers for not joining CPEC earlier. All Pakistan needed for opportunity and investment and the result is in front of you.:D

Last edited:
I always thought that there would be pros and cons of the CPEC. In principle the project reflects the determination of both governments and expectation on its economic potential,strategic partnership and trusted friendship.

The initial amounts of 45 billions investment will be spent on Gwardar port facilities,roads,railway links and energy supply,which set up a trade route connecting China,Pak and middle eastern countries. When this starts it would create increasing demand,first of all,for hotels,food supplying,shops and other service facilities. In other words present CPEC projects are just primers that lead to various buziness opportunities to be taken. I won‘t be surprised to see hundreds or thousands of Chinese restaraunts appearing along the road in a few chains. It’d be more likely many Chinese manufacturers would move their factories into CPEC,because of transportation,connectivity and labour costs. Others who are intersted in China-Pak markets might think the same.

So many foreign governments stated their interests to be part of CPEC. My guesses are that they wish either to be connected to the rail or roads of CPEC,or to take advantages of investing on CPEC related buz.

Well,I think that the biggest concern on the success of CPEC lies on the security situation and terrorist attack by those extremist elements. I believe that Pak government is also aware of the threat.

Back
Top Bottom