What's new

Now Chinese say "India biggest threat to China"!!!

Are there no military professionals among Indian members?

Well what are the factors that can make India win the war with China?
Just tell us what you think even from a layman's point of view. :)

Antony warns IAF top brass not to talk about China

New Delhi (PTI) With China reacting strongly to senior IAF officers' justification of increase in military strength in Arunachal Pradesh to counter Beijing, Defence Minister A K Antony is understood to have warned IAF top brass against talking about the neighbours or India's military capability.

Defence Ministry sources said here on Friday that Mr. Antony's rap came in the wake of Chinese Deputy Chief of General Staff Lt Gen Ma Xiaotian snubbing an Indian delegation comprising Defence Secretary Vijay Singh and Navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta at the Shangri La dialogue in Singapore in May by suggesting that Indian commanders were sabre-rattling on China.

China, sources said, had also conveyed its anguish over Indian military commanders equating it with the troubled South Asian nations such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.

New IAF chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik had promptly conveyed the Defence Minister's diktat to his commanders and asked them not to speak out of turn on the neighbours or about the military capabilities of India.

The Defence Minister is also believed to have pulled up South Western Air Commander Air Marshal K D Singh for his reported commented on a "short intense war" with Pakistan.

Former IAF chief Fali Homi Major had at his pre-retirement press conference talked about India coming close to striking Pakistan in the wake of the November 26 Mumbai terror attacks.
The Hindu News Update Service

Are there no military professionals among Indian members?

Well what are the factors that can make India win the war with China?
Just tell us what you think even from a layman's point of view. :)

What war?

And why are ypu PMing some 'data' to some members only but then asking everyone for their opinion??? Ask only those you are PMing.

Chinese media attacks India over reports on troop deployment on border

BEIJING: China's official media has reacted sharply to reports that India was deploying more troops along the border with China with one of them
saying the move will "lead to a rivalry between the two countries".

India needs to consider whether or not it can afford the consequences of a potential confrontation with China," the People's Daily and its sister publication, the Global Times said in an identical piece. This is a rare occasion when the official media has taken such an aggressive stance on India.

Two major Chinese Internet portals, sina and sohu, ran the analysis suggesting that it reflects the views of a large section in the Communist Party of China. The piece, originally written by the Global Times, has been published across a wide spectrum of the Chinese media.

"The tough posture Singh's new government has taken may win some applause among India's domestic nationalists. But it is dangerous if it is based on a false anticipation that China will cave in," said the piece, which appeared as an editorial in Global Times and as an article in other papers.

The piece is a reaction to a news agency report saying India has deployed two additional army divisions comprising 60,000 additional troops along the border with China besides placing a squadron of frontline Sukhoi Su-30 MKI combat jets at a key airbase in the North East.

The foreign ministry in Beijing earlier rejected reports that the Chinese military has been involved in repeated incursions across the border with India. He reiterated the well known Chinese stance that there can be no question of incursion in a situation where the border has not been mapped.

"We cannot accept such an allegation and expect relevant Indian figures and media be responsible and do something good for bilateral ties," Qin Gang, the Chinese foreign ministry spokesman said. He said China wants to reach a fair and reasonable solution on the border issue with India and urging both sides preserve the stability and peace in the border region.

The Global Times also claimed it has conducted an Internet survey, which showed that 74% of respondents were against China having friendly relationship with India after New Delhi's move along the border. It said that 65% of the survey's respondents said the provocative action by India is harmful to bilateral ties between the two countries. But the paper did not reveal how many people and what kind of people participated in the survey.

"India likes to brag about its sustainable development, but worries that it is being left behind by China. China is seen in India as both a potential threat and a competitor to surpass," it said. "But India can't actually compete with China in a number of areas, like international influence, overall national power and economic scale. India apparently has not yet realized this," the GT editorial said.

Chinese media attacks India over reports on troop deployment on border - China - World - The Times of India

Talk about the arrogance of the Chinese Media.

India is biggest threat to China and India is a biggest threat to Pakistan also, but I dont think there'll be a war between India and China in the future...India is too scared it'll be suicide for India...but I'm pretty sure there'll be a 4th Indo-Pak war sometime in the future.

India is biggest threat to China and India is a biggest threat to Pakistan also, but I dont think there'll be a war between India and China in the future...India is too scared it'll be suicide for India...but I'm pretty sure there'll be a 4th Indo-Pak war sometime in the future.

I can bet, a war is gonna be there within before 2013, it is just inevitable

Well Ladies and gentlemen, we have not one but two equivalents of Nostradamus. To discuss predictions, I guess there is a separate thread going on. Please use it and not clutter the forum with nonsensical predictions.

Right!

Yes we are scared of China because they are bigger and of Pakistan because they have nukes.

But of course, China does not fear Indian nukes and Pakistan India's size because, well we know why. Its because you 'THINK'!

I can bet, a war is gonna be there within before 2013, it is just inevitable. Both know the reason and both are getting prepared for that. I will PM you something. Well China wants it after 2015, but India cannot give that amount of time to China. So now India wants a crucial victory before 2015.

I was talking about a full scale war, thats why I mentioned sea border as China's submarines are patrolling near the Indian Ocean. Chain of pearls.

I think Mr. Communist has travelled thru the future (2015), came back to our time, to change the tides into China's favor. Well as an Indian that is domed to die in a war with China, can you please tell me the lottery number for the next week, so I can atleast enjoy the next 6 years of my life. I would appreciate a whole lot!!! Thanks!!:D

Genetic problem, sometimes they confuse crying and smiling. India had wanted it that way, and it just happened. :chilli:

Please don't make derogatory remarks about an entire people, or a single poster for that matter. After the just concluded discussions on racism, it should be obvious that such comments will draw serious rebuke and withdrawal of posting privileges if they continue.

This is surprising that chinese are more threatened by indians than traditional enemy pakistan is this is higher percentage than pakistanis who think india is a threat to them.I wonder why they are feeling so threatened by each other they're trade between them is so huge.

Well, over at Bharat Rakshak, China is keeping our Indian internet warriors busy with all sorts of news, they're obsessed with them lol.

This is surprising that chinese are more threatened by indians than traditional enemy pakistan is this is higher percentage than pakistanis who think india is a threat to them.I wonder why they are feeling so threatened by each other they're trade between them is so huge.

Khanz Sir,

Not really surprising as Chinese public opinion is controlled tightly through multiple means, unlike in Pakistan.

I don’t know why SS puts a smile face there.

If I were you, I’d put a crying face, for Mr. Singh succeeded in promoting his own interest at the expanses of vast poor Indians.

Hi,

The reason I put a smiley face for the thread is coz I found it really funny that an article such as this should appear immediately after the comments made by our ACM about China being India's biggest threat. Just goes on to show the tit-for-tat attitude that the two countries have adopted towards each other and often don't mind going public about their views.
I never miss an opportunity to see satire even in the most serious of issues and hence my views were simply in line with the first line of the thread, which reads-

Call it a ****-and-bull or a bull-in-a-China-shop story.
:D

Back
Top Bottom