What's new

Not Taj, African leaders’ spouses to visit Akshardham temple

Kashmiri Pandit

Reaction score
Country
India
The Akshardham temple has been chosen by South Block as the first and only monument on the itinerary of 17 spouses of leaders of African nations. Besides visiting the temple, they will also interact with the famous “Solar Grandmothers” from Africa and will be showcased handloom fashion from Varanasi.

Thursday’s compact four-hour programme for the spouses of African delegates will also include some culinary lessons by a celebrity chef during lunch. The programme has been chalked out by India’s envoy to UNESCO Ruchira Kamboj, who had earlier served as the Chief of Protocol and has now been tasked to be the host of the spouses. When asked why Akshardham temple was chosen over UNESCO heritage sites like the Humayun’s Tomb or the famous Qutub Minar, she said that it was not an easy choice. “The Swaminarayan Akshardham temple represents classic, ancient and timeless. It showcases India’s heritage and culture,” she said. Asked if the Taj Mahal was an option, she replied, “Time was our enemy…it had to be packed within four hours… I think we have been able to put together a diverse mix… from classic to modern.”

The First Ladies will also interact with ‘Solar Grandmothers’ from Africa, who are being trained in Tilona in Rajasthan at the Barefoot College, an NGO, to be solar engineers. The selected solar engineers are specifically middle-aged women with strong roots in the African communities. “‘Threads of Benaras’ — on handlooms. And then, there would be a demonstration of Indian culinary skills by Chef Kunal Kapoor,” said Kamboj.

The programme has been restricted to four hours so that the spouses of African leaders can attend the President Pranab Mukherjee’s banquet in the evening, without getting rushed. On Wednesday, some of them went to shop at the Cottage Emporium and the Dilli Haat.

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame: Pseudo Secularists and Pseudo Liberals .

Rightly pointed out by one of the comments and I quote , "This news will give the so called secularists & the editor of this paper sleepless night, i am happy."

"One more reason for pesudo intellectuals , artists to return awards.Ps- they should also returns all other privileges that come with award."

As a temple,Akshardham is a real beauty.No wonder Jehadis couldn't bear this fact and attacked it.

Akshardham+3.gif

Akshardham_Lotus.jpg

url

Akshardham-4.jpg

I hope one day I get to see it in real .
It really is amazing in real, but nowadays they have started charging a lot for the Movie, Dramatics and the Laser Show.
Personally the Laser show was something that I liked a lot ( as it did not involve sitting around for hours in waiting for the movie or Running to change rooms in case of Dramatics).

Do remember that the Temple is closed on Monday ( I made the mistake of going their on Monday ). and it really takes a lot of time to explore the temple thoroughly , so plan accordingly.

I have seen akshar dham twice, and it is a beautiful place, after an attempt of jihadhi attack on it the security is very strict, one cannot carry cameras, belts, etc in side the temple , it takes a minimum of 3 hours to see the place, as I have seen TAJ I did not find it as a wonder. Akshar dham is a huge complex, and has beautiful carvings, totally mesmarising.

I hope they are asked to visit the Great Temple in Tanjore. One disappointing electoral promise from Modi was he pledged to move the focus away from Delhi and start welcoming guests on Indian cities. Till now other than Ahmedabad, Modiji has not conducted any meeting with any other foreign dignitory in other Indian cities.

I hope they are asked to visit the Great Temple in Tanjore. One disappointing electoral promise from Modi was he pledged to move the focus away from Delhi and start welcoming guests on Indian cities. Till now other than Ahmedabad, Modiji has not conducted any meeting with any other foreign dignitory in other Indian cities.

It would be appropriate to call this government as government of Gujarat (no offence) rather than Government of India. Every program or deal starts and ends with Modi's home state.

Back
Top Bottom