What's new

North East Calls Boycott of Rebublic days (India).

Guess what Republic Day is Over!!!!!!
What's the point of this thread now anyway.
Close it.

Well you are wrong again. Bengalis are a mixed race, infact Bengalis are a not a race at all. Its a ethnicity mixed of Aryan+Dravid+Austro Asiatic+Tibeto Burmese. In the pockets of NE there are distinct groups of people who did not intermingled with outsiders. Thats true. Even if you look at the traditional rituals of Bengalis, you will find a lot of commonality which are native to this land.

Depends on the quality of development. You have to look beyond the box. Give you a simple example. Indian enterpreneur like TVS/Tata wants a Indian SEZ in Chatak/Sylhet region in Bangladesh. They want to manufacture things there and want to export them to NE. Mizoram CM wants BD enterpreneur to start Garment Industry in Mizoram and make use of the female workforce there.

For BD enterpreneur or for a Indian enterpreneur, do you think its logical for them to setup a industry in Mizorum specially export oriented? Just ask it to yourself.

I did not understand what you mean (regarding bolded part).. as for trade example you gave I m more than welcome for such initiatives.

I did not understand what you mean (regarding bolded part).. as for trade example you gave I m more than welcome for such initiatives.

Well, for instance our new years Festival which is the biggest event of Bengalis. Khasis, Santal, Tripra, Rakhine, Chakmas, Hindus, Muslim everybody participate on the same day.

Heck I even had blast with Burmese in United States. I used to go to Burmese Restaurant for Spicy foods. They love Pan too... We could understood a lot each other..

Well, for instance our new years Festival which is the biggest event of Bengalis. Khasis, Santal, Tripra, Rakhine, Chakmas, Hindus, Muslim everybody participate on the same day.

Heck I even had blast with Burmese in United States. I used to go to Burmese Restaurant for Spicy foods. They love Pan too... We could understood a lot each other..

Hmm khasis ,chkamas and tripuri people had some contact with people in other side traditionally..what you said could be true..but i thought BD overall are more similar to our Bengali people. good to know that:tup:

Assam defies militant threat

Amid a boycott call of 12 separatist outfits, including Ulfa, hundreds of people defied militant threat to take part in Republic Day’s celebrations in Assam and other northeastern states.
Assam governor J.B. Patnaik, who hoisted the tri-colour at a veterinary college playground, lauded the multi-pronged strategy of the state government and claimed that it has started paying dividend inthe form of peace pacts with militants and suspension of counter-insurgency operations in the state.
He said, “The strategy in the form of sustained development efforts, counter-insurgency operations against active militantgroups and peace overtures for people willing to come forward for negotiated settlement has paid rich dividends.”
He said that the suspension of operations, agreements with various extremist outfits such as the UPDS, KLNLF, DHD(N), DHD(J), NDFB(P), ACMA, BCF and Ulfa led by its chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa, justify the initiative of the state government. “Recent agreements with the UPDS had resulted in the peaceful (autonomous district) Council elections in Karbi Anglong district,” he said

Assam defies militant threat | Deccan Chronicle

Burmese and Bangladeshi generally get along well with one another. I have known many during my college days in Thailand.

Whole India Celebrated Republic Day. Militancy has nothing to do with it. Too many surrendered and others will follow. Lets take no more stress. Peace is good for all. Pls close the thread..

Whole India Celebrated Republic Day. Militancy has nothing to do with it. Too many surrendered and others will follow. Lets take no more stress. Peace is good for all. Pls close the thread..
Are you kidding? well just no point to talk about whole india ... That thread is dedicated to North east and Their opinion care ..whole india is much more complex ... like there huge populations.
again about threads title I forgot to mention militants and now its not in my hands to correct it ..But if you better ignore the title and discuss about NE than it would be pleasure for me.

Back
Top Bottom