What's new

Norinco VT-4 MBT

Pakistan is reportedly testing this monster.

How do i download this?
Here is the translation of video description
King of Land Warfare: armored forces in Japan
Description: Japanese 13-in 8 × 8 wheeled motorized chariot exposure, which is the second after 10 tanks, Japan has developed a new type of armored fighting vehicles. Out media speculation China is also the latest 99A2 tanks Asia's leading, who dominate the field in Japan chariot?
No mention of Pakistan....

VT-4

最为先进的外贸坦克VT-4坦克与VT-1的不同主要在动力系统方面。VT-4采用了1200马力发动机和CF-1000系列综合传动的一体化动力包,整体性能较原先的乌克兰动力包有很大提高。其他方面,VT-4则可以看做是VT-1的升级版。在本次装甲展中,VT-4的澎湃动力彰显无遗。
VT-4 MBT using 1,200HP tank engine and CF-1000 hydraulic power pack.

235844kclach6h4mwhfff0.jpg

000028a0bardi4b0c4rc4b.jpg

000105iiv6vv96rvqvlgqw.jpg

000318mbbbb5m5lgk2labc.jpg

000237rb0bzwf8aylqy0aq.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the translation of video description
King of Land Warfare: armored forces in Japan
Description: Japanese 13-in 8 × 8 wheeled motorized chariot exposure, which is the second after 10 tanks, Japan has developed a new type of armored fighting vehicles. Out media speculation China is also the latest 99A2 tanks Asia's leading, who dominate the field in Japan chariot?
No mention of Pakistan....
First this Tank is MBT-3000 or VT-4 not 99A2 so who ever translated is a genius

From the video, the VT-4 turret gun stabiliser is extremely advance and stable that it is able to maintain stagnant while the whole chasis is rotating on uneven surface.

VT-4

VT-4 MBT using 1,200HP tank engine and CF-1000 hydraulic power pack.
The whole power pack maybe a little expensive though it is cheaper than the similar products from the germanny...
It maybe the only but a big problem for Pakistan.

Well September has started any body can tell when will tests start

al right guys time to wake up, the event the video is from is "Norinco Armour Day" and many delegates from many countries are invited, not just pakistan.

this one a shorter video in hd

First lets hope the Al-Khalid and the MBT-3000 aren't the same Tank before we reach any conclusions.
Why? If they are the same Tank, AK2 may be in service very soon, because the video shows the progress of VT4

You should know the logic of the video, why they give a picture for two happy Pakistani before the test of VT4?

Yes, you will have it.

Why? If they are the same Tank, AK2 may be in service very soon, because the video shows the progress of VT4

You should know the logic of the video, why they give a picture for two happy Pakistani before the test of VT4?

Yes, you will have it.
They are not same Tank Al Khalid II is being done in HIT and it would be shown for first time in IDEX 2014

well,i think we really need something to be clarified(or disccussed).

1,About MBT3000's engine: MBT3000 is using same engine as 99A(the official name of newest type 99 tank,which some people in forum call it 99A2 or 99G or whatever.I'm quite sure about the name..).But the engine of 99A is 1500hp.MBT3000 adjusted its power to about 1300hp(or 1200hp,which i'm not very sure) ,to gain a better lifetime.

2, 99A seems to have same transmission systems as MBT3000.They both use Steering Wheel to control.( which i thought MBT3000 were better than 99A,and 99A used lever to control.)But there is no pic to confirm this.

3,speed: I've never heard 99A can run as fast as 80km/h..... maybe it's on highway?...it's not important.you can take it as a joke.

4.amor.99A's is similar to 1m RHA? some people say that,but i'm not sure.

5.family tree:
VT1A=china export version MBT2000,there is a little different from Al Khalid like ERA or sth.i'm not sure.
VT2=looks very like 96 series.
VT3=kind of modified 59
VT4=MBT3000.nearly same chasis of 99A.But its turrent looks like an upgrade mbt2000.

Yes, you will have it.
VT-4 is impressive and i hope that Pakistan does acquire a large number of them to replace our aging fleet of Type-59's/69's, but the AK2 is supposed to be Pakistan's own indigenous effort and if it turns out that they're both the same Tank then that would only prove that the Chinese have been designing and testing our Tanks for us because we are incapable of doing so on our own.

VT-4 is impressive and i hope that Pakistan does acquire a large number of them to replace our aging fleet of Type-59's/69's, but the AK2 is supposed to be Pakistan's own indigenous effort and if it turns out that they're both the same Tank then that would only prove that the Chinese have been designing and testing our Tanks for us because we are incapable of doing so on our own.

Talk is cheap, acquiring this beast in large number needs lots of money.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom