What's new

Nobody can prevent India's oil exploration in our waters: Vietnam

Interesting, I didn't know about that.

Well, Indonesia buys weapons from China and actually, Russia believes that Indonesia is the one that gave a sample of a Yakhont missile to China, which is why the chinese were able to make a copy.

Yes, they had claims, and even Indonesia supported Pakistan in every war. Thats give me some eye opening thoughts about geopolitics that maybe Indonesia never join that party where India and Vietnam going to join.

No. my emoticons are about what you said about exporting Brahmos.
No nation reveal its top state secrets without any formal alliance, not even USA or Japan. But if the alliance is formalized you see NATO like weapon exports/imports between these countries.

Yes, they had claims, and even Indonesia supported Pakistan in every war. Thats give me some eye opening thoughts about geopolitics that maybe Indonesia never join that party where India and Vietnam going to join.

No nation reveal its top state secrets without any formal alliance, not even USA or Japan. But if the alliance is formalized you see NATO like weapon exports/imports between these countries.

I don't think Indonesia will join any alliance unless they get into hot waters with the chinese.

What is their reasoning for the claims?
Here, from official site of Indian Navy.

And there was Indonesia, whose relations with India had deteriorated after the Bandung Conference of 1955. The Communist Party of Indonesia had come to power and had close links with Communist China. In the end 1950's, the strength of the Indonesian Navy had increased substantially. Between 1959 and 1965, Russia gave Indonesia one cruiser, fourteen destroyers, fourteen submarines, eight anti submarine patrol vessels, twenty missile boats and several motor torpedo boats and gunboats. Indonesia had arrived at a mutual defence arrangement with Pakistan. Indonesian leaders started voicing claims to Great Nicobar which was closest to Sumatra and wanting the Indian Ocean to be renamed as the Indonesian Ocean.
The 1965 INDO Pakistan War | Indian Navy

A good read
Andaman and Nicobar Islands: A security challenge for India » Indian Defence Review

@Carlosa You know ,when the Indian Navy was planning SSBN in 1999 ( maybe year is wrong) . Then ASEAN formally asked the USA, to further strict the sanctions on India, because any massive Indian Naval deployment with submersible nuclear weapons would be a threat to South East Asia. And that was drafted by Indonesia.

I dont believe India or Indonesia forget this so easily.

Here, from official site of Indian Navy.

The 1965 INDO Pakistan War | Indian Navy

A good read
Andaman and Nicobar Islands: A security challenge for India » Indian Defence Review

@Carlosa You know ,when the Indian Navy was planning SSBN in 1999 ( maybe year is wrong) . Then ASEAN formally asked the USA, to further strict the sanctions on India, because any massive Indian Naval deployment with submersible nuclear weapons would be a threat to South East Asia. And that was drafted by Indonesia.

Very interesting, I'm researching the Indo claims right now, hmmmmmmm

B-qqWz5UAAAQA4M.jpg

DRDO’s HMS-X hull-mounted sonar being installed on a Myanmarese Navy guided missile frigate

The government could consider possible sale of DRDO-developed products and systems like radars, missiles and torpedoes to friendly countries, Parliament was today told.

Informing Rajya Sabha about the export by India of three Hull-Mounted Sonar systems to Myanmar, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said in a written reply that DRDO has developed sonars for Indian Navy and transferred technology to Indian industries for manufacture and supply of the same to Indian Navy.

“Some of the DRDO developed products/systems, like radars, electronic warfare systems, AEW&C systems, bridging systems, missiles, torpedoes, decoy and fire control systems, among others, can be considered for export to friendly countries,” Parrikar said.

He added that Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) has exported three Hull-Mounted Sonars to Myanmar which were manufactured based on technology designed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

He said that a number of countries have shown an initial interest in acquiring the DRDO-developed sonar systems.

Former Defence Minister AK Antony had last year announced the deal to sell sonar equipment to Myanmar under a contract valued at USD 29.24 million.

Back
Top Bottom