What's new

No Third Party In Indo-Pak Talks On Terror, Says Sushma Swaraj

SwAggeR

Reaction score
Country
India
Hours before the arrival of Pakistan's National Security Adviser Sartaj Aziz in India to hold talks with his Indian counterpart Ajit Doval, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday made it abundantly clear that India will not accept any third party in the discussions between the two nuclear-enabled nations on rising incidents of border skirmishes and terror attacks.

"India will not accept Hurriyat as the third party in the Indo-Pak talks. If the Pakistan NSA wants to come to India, we will welcome him. But the talks will only be on terrorism and terrorism alone. There is no scope for expansion of agenda," Swaraj told reporters in the national capital.

"Sartaj Aziz should come if he agrees with India on the points made by us. India is not putting any pre-conditions but we are only reminding Pakistan there will be no talks on Kashmir now. It will be only on terror," she said.

As time runs out between the two nations, the talks are in jeopardy as Pakistan has bluntly told India that it will go ahead with its meeting with Hurriyat. Indian government last week put Hurriyat's top leaders under house arrest to stop them meeting Aziz in Delhi when he arrives for talks.

"Terror and talks can't happen but talk on terror should happen," Swaraj said, and added that Pakistan should respect the Shimla agreement in which it was decided that no third party will ne involved in the Indo-Pak talks.

Swaraj said that India wrote to Pakistan on July 23 informing them that there will be NSA talks on August 23 in India. "Pakistan was given a month's notice". Islamabad, she said, responded on August 14, 22 days after India reached out to them, with its own agenda.

Aziz, who is scheduled to travel to New Delhi tomorrow for talks with Doval, told a press conference in Islamabad today that he is ready to travel to India as per schedule but without any pre-conditions.

He was sharply critical of the Indian government for its insistence that he should not meet Kashmiri separatist leaders while in New Delhi and said this was akin to controlling the guest list for a reception being held for him at the Pakistan High Commission.

"Cancellation (of the talks) is yet to be confirmed from either side. Therefore, we are ready to go as per schedule without any pre-condition," Aziz said.

Given that there is no likelihood of India changing its stand that separatist Hurriyat had no role in Indo-Pak talks, the possibility of NSAs meeting is remote.

Swaraj said India will go ahead with the talks only if Pakistan assured us by tonight that no third party will be involved and that the talks will only be on terror.

No Third Party In Indo-Pak Talks On Terror, Says Sushma Swaraj

Several Media personal left the scene after a royal spanking...

Pakistan doesn't even have balls to face Indian authority alone.They violated the rule & crying to the whole world..

Does this fellow Aziz and his ilk know the difference between discussions and dialogue? This meeting by the NSAs is a discussion on terror only as per the Ufa agreement. NSAs have NO locus standii on discussing other issues like Kashmir which is part of the Composite Dialogue by the Foreign ministers of both countries.

Next this guy Aziz will say that the Kashmir issue must be discussed by the DGs Rangers and BSF, and the DGMOs of India and Pakistan in their scheduled meetings to be held shortly!! :laughcry: :cuckoo: What kinda nonsense is this? This seems to be beyond the comprehension of the Pak Establishment.

We can have talks on terror as well.
But you know Kashmir is a core issue with UN resolutions and 4 wars behind it.
And we had terror on agenda as well in the talks.
Terrorism in Balochistan and Karachi you know.
So let's talk on Kashmir and let's talk on terrorism.

It is very simple. Kashmir is THE CORE ISSUE! Lets talk about it.

You want to talk about terrorism as well, fine. Then take the first steps: STOP CROSS-BORDER TERRORISM in Pakistan immediately and lets talk about it.

Stop playing this double game, remove or contain extremist hindus such as Ajit Devil or Manhoar running the show and making lives of hundreds of millions of people miserable (in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc).

Hours before the arrival of Pakistan's National Security Adviser Sartaj Aziz in India to hold talks with his Indian counterpart Ajit Doval, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday made it abundantly clear that India will not accept any third party in the discussions between the two nuclear-enabled nations on rising incidents of border skirmishes and terror attacks.

"India will not accept Hurriyat as the third party in the Indo-Pak talks. If the Pakistan NSA wants to come to India, we will welcome him. But the talks will only be on terrorism and terrorism alone. There is no scope for expansion of agenda," Swaraj told reporters in the national capital.

Every single media outlet and yellow journalist is writing these articles on Pakistan. So much for a nation that has "moved on from Pakistan and is only competing with the Chinese" :enjoy:

Its almost like the ENTIRE Indian media and government are in panic mode on dealing with Pakistan. The other side, has less then 10% of this traffic. It seems like Modi's romantic dinner and date with the Arabs didn't help either?

We can have talks on terror as well.
But you know Kashmir is a core issue with UN resolutions and 4 wars behind it.
And we had terror on agenda as well in the talks.
Terrorism in Balochistan and Karachi you know.
So let's talk on Kashmir and let's talk on terrorism.

You just have a terror talks on agenda.
We have live terrorist to display in front of mr aziz. :laugh:

Every single media outlet and yellow journalist is writing these articles on Pakistan. So much for a nation that has "moved on from Pakistan and is only competing with the Chinese" :enjoy:

Its almost like the ENTIRE Indian media and government are in panic mode on dealing with Pakistan. The other side, has less then 10% of this traffic. It seems like Modi's romantic dinner and date with the Arabs didn't help either?

You have proof of your claims ?

Really ?? Do you think like that ?? But your NSA differs .

And I hope you check the twitter trends of Pakistan and India.

Really ?? Do you think like that ?? But your NSA differs .

And I hope you check the twitter trends of Pakistan and India.

LOL, my NSA runs the entire globe, the little NAME you've adopted to show your soup-o-powa status doesn't mean you have an NSA like anything!!! We are talking about India and Pakistan. Stay on the topic and no involve me into this puddle of shiit and play personals. Just answer what I am asking for.

You have proof of your claims ?

The proofs are history. You are looking at loaded guns on both sides. Its time to come clean or go heavy on each other with flash lights!!!! Both of you have a choice to drop bullshiit and get real peace established or....you can guess. This region may not see trade for a few decades going forward.

Yes, we're willing to discuss Indian terrorism in J&K.

If india have such proof why dnt she went to international court?

LOL, my NSA runs the entire globe,

I see !!

the little NAME you've adopted to show your soup-o-powa status doesn't mean you have an NSA like anything!!! We are talking about India and Pakistan. Stay on the topic and no involve me into this puddle of shiit and play personals. Just answer what I am asking for.

Do you have comprehension problem ??Saratz Aziz represents which country. I see , it's common among pakistanies. My reply was regarding only India and Pakistan .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom