What's new

'No smoking, no shaving': Taliban restore old rules in newly seized Afghan territory

From the OP :

From my thread from November last year :

What kind of Sharia law are they talking about ? It will be their distorted interpretation of course.

And what was my thread about ?

It was actually the Western Christendom that supported the Taliban in inception, just like how Israel did for Hamas in Palestine.

That sir is quite a non-empathetic statement.

Their own distorted variant of Sharia.
Stop talking out of your poop hole for once.

there is theory. there is practice

a millenium of Islam in Afghanistan has done wonders to Afghan society :partay::partay::partay:

Then why is El Salvador such an "advanced" and "progressive" civilization?

Are you this delusional or oblivious to ground reality of Afghanistan? What do you think Taliban rule brings?
Here's an iconic reminder.

View attachment 762505

Please go watch videos on Life under Taliban Rule so you can see clearly, by video evidence life under Taliban control. There are a bunch in between the time frame of two years.

Women are not getting equivalent education. When asked about human rights, they always deflect that they will provide the human rights in light of the Islamic law. What does this mean? They never elaborate, but one can see what they mean when they visit their areas.
Their country their rules.

The negative propaganda will continue to increase as days go by … I would recommend to stay calm and give some time for things to settle down in Afghanistan.

Fake news

I hate shaving and I hate cigarette smoke anyway

So I would be happy with this news

Going by your profile picture you better start growing your beard :lol:

Pakistan has been taken over by terrorist apologists, our core is now rotten thanks to a weak pathetic state ideology that goes where the wind blows.
Not funny dear! Beard, Hijab are all shaira related things.
Turkish and honesty are antonyms:haha:

you shoulda seen the filthy perverted "islami" emirate of waziristan before it was purged
Filthy is all about Queen Victoria and her filthy new world order.
Are you this delusional or oblivious to ground reality of Afghanistan? What do you think Taliban rule brings?
Here's an iconic reminder.

View attachment 762505

Please go watch videos on Life under Taliban Rule so you can see clearly, by video evidence life under Taliban control. There are a bunch in between the time frame of two years.

Women are not getting equivalent education. When asked about human rights, they always deflect that they will provide the human rights in light of the Islamic law. What does this mean? They never elaborate, but one can see what they mean when they visit their areas.
Our beloved Chairman Mao Tse Tung killed millions while marching towards the capital of China, same is the case with French revolution, American civil war and so on and so forth. Media wars are in full swing regarding afghanistan when the west is being declared civilised and east being barbarian.

Salaam

I may have not made my point clear.

Yes, I do think there is an element of the fog of war and heavy propaganda going on. I have personally seen interviews of Taliban leaders saying they have learnt from their experiences and hope to improve their governmence. I am not going to pretend I know what they consider to be improvement though.

However, the main point I was trying to make regarding letting the dust settle is not just about propaganda.

My point is that the people in charge of the Taliban are the military commanders who have been actively waging war for the majority of their lives. These people have a very different mentality to what a person who is more politically minded would.

Once the Taliban have come to power and you see some time pass things may change. Remember, even last time the Taliban, in addition to being inexperienced as a group, were also at war. They hadn't mamaged to fully conquere the country and thus hadn't fully transitioned.

I am hoping to see change once there is peace and a more political leadership starts to emerge. I also think change would start to come once they start dealing with the rest of the world for trade and such.

But why don't hey elaborate on those changes? Are they limited to military capability alone?

Its funny when france imposes Burqa ban then liberals are like "Their country, their rules" completely ignoring the freedom of choice.

Now the same liberals want to play by "Their country, our rules" philosophy when it comes to Taliban. Though this news could just be pure trash but i am just assuming this to be true.

You have to draw a line somewhere for me everywhere it should be "Their country, their rules"

Yeah, no liberal says "their country, their rules" because the entire point of liberalism is freedom of choice.

Besides which came first. France (one country out of so many European countries) banning burka or so many Muslim countries making the burka compulsory.

This "their country, their rules" would work if you guys didn't cry Islamophobia everytime their right wing would enforce laws to "preserve culture."
Their country their rules.

Read above.
Fake news

I hate shaving and I hate cigarette smoke anyway

So I would be happy with this news

Beardless Imran Khan would be probably jailed under Taliban rule, I reckon you would enjoy that too then 🤡

Some Pakistanis here pretending that the Taliban is not the Taliban 20 years ago and is actually progressive or some shit 🤡🤡

Fun fact: When a Pakistani football team travelled to Afghanistan in 1999/2000 for a football match, the Taliban had their heads shaved as punishment for wearing shorts because they wanted full-body covering clothes.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/jul/18/rorymccarthy

This article from 2000.

Last edited:
'No smoking, no shaving': Taliban restore old rules in newly seized Afghan territory

View attachment 762474
They say they'll protect human rights but according to “Islamic values” that are interpreted differently across the Muslim world.

AFPPublished about 23 hours ago

Days after the Taliban captured a remote district in Afghanistan's north, they issued their first orders in the form of a letter to the local imam.

“It said women can't go to the bazaar without a male companion, and men should not shave their beards,” said Sefatullah, 25, a resident of Kalafgan district.

The insurgents also banned smoking, he added, and warned that anybody violating the rules “will be seriously dealt with”.

The Taliban are making huge advances across the country as they capitalise on the final withdrawal of foreign troops — capturing districts, seizing key border crossings, and encircling provincial capitals.

In some areas, they are again introducing the harsh interpretation of Islamic rule that earned them notoriety until being overthrown by the US-led invasion that followed the September 11 attacks.

Last month, they took Shir Khan Bandar, a northern customs post that connected the country to Tajikistan over a US-funded bridge that spanned the Panj river.

“After Shir Khan Bandar fell, the Taliban ordered women not to step out of their homes,” said Sajeda, who told AFP she worked in a local factory at the time.

“There were many women and young girls doing embroidery, tailoring and shoe-making [...] The Taliban's order has now terrified us,” she told AFP by phone.
View attachment 762475
A nurse checks the blood pressure of a patient for an antenatal care visit at a government-run maternity in Dand district of Kandahar province, Afghanistan, October 1, 2020. — AFP/File

The Taliban ruled Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001 according to a hardline interpretation of the Holy Quran.

Women were ordered to stay indoors unless accompanied by a male relative, girls were banned from school, and those found guilty of crimes such as adultery were stoned to death.

View attachment 762476
A nurse (R) registers a patient at a mobile clinic set up at the residence of a local elder in Yarmuhamad village, near Lashkar Gah in Helmand province, Afghanistan, March 28, 2021. — AFP/File

Men had relatively more freedom but were ordered not to shave, would be beaten if they didn't attend prayers, and were told to only wear traditional clothing.

Afghanistan is deeply conservative and some rural pockets of the country adhere to similar rules even without Taliban oversight — but the insurgents have tried to impose these edicts even in more modern centres.

'Marry your daughters to the Taliban'

A statement purporting to come from the Taliban, circulated on social media this week, ordered villagers to marry off their daughters and widows to the movement's foot soldiers.

“All imams and mullahs in captured areas should provide the Taliban with a list of girls above 15 and widows under 45 to be married to Taliban fighters,” said the letter, issued in the name of the Taliban's cultural commission.

View attachment 762477
Women wait for their turn at a mobile clinic for women and children set up at the residence of a local elder in Yarmuhamad village, near Lashkar Gah in Helmand province, Afghanistan, March 28, 2021. — AFP/File

It brought back bitter memories of the edicts issued by the Ministry for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice during the Taliban's first stint in power.

Keen to project a softer image this time around, they have denied issuing any such statement and dismissed it as propaganda.

“These are baseless claims,” said Zabihullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the group.

“They are rumours spread using fabricated papers.”

'Nobody can leave home at night'

But people in areas recently taken by the insurgents insist there is truth to the social media buzz.

In Yawan district on the Tajikistan border, the Taliban gathered residents at a local mosque after taking over.

View attachment 762479
A midwife (R) speaks to a woman during a house visitation in a rural area of Dand district in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, October 1, 2020. — AFP/File

“Their commanders told us that nobody is allowed to leave home at night,” Nazir Mohammad, 32, told AFP.

“And no person — especially the youths — can wear red and green clothes,” he said, referring to the colours of the Afghan flag.

Their orders didn't stop there.

“Everybody should wear a turban and no man can shave,” said Mohammad.

“Girls attending schools beyond sixth grade were barred from classes.”

The Taliban insist they will protect human rights — particularly those of women — but only according to “Islamic values”, which are interpreted differently across the Muslim world.

For Sajeda on the Tajikistan border, just a few days of Taliban rule was enough — and she fled south to the nearby city of Kunduz.

“We will never be able to work in areas under the Taliban,” she said, “So, we left”.

View attachment 762478
Farzana, who fled her village in Helmand province when it was taken over by the Taliban, waits to see a doctor at a mobile clinic for women and children set up at the residence of a local elder in Yarmuhamad village, near Lashkar Gah in Helmand province, Afghanistan, March 28, 2021. — AFP/File

Header image: Afghan Taliban fighters listen to Mullah Mohammad Rasool Akhund (unseen), the newly appointed leader of a breakaway faction of the Taliban, at Bakwah in the western province of Farah, Afghanistan, November 3, 2015. — AFP/File

Not again these Mullahs doing launday baazi themselves & lecturing everyone on Islamic values. Screw them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom