What's new

No plan to build second aircraft carrier: China

If I assume a river which is suitable for 65,000 to 100,000 tonnage ACC is present, don't you think, new infrastructure being developed will take few years pushing the date of induction behind.

I think if modular approach and assembling the ACC after all modules are constructed can be more practical.

The Yangtze is mighty river that takes on gigantic cruise ships and oversize freighters and there are many bays and inlets on the coast can be used for such infrastructures. China began her strategic military infra building more than half a century ago, I wouldn't be surprised she envisioned someday she might need such shipbuilding facilities that can be hidden from the watchful eyes of the bald eagle and the bear.
You last sentence is a good though.

China's a huge country with many mountains and valleys, roads can be build under the trees of forests, runways and shipbuilding yards can located under canopies of mountains. Satellites can only viewed directly from above, so good luck trying to find them with fine combs and 20/20 eyesight.

You can construct almost anything and hide both it's construction and what it is EXCEPT for a huge aircraft carrier. You cannot hide the fact that it's a HUGE aircraft carrier being built. They can ONLY be constructed in a huge shipyard. You can't roll them over land. A huge deep pit is dug next to the water and then you start building the ship up from the bottom of the pit much like constructing a building. When it's nearly finished water is allowed into the pit to float it. There is NO other way to move one.
You construct a building over the aircraft carrier to hide it's construction from prying eyes. If you can see it being built you will see it's weaknesses. It's absurd to think any country can hide the fact they are constructing something that huge.

You can construct almost anything and hide both it's construction and what it is EXCEPT for a huge aircraft carrier. You cannot hide the fact that it's a HUGE aircraft carrier being built. They can ONLY be constructed in a huge shipyard. You can't roll them over land. A huge deep pit is dug next to the water and then you start building the ship up from the bottom of the pit much like constructing a building. When it's nearly finished water is allowed into the pit to float it. There is NO other way to move one.
You construct a building over the aircraft carrier to hide it's construction from prying eyes. If you can see it being built you will see it's weaknesses. It's absurd to think any country can hide the fact they are constructing something that huge.

As I said on the next post some hollow spaces by some steep cliffs can build a whole town inside them so building a shipyard there is not a problem and of course I assume they are by some water.

But anyway these are only for debate conveniences and if China wants to hide something, even the size of a carrier, I'm sure she can do that without too much difficulties. If the internet grapevine is correct I wouldn't surprise the US knows about the two carriers she might've been on the process of building them.

Everything I say in this post is purely speculation.

It's reasonable to assume that PLAN will be obtaining know-how and experience with the Liaoning for a while and will take its time with plans for a second ACC, they're not likely going to rush such a project. That's not to say that PLAN isn't already acquiring equipment for a new ACC; it just means that full-scale construction of a second ACC probably has not started...yet.

We've got money and tech, but short of time.

Everything I say in this post is purely speculation.

It's reasonable to assume that PLAN will be obtaining know-how and experience with the Liaoning for a while and will take its time with plans for a second ACC, they're not likely going to rush such a project. That's not to say that PLAN isn't already acquiring equipment for a new ACC; it just means that full-scale construction of a second ACC probably has not started...yet.
Nope! We've got experience and know-how for building a 60000ton PLUS carriers, but lacking operational experience. India is just the other way around.

中国有句古话叫:声东击西!还有一句古话叫:明修栈道,暗度陈仓!

We've got money and tech, but short of time.

Nope! We've got experience and know-how for building a 60000ton PLUS carriers, but lacking operational experience. India is just the other way around.

My post wasn't very clear, but yeah I meant operational experience, since PLAN needs time to integrate and streamline the handling of logistics :D

Thing is what is called “start to build” and “on full scale” “without being detected”?

Almost is certain that China has been preparing the sub systems all over the places for the new carriers for some time now. Can Satellites “see” them? :lol:

Modern shipbuilding is all about modular, working in separate phases and/or locations with smaller parts before jointing them together in a giant shipyard. Once it’s jointed as a big ship, like any sat can testify, the rest of the process can be relatively very short, a year or even less perhaps, as long as all sub systems are ready for installations.

If China says it has no intention to build, or hasn’t started to build, a second AC etc, it may well means it hasn’t reached the point where different parts are required to joint together yet – China’s diplomatic definition of what’s “start to build” or “on full scale”.

Either way, waiting for several years to build one until having learned enough from lessons of “Liaoning” is not a good reason IMO, since it was an old Soviet design which can be improved greatly nowadays by China to the general design level of Kitty Hawk for example even without any new lesson learned from “Liaoning”. “Liangning” main purpose is to train naval aviators, ground crew and CBG, not for improving design which can be done, in its most cost-efficient way, by deploying a spy or two.

Furthermore, if I were in charge, I would probably construct two 15,000 ton “simple AC” (one with the same deck the other with probably catapult, all with very basic equipments necessary) right now, to train take-off and landing only. In this way apart from tripling the numbers of naval pilots/ground crew and their experiences on take-off and landing, if there’s any accident, god forbid, it would only happen on these decks instead of “Liaoning”. It therefore could greatly enhance the speed and quality of the real learning process of the training ship.

Whats the point of hiding an aircraft carrier when it has ambitions to build one in the future? We don't hide our new Ford carriers.

Whats the point of hiding an aircraft carrier when it has ambitions to build one in the future? We don't hide our new Ford carriers.

Chinese Defence Spokesman, Yang Yujun dismissed foreign media reports saying that China is building a second aircraft carrier in Shanghai which it plans to launch late this year. "Such reports are inaccurate," Yang was quoted as saying in a statement.

Merely dispelling the inaccuracies of failed media report. What Yang said was very true. China never intended for another carrier to be launched later this year.

I think it was too much for the Chinese. Just refurbishing one old carrier has really taken the crap outta them!
sleep-043.gif
:haha:

Thanks for the concern and BTW how's your Vikramaditya coming along? No problems, I hope.

The Russians are expecting to deliver it back in 2013. But when it comes down to the Russians you just never know what kind of problems might pop up again. India will be presented with an unpleasant bill from mother Russia.

Surely everyone can believe that China does not have a second aircraft carrier today. But it is hard to imagine that this carrier remains singular.

We are far from being native.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom