What's new

No more load shedding from tomorrow - Minister assures.

For the past week, there has hardly been any load shedding here in Lahore. Lights are out for a maximum of 2 or 3 hours, but all this is just topi drama to gain support from the voters as elections are nearing. What the Honourable Minister failed to mention is that this end to load shedding is a temporary solution till the elections and not a structural solution.

I was in Lahore was 4 days, near Thokar Niaz Beg, EME society, and DHA phase II, loadshedding was there after about every 3 or so hours for one hour. Which part of lahore are you talking about?

And what is the situation today folks?

OMG its a girl !! :D

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

In fact he means putar kal tou Electricity muk rahi hai... (so no electricity no loadshedding)

and i always thought she was a guy. o_o

and these is really no load shedding today i called my aunt to ask her that lol, she said no load shedding today.

Now the electricity will be back to normal since the election days are near?. WTH... where did this power generation comes from now? and as usual the innocent countrymen will fall for this gimmicky and would vote once again for these baboons.

astonish let me astonish you they just turned on the on switch which was off and it started producing electricity:p:P:p:P:P
oh and it happened in sheikhupura and lahore in chuburji area and the schedule was the same no changes not even a five minute decrease

hi guys i find this on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes 4-5 years to build power plant and then synchronize them with the grid.

Apart from this, it needs huge infrastructures, sub stations etc. with latest technologies (as one can't invest in old tech when he/she is spending money on building one).

Then there is a issue of rising demand.

It can be safely said that it will take minimum of 8-10 years for pakistan to become self reliant in power with 24 hrs power supply.

It takes 4-5 years to build power plant and then synchronize them with the grid.

Apart from this, it needs huge infrastructures, sub stations etc. with latest technologies (as one can't invest in old tech when he/she is spending money on building one).

Then there is a issue of rising demand.

It can be safely said that it will take minimum of 8-10 years for pakistan to become self reliant in power with 24 hrs power supply.

The problem was never of generation capacity, the thing was that we have no money, and hence no oil and gas, which means no raw material to create electricity in thermal stations. Electricity is made from oil after all you know.

The problem was never of generation capacity, the thing was that we have no money, and hence no oil and gas, which means no raw material to create electricity in thermal stations. Electricity is made from oil after all you know.

The money is in the bank accounts outside Pakistan.

I was in Lahore was 4 days, near Thokar Niaz Beg, EME society, and DHA phase II, loadshedding was there after about every 3 or so hours for one hour. Which part of lahore are you talking about?

And what is the situation today folks?

I reside in Model Town and there was no load shedding today. This is just a temporary solution the government is offering and not a structural one. They just want to get re elected by bribing the people, little do they know the Pakistani people are not a bunch of fools. Everyone knows here that this is just a topi drama and a scheme plotted by Zardari to win the election.

Politicians are notorious for making bombastic claims. Unless Mr Naveed Qamar has found a magic wand, there is no way it can disappear. Rains and weather may help reducing the demand (no air-conditioning) and reduce the supply demand gap temporarily. But load shedding to disappear completely?

NO WAY

It is just a figure of speech to impress the oppposition.

has it stopped...or tomorrow never comes..?

i've known politicians spekaing that there will be no power cut in one or two months time and forgetting what they said in two weeks...but this guy has taken it a bit too far..tomorrow..? seriously ? :D

:blah::lol: WE heard this in 2008 too!!!!!! and then in 2009! and then in 2010! then again in 2011 and now in 2012! besides in winter people use less electricity anyways (no acs less fans) so ofcourse usage is low hence low load shedding!
stop complaining and do something about it :chilli:

Notorious Eagle and Niaz.

Privatizing the power plants is the issue. If they hadn't sold off the plants, mainly to those elite families who have monopolized the businesses for themselves, the issue wouldn't be this bad. The government has got large dues to be paid, and once they are given, the plants again work efficiently, at 100% output. It apparently seems like they have paid off some part of the due finance, for the sake of bribing the idiot public, who would again vote for them - Like it happens year after year.

If the government wants, they can pay off the debts, control the theft of electricity with a bit of heavy investment in proper and 'theft-proof' lines. Many houses use two lines, one connected to the meter and the other directly from lines, which is used to run the Air Conditioners, motors and other heavy appliances, you get the picture.

Everything is with public. Vote for someone trustworthy and ability, who would take the seat and repair the loopholes in the system. Voting for someone who provides smooth electricity for a couple of months is what the majority does. They then deserve what they vote for.

Back
Top Bottom