What's new

No, Iran Didn’t Just Ban Women From Universities.

The reason there are no beheadings and secterianism in Iran isn't because of the form of govt, it's because of the mindset of Iranians. For one, we've lost our tribal/secterian way of like COMPLETELY (there are no clans, tribes etc...) and we're also very mellow and easy going people (and this attitude washes off on our religous nut jobs so they're comparatively less nut than their counterparts in surrounding countries). The opposite is true about arabs, Afghans...

This is Iran .....

Just making a point .... mods may delete once its made.

This is Iran .....

Just making a point .... mods may delete once its made.
what point is that exactly? That there is capital punishment and shria law in Iran? Those are based on rule of law.

You commit a certain type of crime, you get hanged or flogged. Remember, rule of law.
It's based on Islamic law and we all hate it, but it's still the law of the land and everything is codified.

Lonelyone was talking about abdul the angry local from xyzabad running around and beheading ahmed because he insulted his sister or because he was shia and abdul decided that he wants to go Jihad up his behind. Think about it, women still have it better in Iran and Saudi Arabia than in India. A strictly enforced series of laws, be it religous law or secular, is still better than a free for all and a culture that still follows tribal and ancient practices.

P.S. Almost every person that is hanged in Iran is either a murderer or drug trafficker. Good riddance. I wish they would hang even more drug traffickers. Each trafficker indirectly kills thousands upon thousands and destroys countless families. 10 times worse than even a serial rapist/killer.

P.P.S I am aware of the occasional gays that get hanged or flogged. Blame that one on Islam, not Iran. The mullahs are just following instructions ;)

vsdoc, those people have done something to deserve that or what? It's the law, anyone commits a crime must get punished, can you name any country without laws? I mean i can show you other countries that have worse then that.

vsdoc Your post just doesnt make sense.

Page, how you doing?

what point is that exactly? That there is capital punishment and shria law in Iran? Those are based on rule of law.

You commit a certain type of crime, you get hanged or flogged. Remember, rule of law.
It's based on Islamic law and we all hate it, but it's still the law of the land and everything is codified.

Lonelyone was talking about abdul the angry local from xyzabad running around and beheading ahmed because he insulted his sister or because he was shia and abdul decided that he wants to go Jihad up his behind. Think about it, women still have it better in Iran and Saudi Arabia than in India. A strictly enforced series of laws, be it religous law or secular, is still better than a free for all and a culture that still follows tribal and ancient practices.

P.S. Almost every person that is hanged in Iran is either a murderer or drug trafficker. Good riddance. I wish they would hang even more drug traffickers. Each trafficker indirectly kills thousands upon thousands and destroys countless families. 10 times worse than even a serial rapist/killer.

P.P.S I am aware of the occasional gays that get hanged or flogged. Blame that one on Islam, not Iran. The mullahs are just following instructions ;)

I was simply pointing out to you that Iran and Iranians today are a far cry from the happy go lucky forward looking liberal chilled out people you make them out to be.

Your women have it better than Indian women? And you saying that living in Canada gives it additional credence? Please give me a break. Little wonder that most of your babes who come here to study do not want to return. Your boys too, but you mentioned women so .....

None of the above happen to Indian women.

You are a mullafied theocracy, whether you like it or not.

The only ones who can afford to be open and vocal about it are either on the Internet or living as exiles abroad.

vsdoc, those people have done something to deserve that or what? It's the law, anyone commits a crime must get punished, can you name any country without laws? I mean i can show you other countries that have worse then that.

vsdoc Your post just doesnt make sense.

Islamic Saharia laws are archaic and their reprisals barbaric and medieval.

Move on with the times please.

This is not 700 AD.

Yeah, Iran should remove all laws and become a lawless jungle, to please some Indian loser?

None of the above happen to Indian women.

Much worse happen to the millions of Indian women beaten and burnt to a crispt by their husbands and in laws for dowry. Where they are poured with gasoline and set on fire because they didn't bring home a motorcycle for hubby. Don't try to joke with us about the status of Indian women.

Just F*K off, Indian loser.

Islamic sharia law may seem very harsh, but if properly implemented and not let few black sheeps use it for their personal revenge it is a very effective and simple system. its is this system that brought civilization in to the medieval Arabs who were so uncultured and obnoxious that they used to bury their own newborn babies, but now look at the history books and read about the change it bought in to the lives of Arabs and many other countries. but nothing is foolproof even sharia law is misused and some times an innocent gets punished and guilty walks away, but this is true for any other judiciary system, and Indian judiciary system is amongst the slowest in the world also how many innocents are convicted in USA and Europe does any judiciary system guarantee 100%? how is killing on electric chair lesser ruthless than hanging in public? hanging a criminal in public for some thing bad that he has done is like reminding people any one who harms peaceful citizens is gonna go through the same. plus its a country's own choice and internal matter how it wants its social engine to run as long as it doesn't effect any other country

i agree condition of women in india isn't better then say iran or pakistan, i have read about islamic laws and have come to the point that islam protects women rights more than any other religion. like in indian there was a practice called SATI SYSTEM in which if a husband dies wife has to be burnt alive with him on his pier. Bad condition of women in pakistan and iran is not due to any religious system being followed but due to male dominant societies and illiteracy.

well , you have no right talking about others ....

He indeed forget to mention a small group of religious zealots who still support this policy. He just meant that a great majority of Iranians is tired of all this Islamic nonsense. People want to be free, rather than living in a country that's led by medieval-thinking mullahs. And eventually they will disappear and we will remember this period of the most tragic one in Iran's whole history. We will destroy the mausoleum of Khomeini and all the other memorials that will remember us to this black page.

He indeed forget to mention a small group of religious zealots who still support this policy. He just meant that a great majority of Iranians is tired of all this Islamic nonsense. People want to be free, rather than living in a country that's led by medieval-thinking mullahs. And eventually they will disappear and we will remember this period of the most tragic one in Iran's whole history. We will destroy the mausoleum of Khomeini and all the other memorials that will remember us to this black page.

Sounds like what the German did with the Nazis. I also think Iran will regain it's old flag eventually.

There is no fixed thing as "Sunni Islam" and "Shia Islam" - both forms have continuously evolved, and are still evolving. Iran is a country where Shia and Sunni, Zoroastrians and Sikhs and Christians all live as patriotic citizens, without any bombing in mosques or beheading civilians after kidnapping them from a bus, like in Pakistan.

Iran is "Islamic Republic of Iran" not "Shia Republic of Iran" and all of its leaders have said they do not differentiate between "shia" and "sunni", and are in favour of Unity. So their form cannot be limited under such labels of shia or sunni.

But the current form of Islam practiced in Iran is the best model for any Muslim country.

sorry we dont want it.

Yeah, Iran should remove all laws and become a lawless jungle, to please some Indian loser?

Much worse happen to the millions of Indian women beaten and burnt to a crispt by their husbands and in laws for dowry. Where they are poured with gasoline and set on fire because they didn't bring home a motorcycle for hubby. Don't try to joke with us about the status of Indian women.

Man is there anyway to block en masse people of one flag?

Except Zabaniya I cannot think of another Bangladeshi I would like to debate with.

So, the hostility of the outside world is a blessing for Iran, that is correct.

None of what happens in India is supported by law , Hence punishable by jailing . but keeping up with science and current social acceptance , homosexuality and inter religion marrriages are accepted in India

Here VSDOC was making a point . that sharia laws aretoo archaic....the pics he put up shows how the violence is supported by the law

So, the hostility of the outside world is a blessing for Iran, that is correct.

that is pushing them to more self reliant................the only muslim country that claim to be so

That's no doubt why so many Turkish women get honour-killed by their husbands in Turkey.

Punishable by law, not supported by law and turkey is more democratic than Iran in every sense

Back
Top Bottom