What's new

No F-35 for India

F35 would be too costly plus we are working with Russia on Indianised version of PAKFA and also there are news of AMCA being worked on by DRDO (initial stages).

How many 5th gen fighters you want in your inventory? It would be stupid for India to consider this aircraft unless we are getting it cheaper than PAKFA :) I don't know if there is any naval version of PAKFA but those can be worked on in future if the actual aircraft is ready

F-35 = Indian orgasm of death!
If you could understand english well other than posting one liners, you'd see that almost all responses here are comfortable about not having the strings-attached F-35 in our Navy and intend to prefer some more waiting time and getting navalized versions of FGFA/PAKFA or even AMCA in future.

But of course, it has been discussed to death by Pakistanis as a replacement for F-16s more thana dozen times in your air force section (wonder how'd that be possible).

Check out some past threads in your section and you'll see what I am saying.

F35 would be too costly plus we are working with Russia on Indianised version of PAKFA and also there are news of AMCA being worked on by DRDO (initial stages).

How many 5th gen fighters you want in your inventory? It would be stupid for India to consider this aircraft unless we are getting it cheaper than PAKFA :) I don't know if there is any naval version of PAKFA but those can be worked on in future if the actual aircraft is ready
Mate, check out RIA Novosti. There's a report in which RN's chief mentioned a definite plan to have 5th gen jets onboard RN's air arm around 2020.

man is there any fighter remains? look at MRCA threads all over the forum now its 27563954970495 thread on indian f-35 hehehehehee. please yaar leave some thing for us

Take it yaar... We don't need this 4.75 gen fighter.

So India is not going for F-35, than why IN issued RFI for it??? Also as per the news Lockheed Martin already made a presentation on the aircraft.

In time we'll develop a naval version of the FGFA in keeping with our commissioning of our ACs , and in case we don't ,the Ministry might reconsider.

benny i love u man great news no more restrictions good news N-LCA and
mig 29k rocks:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

man is there any fighter remains? look at MRCA threads all over the forum now its 27563954970495 thread on indian f-35 hehehehehee. please yaar leave some thing for us

imran bhai F-35 IS ALL YOURS :smokin:

India would go for F-35 if we did not have PAK-FA and AMCA in the lines. PAK-FA/FGFA will be India's primary air dominance aircraft and AMCA will be stealthy strike aircraft, like what F-35 is to F-22. A third stealth AC in IAF inventory will be a logistical nightmare.

India would go for F-35 if we did not have PAK-FA and AMCA in the lines. PAK-FA/FGFA will be India's primary air dominance aircraft and AMCA will be stealthy strike aircraft, like what F-35 is to F-22. A third stealth AC in IAF inventory will be a logistical nightmare.
Knowing this, I am surprised why did the Navy even ask for a presentation from Lockheed Martin. Perhaps they were apprehensive until 3 years back that GOI might not join PAKFA or something and hence out of worry, they asked for a presentation.

Besides in my personal opinion, I feel that it is best to have twin-engined fighters when flying sorties over water. While Naval Tejas is more or less a sort of encouragement for HAL to test and develop naval modification capabilities of domestic fighters in future, I think IN is interested in keeping a jet that even if blows one engine, has another engine to keep the valuable pilot alive enough to bring the jet down on the deck of carrier.

Knowing this, I am surprised why did the Navy even ask for a presentation from Lockheed Martin. Perhaps they were apprehensive until 3 years back that GOI might not join PAKFA or something and hence out of worry, they asked for a presentation.

Besides in my personal opinion, I feel that it is best to have twin-engined fighters when flying sorties over water. While Naval Tejas is more or less a sort of encouragement for HAL to test and develop naval modification capabilities of domestic fighters in future, I think IN is interested in keeping a jet that even if blows one engine, has another engine to keep the valuable pilot alive enough to bring the jet down on the deck of carrier.

IAF will not go for F-35, but IN was considering it as an option because of Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL), just like the Sea Harriers that IN will retire starting 2014. I guess it was just a formal presentation to learn about the technology, since so many powerful nations are buying them.

DRDO to roll out own fifth-generation fighter
Vijay Mohan/TNS

Chandigarh, October 23
While the indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft, Tejas, is expected to receive operational clearance in the next two months and its induction into the IAF is scheduled for next year, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has embarked upon a project to develop its own fifth-generation fighter aircraft.

The proposed DRDO aircraft would be in the medium-weight (20-tonne) category and different from the joint Indo-Russian fifth-generation fighter that is on the cards, which is in the heavier 30-tonne category like the Su-30.

“The seed project for the new aircraft has started and is expected to be complete in about 18 months,” P.S. Subramanyam, Director, Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), and head of the Tejas project, told The Tribune here today. The seed project would define the technical and operational requirements and lay out the broad concepts for developing the aircraft.

“Our proposed fighter would be a twin-engined aircraft in the category of the MiG-29,” Subramanyam said.

On the status of the Tejas project, Subramanyam said the aircraft trials for launching R-73 short-range anti-aircraft missiles and 1000 lbs bombs have been successful. “The 10 prototypes and pre-production variants have undertaken 1,450 sorties, which include about 200 with weapons,” he said.

The IAF has projected a total requirement for about 120 Tejas and 16 two-seater trainer variants for equipping seven squadrons, while the Navy wants 57 aircraft of this type.

The ADA is also looking at integrating the Israeli Python air-to-air missile with the Tejas to meet the IAF requirements, while the Navy wants it to examine the possibility of the Israeli Derby missiles that it already uses on the Sea Harrier. The Tejas’ avionics system, Subramanyam said, was open-ended so that weapon systems could be changed over seamlessly.

Of the 200-odd Tejas to be produced, each of which would cost Rs 200 crore, about 100 would be powered by the American General Electric 414 engine. Subramanyam said that a new project had been taken up for the development of the Kaveri engine in collaboration with French firm SNECMA that would meet the revised weight and flight parameters of the Tejas.

Here is the reason Y we do not need F-35, the experience which we got from LCA+production experience of jets thru ToT (Su-30 + future MMRCA)+ russian support is enough for us to build a plane like F-35.

Even if it take till 2030, no problem... till that time we have PAK FA and only handful of air forces might have Gen5 fighters..

india's hand are already full of mrca pakfa , why any think about f-35 ?

Back
Top Bottom