What's new

Nice attack: Hero stopped killer's rampage by jumping into lorry and wrestling with him

Vergennes

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
The man's murderous rampage could have lasted far longer and taken many more lives without the intervention of a member of the public, sources said

A man slowed the murderous rampage of a man driving a truck through a crowd in Nice by jumping into the cab and seizing his revolver.

The attack, 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, was slowed when a heroic member of the public leapt onto the vehicle and wrestled the driver.

Police sources in Nice confirmed that the murderous two kilometre charge of the lorry might have been even longer if it had not been for the courage of a member of the public.

They said the man had hurled himself into the cab when the 20 tonne truck was held up by an obstruction. He wrestled with the driver, who seized a revolver and fired several shots at the man and at police officers who arrived on the scene. None was hurt. The driver was then shot dead by two officers.

Eyewitness Eric Ciotti told Europe 1 said that as people tried to flee from the truck, someone jumped in and was able to help the police kill the man.

"A person jumped on to the truck to try to stop it," he told the radio station.

"It's at that moment that the police were able to neutralise this terrorist. I won't forget the look of this policewoman who intercepted the killer."

----- > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...uing-by-jumping-into-trucks-cab-a7138466.html

The man's murderous rampage could have lasted far longer and taken many more lives without the intervention of a member of the public, sources said

A man slowed the murderous rampage of a man driving a truck through a crowd in Nice by jumping into the cab and seizing his revolver.

The attack, 31-year-old Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, was slowed when a heroic member of the public leapt onto the vehicle and wrestled the driver.

Police sources in Nice confirmed that the murderous two kilometre charge of the lorry might have been even longer if it had not been for the courage of a member of the public.

They said the man had hurled himself into the cab when the 20 tonne truck was held up by an obstruction. He wrestled with the driver, who seized a revolver and fired several shots at the man and at police officers who arrived on the scene. None was hurt. The driver was then shot dead by two officers.

Eyewitness Eric Ciotti told Europe 1 said that as people tried to flee from the truck, someone jumped in and was able to help the police kill the man.

"It's at that moment that the police were able to neutralise this terrorist. I won't forget the look of this policewoman who intercepted the killer."

----- > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...uing-by-jumping-into-trucks-cab-a7138466.html
Say thanks to your immigration rules.

Blaming immigrants for everything is a naive thing to do.
Its immigrants fault, and it should stop instantly.
They have nothing to do with Europe and should stay in their shithole.
And don't dare to say it on me.

My respect to the brave man. Do you know anything about the gentlemen who tried to do the same by jumping off his motorcycle? He tried to do the same but sadly went under the wheels of the truck. I'm not sure of his fate.

Its immigrants fault, and it should stop instantly.
They have nothing to do with Europe and should stay in their shithole.
And don't dare to say it on me.

Don't try to gain brownie points on someone's loss.

For heavens sake 80+ people has been killed and you wanna polish your politics and religious hatred.

Stop lying.

Jews came from Europe and other parts if ME and displaced native Palestinians.
No, the Palestinians weren't native and never owned this land.

Don't try to gain brownie points on someone's loss.

For heavens sake 80+ people has been killed and you wanna polish your politics and religious hatred.
You think I like that people died?
My point is immigration is the reason of it.

Stupid conspirators,at it again.... what a load of crap.

You'll also tell me that this poor girl was a comedian ?

doll.jpg

By the way,the driver was found dead on the passenger's,the reason you see the bullets not on the driver's side. There are footages and evidence that this terrorist ran over people and we've seen the aftermath...
-
@flamer84 They remind me of stupid conspirators complaining that when the officer was shot during the Charlie Hebdo attack,there was no blood,or the head didn't explode.... And they were posting videos of watermelons to represent human's heads and to back their claims...

My respect to the brave man. Do you know anything about the gentlemen who tried to do the same by jumping off his motorcycle? He tried to do the same but sadly went under the wheels of the truck. I'm not sure of his fate.

As of today,we still don't know the fate of this rider. No informations about his condition were provided.

As an Indian I can see why French people and security forces are yet to get accustomed to the new realities in your country- By saying that I am not justifying that statement by some french politician who said "French people need to learn to live with terrorism" that was absolutely horrible and will be taken as a suicidal surrender to the terrorists- sending absolutely wrong message-

But since you will take some time to get accustomed to the new realities you don't have to loose the precious lives like we did- Send delegations, Police, Para-Military to India observe our cities and how they are manned by Police- I would not claim they are absolutely impenetrable but they are what they are after lots of observations and studies done to deal with the terrorist attack possibility situation- What happened in Nice can never happen on Republic day in India where people gather for parade say in Delhi or any Provincial capital- Police place sand bunkers and heavy blockade and multiple layers of It- Armed with assault rifles- and sometimes even LMG- I know this would sound strange- It appeared strange to us too our busiest metro stations manned with temporary sand bag bunkers with sometimes sand leaking on polished tiles- looks ugly and threatening but now Its normal- All this done without imposing emergency- I have not read your emergency provisions but when we had emergency more than four people could not be seen together in public but that is another topic-

Then come intelligence and using It to counter terrorism effectively- our NIA have got a good track record- Just before Dhaka attacks they took in a dozen or so IS recruits in Hyderabad who were planning something similar in India- And the best part is that they were monitoring these guys for a long time and arrested them at the right moment red handed- We have 20% Muslim population plus refugee Muslims from Bangladesh- We understand the concern If a guy is arrested and comes out clean and tell all about the torture he got in interrogation center sometimes shit happens but It only makes the learning process better- This I am saying because I cam to know that French intelligence knew most attackers and couldn't/didn't do anything to prevent all those terrorist attacks by catching them early-

This is a phase you will have to go through we have gone through this so we know It- But then- when time comes we have to remember days like these and stand united against the sponsors of terrorism without shortsightedness and temporary political goals- Which has actually caused this problem to become as Big- I expect this from French people- The Americans and British will take some time to understand I can only hope they don't have to suffer like the French-

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom