What's new

Next-Gen Chinese AAM for JF-17 Block III

What is the status of SD-10b?

I don't think there will be an SD-10B, unless they just expand the range. I think the Chinese will skip straight to the next generation PL-15 missiles. Why further advance older tech when you can use PL-15 (next generation for China and Pakistan)?

indians already lack behind Pakistan in terms of BVR missile systems. This weapon system will only widen our lead, Inshallah! :)

Pakistan's AIM-120Cs are the best BVR rounds in the region. And our SD-10As match almost everything india puts forward.

Now lets wait till somebody random fanboy from hindustan comes along, and posts specs of Russian BVR missiles with more on paper "range" and feels happy :lol:

It's not just next gen for JF-17s, but rather the upcoming J-31 or Chinese stealth aircraft, which of course as we know, will sooner than later find their way into Pakistan.

If the stated 150km+ range is true, and is mated with AESA radar, then No matter how many MKIs or Rafales are there, it will be a massive win.

If the performance is similar to what is being claimed then we could eventually also see SR and MR SAM batteries for Land and Sea based defense systems based on these missiles. This will be a true game changer for us in South Asia.

This is the story of the day ... because these two missiles will give immense lethality to the already freakishly lethal JFT weapons package ... The best thing for PAF with the JFT is little to no strings ...

While airforces around the world struggle to get the manufacturer to give them their desired weapons for the aircrafts they provided .. we can just import weapons and integrate with a platform with no strings attached ...

SD-10B does exist and is being used as pl-12b by PLA. we got the As though not B YET. As are pretty neat missiles and have been refined over the years, damn close to C5s in performance but with more range and weight due to bigger rocket motor.

What is the status of SD-10b?

The idea was shelved. SD-10 B,C,D are now rolled all into PL-15 BVR

SD-10B does exist and is being used as pl-12b by PLA. we got the As though not B YET. As are pretty neat missiles and have been refined over the years, damn close to C5s in performance but with more range and weight due to bigger rocket motor.

As per the chinese who leaked the news of test of PL-15. SD-10 B was to be a guidance update. But it didnt occured because of PL-15 development

The idea was shelved. SD-10 B,C,D are now rolled all into PL-15 BVR

As per the chinese who leaked the news of test of PL-15. SD-10 B was to be a guidance update. But it didnt occured because of PL-15 development

Pl-15 is still being tested on different platforms. It will be a while when it will replace the pl-12 series, not to mention it is still at preliminary stage for its seeker and guidance modes as only basic modes are integrated as yet.

@Bratva an excellent find

Hi,

When that missile is integrated in pakistan---it will have severe after effects elsewhere. A total game changer when combined with a heavy air superiority fighter aircraft and a heavy strike aircraft.

This is a great news----uhmmhmhmm---I am just going to savor the news for a little while---.

When deployed---it will just turn the tables around----it is kind of a moment when the opponent says WTF just happened----did I just get molested---or what---why why why---.

So---basically---china is reaching the plateau---where it is going to break thru the glass ceiling of technology supremacy and BAM it is there----and people will say---what happened---did we miss something----. Yep----just the little lightening bolt that just went by.

Comrades at Sinodefenceforum to be given full credit for this excellent find @Deino

Jaybird there reported this thing

""
Don't know if it was just exaggeration on his part, but the guy CaoGen aka GrassRoots who posted the original information about PL-10 and Pl-15 test fired sucessfully from J-10C and J-16 the other day says:

"History will mark the date of 9-15-2015 as a new era towards a better future for China(Chinese military). And the PL-15 hits the small target accurately at extreme long range. Two great happy news for today."

""

J-10 B with PL-15

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

J-10 B with PL-10

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

The estimated range of the PL-15 is rumored to be around 200 km. It is expected to be deployed aboard the J-11B, J-15, J-11D, J-16, J-10B, J-20, and FC-31 (assuming it enters service).

These two missiles will transform the capabilities of JF-17s upcoming blocks.

I doubt that ..
without the increasing flight radius , Payload , Hard points , and loiter time i dont think that JF newer blocks will have any visible changes ..

Back
Top Bottom