What's new

News from incredible !ndia

^^^ Mr.BaburCM, Interesting signature you have.:cheers:

T20 team manager suspended for hitting on women cricketers

VIJAYAWADA: The dust has barely settled on Team India's sorry exit from the ICC World Twenty20 in London when a new controversy has raised its
ugly head. The team's manager and Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) secretary V Chamundeswaranath has been suspended for various misdemeanours, including allegedly seeking sexual favours from women cricketers. ( Watch )

The ACA satrap was still in London along with Dhoni's men when, after an emergency executive meeting here on Thursday, ACA president Gokaraju Gangaraju said the decision to suspend Chamundeswaranath was taken in view of the serious charges levelled against him.

"A few women cricketers have approached the association with a complaint that the secretary had been harassing them for sexual favours in return for a place in the team. It has been decided to issue a show-cause notice to Chamundi to prove his innocence and keep him under suspension till the case is finalised,'' said Gangaraju.

The meeting, attended by 25 of its 32 members, also resolved to ask Gangaraju to act as secretary till July 26 when the extraordinary general body meeting will look into the explanation -- if Chamudeswaranath gives one.

Sources at the meeting said an enquiry committee report found irregularities in the purchases made by Chamundeswaranath for the stadium in Visakhapatnam. The report apparently claimed that a chair which he bought for Rs 1,350 does not cost more than Rs 600. Chamundi had bought 24,000 chairs at that price and the executive decided to seek an explanation from him for misuse of ACA funds.

Speaking to TOI from London, Chamundeswaranath wondered how he could have been involved in the affairs of women's cricket when a former India player, Poornima Rau, works with the ACA as a consultant as well as its selector.

"I don't get involved in selection matters, least of all that of women's teams. And then I have a proven record of helping sportswomen. When I can help Saina Nehwal and Sania Mirza who are not cricketers, how can I have such an attitude towards cricketers?" he said.

Chamundeswaranath felt that the timing of the emergency meeting betrays the desperation of some members to engineer such a decision in his absence as they know they can't do it in his presence.

"Even if the report submitted by the enquiry committee has proved my guilt, is it not fair that I was given a hearing before a decision was taken," asked Chamundi, adding that he is confident that he will come clean of all charges.

"I come from a zamindari family and I don't need to make money through illegal means," he said, adding that he does not need much time to turn the tide.

According to Chamundeswaranath, a conflict between players and non-players in the association has led to this situation. "I have involved all former cricketers in the affairs of the ACA and this has caused heartburn among the zonal secretaries who feel that they have little say in cricketing matters."

The charges and rebuttals notwithstanding, trouble has been brewing for some time now and ego clashes between Gangaraju, an industrialist with political clout, and Chamundi only fuelled the fire. Interestingly, the former was installed by the latter two years ago when the long-standing ACA chief N Venkat Rao was ousted from office.

Gangaraju has since been unhappy, with Chamundi running the show his own way and not surprisingly, the axe he wielded on `Mr Quickfix' came quicker than the BMW Chamundi drives.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4673096.cms?TOI_mostread

Last edited:
British girl, 18, teaching in India 'raped by two taxi drivers' | Mail Online

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 2:41 PM on 19th June 2009

A British volunteer teacher in India has allegedly been raped by two taxi drivers.

Police believe the girl, 18, was attacked after she left work at a government school where she was on a ten-week placement.

She had hailed a taxi and was reportedly picked up by the two men near to a shopping district in Palampur, in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.

HIV+ women forced to have sex at hospital

CHANDIGARH: Rocked by accusations coming from a bunch of HIV-positive women that they were forced into having sex with counsellors and
technicians working in Chandigarh's top medical institute, PGI, the police on Thursday began criminal proceedings.

In a shocking development, these women had a few day back gone on record recounting that abominable abuse.
These young female patients are from slums of the city. In return they were offered hasty treatment in an institute where one feels directionless without assistance.

Dwelling in squalid colony of Mauli Jagran, 27-year-old Sharmila was tested HIV positive in 2005. "I went to the VCTC center at PGI where I was helped by James, a technician there. He provided me medicines and other testing facilities without any problem. But this was for all for his sexual gratification," Sharmila told TOI.

Sharmila, a widow, succumbed to the demands. But when she was unable to provide young females to the counsellors and technicians as she was asked to, Sharmila stopped visiting PGI for treatment out of fear.

Shaken by the disclosure made by the patients and taking cognizance of media reports, the police on Thursday initiated an independent inquiry into the matter. Inspector general of police Shanti Kumar Jain instructed the SSP (operation) to record the statements of the victims.

"No genuine complainant has come to the police, but taking serious note of the media reports, I have asked SSP (operation) Dinesh Bhatt to probe the matter," Jain told TOI.

Source: HIV+ women forced to have sex at hospital - India - The Times of India

Jaipur woman alleges rape by ex-colleague

JAIPUR: A woman working for a private telecom company here has alleged that she was dragged by three men inside a car, sedated, and gangraped on
Thursday evening.

Acting on her complaint, police have arrested three people and identified one of them as the woman’s former colleague, Durgesh, 22.

In her statement to the police, the woman said she was waiting for a bus in Tripoliya Bazar in the crowded walled city area of Jaipur to return home when a car stopped in front of her.

Durgesh opened a door of the car and dragged her inside.

Source: Jaipur woman alleges rape by ex-colleague - India - The Times of India

DU Dean 'guilty' of sexual assault

NEW DELHI: The pattern of brushing sexual harassment cases under the carpet in Delhi
University continues.

And students and women lecturers in the university — which was among the first to put in place a comprehensive policy against sexual harassment and follow it up with Ordinance XVD for prohibition and punishment of sexual harassment — are a worried lot.

More than a month after an inquiry committee looking into charges of sexual harassment against Gandhi Bhawan director Bidyut Chakravarty submitted its report to the vice-chancellor, no action has been taken. The committee is known to have found Chakravarty guilty of harassing Gandhi Bhawan OSD Anamika Sharma and recommended that he be debarred from holding administrative posts for three years. It also reportedly recommended that he be asked to step down as Gandhi Bhawan director and be given a letter of warning.

The committee's report, submitted towards the end of June, remains with the university vice-chancellor Deepak Pental despite a very public campaign by top academics — including Asish Nandy, Partha Chatterjee and Veena Mazumdar — for it to be made public.

V-C Pental, however, said: "The university is committed to do its duty - which is tabling the report in the executive council meeting. It cannot be made public before that." Asked when he would call the executive council (EC) meeting, Pental said, "there are many issues in the university. I will definitely not call an EC just for this."

Source: DU Dean 'guilty' of sexual assault - Delhi - Cities - The Times of India

T20 team manager suspended for hitting on women cricketers

VIJAYAWADA: The dust has barely settled on Team India\'s sorry exit from the ICC World Twenty20 in London when a new controversy has raised its
ugly head. The team\'s manager and Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) secretary V Chamundeswaranath has been suspended for various misdemeanours, including allegedly seeking sexual favours from women cricketers. T20 India team manager suspended-Cricket-Sports-Videos-The Times of India

The ACA satrap was still in London along with Dhoni\'s men when, after an emergency executive meeting here on Thursday, ACA president Gokaraju Gangaraju said the decision to suspend Chamundeswaranath was taken in view of the serious charges levelled against him.

\"A few women cricketers have approached the association with a complaint that the secretary had been harassing them for sexual favours in return for a place in the team. It has been decided to issue a show-cause notice to Chamundi to prove his innocence and keep him under suspension till the case is finalised,\'\' said Gangaraju.

The meeting, attended by 25 of its 32 members, also resolved to ask Gangaraju to act as secretary till July 26 when the extraordinary general body meeting will look into the explanation -- if Chamudeswaranath gives one.

Sources at the meeting said an enquiry committee report found irregularities in the purchases made by Chamundeswaranath for the stadium in Visakhapatnam. The report apparently claimed that a chair which he bought for Rs 1,350 does not cost more than Rs 600. Chamundi had bought 24,000 chairs at that price and the executive decided to seek an explanation from him for misuse of ACA funds.

Speaking to TOI from London, Chamundeswaranath wondered how he could have been involved in the affairs of women\'s cricket when a former India player, Poornima Rau, works with the ACA as a consultant as well as its selector.

\"I don\'t get involved in selection matters, least of all that of women\'s teams. And then I have a proven record of helping sportswomen. When I can help Saina Nehwal and Sania Mirza who are not cricketers, how can I have such an attitude towards cricketers?\" he said.

Chamundeswaranath felt that the timing of the emergency meeting betrays the desperation of some members to engineer such a decision in his absence as they know they can\'t do it in his presence.

\"Even if the report submitted by the enquiry committee has proved my guilt, is it not fair that I was given a hearing before a decision was taken,\" asked Chamundi, adding that he is confident that he will come clean of all charges.

\"I come from a zamindari family and I don\'t need to make money through illegal means,\" he said, adding that he does not need much time to turn the tide.

According to Chamundeswaranath, a conflict between players and non-players in the association has led to this situation. \"I have involved all former cricketers in the affairs of the ACA and this has caused heartburn among the zonal secretaries who feel that they have little say in cricketing matters.\"

The charges and rebuttals notwithstanding, trouble has been brewing for some time now and ego clashes between Gangaraju, an industrialist with political clout, and Chamundi only fuelled the fire. Interestingly, the former was installed by the latter two years ago when the long-standing ACA chief N Venkat Rao was ousted from office.

Gangaraju has since been unhappy, with Chamundi running the show his own way and not surprisingly, the axe he wielded on `Mr Quickfix\' came quicker than the BMW Chamundi drives.

Source: T20 team manager suspended for hitting on women cricketers - India - The Times of India

My my...apologies dude...didnt realise you had a fetish for rapes and murders.

Carry on with your twisted mind.

Fast track court to try Shiney rape case: Maharashtra CM

MUMBAI: Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan on Friday announced that the Shiney Ahuja rape case will be tried by a fast track court.

Bollywood star Shiney was arrested on Sunday after his teenaged housemaid complained to police that he had raped her.

Chief minister Chavan said as per preliminary investigations, there is a probability of rape. The victim will be given full help to rehabilitate herself, he added.

Earlier, National Commission for Women (NCW) chairperson Girija Vyas had urged the Maharashtra government to try the case of Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja - accused of raping his teenaged domestic help - in a fast track court.

Speaking to mediapersons Girija Vyas said this was necessary in the interest of quick justice to both parties in the case. "Moreover, in such cases, prolonged trial could result in the victim and witnesses being influenced or pressurised," Vyas pointed out.

She said if quick justice can be rendered through a fast track court, it is good for the victim and also for the accused - if he is proved innocent.

Shiney has been booked under Indian Penal Code (IPC) Sec 376 (rape), Sec 346 (wrongful restraint) and Sec 506 (threat to kill) among others.

Source: Fast track court to try Shiney rape case: Maharashtra CM - India - The Times of India

I was molested by DU professor: US student

NEW DELHI: A student from the US who was at St Stephen’s College as part of an exchange programme has alleged that a teacher in the department
of Sanskrit molested her.

Though the college refused to divulge anything, the officer on special duty, Valson Thampu, said the college has a sexual harassment complaints committee, according to DU Ordinance XVD, to take care of the matter.

The student from a US university has been working on a paper on ancient India in the history department and simultaneously pursuing a course in Sanskrit. She has alleged that the teacher molested her on several occasions by touching her in an inappropriate manner and also trying to kiss her.

Confirming this, a member of the complaints committee said, “The complaint was lodged last week. The subcommittee constituted following the DU Ordinance XVD is investigating the matter and it will come up with a report shortly.’’

Amrita Tulika, chairperson of the sexual harassment committee, refused to divulge anything, but Thampu said, “We can assure you that we will respect the dignity of women and there will be no harassment of women in the college.’’

Source: I was molested by DU professor: US student - India - The Times of India

Great thread..:enjoy:
Continue your good work Mr. CM. I am proud of Times of India for reporting these horrible stories.
Thanks to Times Of India..:cheers:

this looks lik a police register where u write FIRs.
in my honest openion such a thread is not a gud idea.
i hope u wont mind me sayin that.
thanks

this looks lik a police register where u write FIRs.
in my honest openion such a thread is not a gud idea.
i hope u wont mind me sayin that.
thanks

By all means, forward a request to the moderators if you wish this thread to be closed. In my first post I've clearly stated that this thread isn't meant for bashing or flaming. The sole purpose of this thread is to expose the double standards applied in India. There are a plethora of Indian members on this forum that only like to portray the so-called pleasant side of India. Well, I'm portraying the other side of India which isn't so pleasant. It's happening on a millisecond basis in India. I genuinely care about the poor Indians. Injustice is being inflicted. You can shut your eyes and pretend that it isn't happening, but that won't change the reality. There is no malign intent involved in this thread. We need to stand up and understand the plight of the poor. I know that most of the news items posted in this section isn't jolly. However, that's the reality and we cannot afford to turn a blind eye.

I'll continue to post news items related to India. The sole purpose is to expose injustice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom