What's new

News from Bangladesh-Updates and Discussion

Pistol is enough for police who is in patrol duty. Armed police can carry SMG or whatever.

Most of the police just cant chase the criminals only because they have to carry a huge gun with them. Also a gun for 24/7 makes any duty a living hell.

??????????? ???? ???? ????????? ?????? ????????? ??????????

জঙ্গিবাদের জুজু নিয়ে অপপ্রচারে নেমেছে পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রণালয়

‘বিগত বিএনপি সরকারের আমলে রাষ্ট্রীয় মদতে বাংলাদেশে ইসলামী জঙ্গিবাদের উত্থান ঘটে। আল কায়দার সঙ্গে এসব জঙ্গিগোষ্ঠীর সরাসরি সম্পর্ক রয়েছে। জঙ্গিরা প্রকাশ্যে শত শত মানুষকে হত্যা করেছে।’—এমন সব তথ্যসংবলিত একটি গোপন নোট সম্প্রতি পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রীর দফতর থেকে বিদেশে অবস্থিত বাংলাদেশের দূতাবাসগুলোতে পাঠানো হয়েছে। এই নোটের বিষয়বস্তু বিভিন্ন দেশের সরকার, কূটনীতিক এবং বিভিন্ন আন্তর্জাতিক সংস্থার কর্মকর্তাদের কাছে তুলে ধরার জন্য বলা হয়েছে। গত ২০ জুলাই পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রী ডা. দীপু মনির দফতরের পরিচালক আন্দালিব ইলিয়াস বিএনপি-জামায়াতের অপশাসন শিরোনামের এই গোপন নোটটি পাঠিয়েছেন। তিনি তার নোটে বলেছেন, পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রী আমাকে এই নোট পাঠাতে বলেছেন।

I don't know if any other ruling political party of any country involves itself in such shameless ant-state propaganda like this awami fagots. While awami propaganda outlets like daily farting star and prothom baler alo didn't found this piece important for publication. Desh ta re dhonksho korar jonno ute-pore lagse ai nimakharam gula.

^^@ farhaan vai, whats the secret/reason behind the widespread presence of Noakhali people around the country ?

@ My version is little bit different !!! I think the greater Noakhali people are having foreign origin may be from Arab. My reasons are given below:

1. In the 7th to 10th century the Arabian naval fleets were dominating factor in the Indian Ocean. In thoses days the Arabian Ships used to sail from Middle East upto Phillipines and even China. Some ships used to come to Bengal and from Bengal these ships used to go "Kamruk" through Surma river. At that time there was one big seaport some where closer to Sandip and it's name was "Samander". Unfortunately, it is still misterious. No one could still identify this seaport. Now, there is a common believe that many Arabs who came for a "Tezarat" settled in and around Noakhali, Hatia and Sandip.

2. Later on during the British period it was observed that most of the Noakhali people were highly religious minded. Most of their women wears "Borkha" which is hardly visible in other districts less Chittagong, Comilla and Sylhet. Their kids and children hardly went to "Patshala" and Schools. They preferred to go to "Maktab" and "Madrasa". They preferred to read Arabic and Persi. Bengali was only used as "Kothto Basha".

3. If you ask the older local people, they invariable will tell you that their forfather came either from Arab or from Persia and majority belongs to "Syed". If you analysis their local language you would find many many Arabic, Persian and Urdu words which you would not find in other local district languages.

4. If you visit Noakhali, you would surprize that most of mosque resembles the mosque of Mecca and Medina. They are very fond of " Minars " on the top of the mosque which you hardly find in other district. Where there is a mosque so there is a "Moktab" which is common in Noakhali. There are lot of "Madrasas" and "Etem khana" in Noakhali". Majority of the people have the tendency to donate and sponsar the religious institutions.

@ What I believe since these people came from outside so they have the tendency to remain all together and maintain a very cordial relation among the Noakhali people. The spirit of favouratism is very common among the Noakhali people. (reason being they came from outside)The people of Noakhali are very laboureous.

@ I think majority of Noakhali people came from Middle East to preach Islam in Bengal. Most of the aged people are highly learned in religious matters. They think that since their forefather came here to preach Islam so their next generation thought that it is their birth right to spreed the religious feeling among all the corners of Bangladesh. And that is the reason we find all Noakhali religious teachers in all most all the mosque of Bangladesh. This is one group of Noakhali people. Another group is business class. This group went to all most districts of Bangladesh once there were a acute shortage of land due to eroson/ cyclone/flood and other natural disaster in graeter Noakhali.

@ The forefather of Begum Khaleda Zia also came from Arab !!!!!!! and that is why every time she goes for "Umra" as a King's special guest.

@@ Whatever I have written above is my thinking after meeting with the Noakhali people. There are some historial evidances, some are assumptions, some are personal experiences and finally personal reasonable assuption.

Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus addresses the audience at Central Park in New York City on Saturday, September 29, 2012.

244qfxj.jpg

@ My version is little bit different !!! I think the greater Noakhali people are having foreign origin may be from Arab. My reasons are given below:

1. In the 7th to 10th century the Arabian naval fleets were dominating factor in the Indian Ocean. In thoses days the Arabian Ships used to sail from Middle East upto Phillipines and even China. Some ships used to come to Bengal and from Bengal these ships used to go "Kamruk" through Surma river. At that time there was one big seaport some where closer to Sandip and it's name was "Samander". Unfortunately, it is still misterious. No one could still identify this seaport. Now, there is a common believe that many Arabs who came for a "Tezarat" settled in and around Noakhali, Hatia and Sandip.

2. Later on during the British period it was observed that most of the Noakhali people were highly religious minded. Most of their women wears "Borkha" which is hardly visible in other districts less Chittagong, Comilla and Sylhet. Their kids and children hardly went to "Patshala" and Schools. They preferred to go to "Maktab" and "Madrasa". They preferred to read Arabic and Persi. Bengali was only used as "Kothto Basha".

3. If you ask the older local people, they invariable will tell you that their forfather came either from Arab or from Persia and majority belongs to "Syed". If you analysis their local language you would find many many Arabic, Persian and Urdu words which you would not find in other local district languages.

4. If you visit Noakhali, you would surprize that most of mosque resembles the mosque of Mecca and Medina. They are very fond of " Minars " on the top of the mosque which you hardly find in other district. Where there is a mosque so there is a "Moktab" which is common in Noakhali. There are lot of "Madrasas" and "Etem khana" in Noakhali". Majority of the people have the tendency to donate and sponsar the religious institutions.

@ What I believe since these people came from outside so they have the tendency to remain all together and maintain a very cordial relation among the Noakhali people. The spirit of favouratism is very common among the Noakhali people. (reason being they came from outside)The people of Noakhali are very laboureous.

@ I think majority of Noakhali people came from Middle East to preach Islam in Bengal. Most of the aged people are highly learned in religious matters. They think that since their forefather came here to preach Islam so their next generation thought that it is their birth right to spreed the religious feeling among all the corners of Bangladesh. And that is the reason we find all Noakhali religious teachers in all most all the mosque of Bangladesh. This is one group of Noakhali people. Another group is business class. This group went to all most districts of Bangladesh once there were a acute shortage of land due to eroson/ cyclone/flood and other natural disaster in graeter Noakhali.

@ The forefather of Begum Khaleda Zia also came from Arab !!!!!!! and that is why every time she goes for "Umra" as a King's special guest.

@@ Whatever I have written above is my thinking after meeting with the Noakhali people. There are some historial evidances, some are assumptions, some are personal experiences and finally personal reasonable assuption.

But no one like the Noakhali people.... in Bengali I should say they are giringi baaj... internal politics and speaking ill about others is very high among them. Can you explain the reason why???

But no one like the Noakhali people.... in Bengali I should say they are giringi baaj... internal politics and speaking ill about others is very high among them. Can you explain the reason why???

arab ra ascilo thik e but total noakhali population ar kache ta minority matro. majority rai toh genuine bengali

Just saw on facebook, US ambassador to BD Mr.Dan Mozena arranged a live chat for discussing BD's future economic and social progress.He seems to be very passionate about Bangladesh and its people,such a great man.

I am just quoting some of his comments from that live discussion session which took place on facebook ,

Dan Mozena : @ashaduzzaman ataullah; Anis Rahman: "I am pleased that World Bank financing for the Padma Bridge seems to be back on track. America and Bangladesh's other partners UK, Japan and India worked hard to help bring that loan possibility back on the table after the Bank rejected it in June. The Padma Bridge is critical to realizing the Royal Bengal Tiger as it would make possible greatly expanded intra-regional trade ... the New Silk Road that Secretary Clinton talked about when she was here in May. God again blessed Bangladesh by giving the nation a critical geo-economic location: the very nexus of trade between South and Central Asia and China and Southeast Asia ... what a blessing!"

Dan Mozena :mad: Titas Ahmed, Moses Halder, Shah Uddin Sumon, "I think Bangladesh could be/should be the next Asian Tiger, the Royal Bengal Tiger. The key to realizing this vision is greatly expanded investment in the readymade garment sector and the household textile sector, making Bangladesh the world's largest exporter of each, replacing China."

Dan Mozena : @ Ahmed Sagir, "I think Bangladesh's current power and energy shortages could be resolved by smart decisions and investment. For example, Bangladesh has enormous reserves of highest quality, low sulphur coal. This coal should be developed and used to generate the power needed to enable Bangladesh to become an Asian Tiger. Also, more pipelines need to be built to move increasing supplies of natural gas. Also, exploration of Bangladesh's off-shore areas needs to be expedited. I'm pleased that yesterday GE, the world's third largest company, signed two deals to build two new, gas-fired, high efficiency power plants that will generate more than 650 MW of power."

Dan Mozena : @Salauddin Bappy, "The Royal Bengal Tiger of my vision would create literally millions and millions of new jobs in the RMG sector and in the silk and jute sectors. In silk, for example, Bangladesh currently produces 50 tons a year and utilizes 300 tons. The world silk industry is shifting from the Far East and China to India. I think it should come to Bangladesh, which could produce 1000 tons a year, which would create additional millions of new jobs in this highly labor intensive industry."

Dan Mozena : @ Azhar Hussain Chowdhury, "There are many obstacles to Bangladesh's becoming the next Asian Tiger: inadequate ports, railroads, roads; deficient supplies of energy and power, inadequate rule of law, uncertain political stability and, the one you identified, corruption/transparency. I believe corruption undermines the nation's growth and that Bangladesh cannot become an Asian Tiger unless corruption is reined in. As always, Bangladesh is much blessed by God, as everyone of these obstacles is surmountable, including corruption, with adequate political goodwill."

Dan Mozena : @ Kazi Nasrin Siddiqa, "I think civil society has a huge role to play in Bangladesh's becoming an Asian Tiger. The media, for example, can lead the battle against corruption by shining bright lights into dark corners to expose corruption and bring culprits to book. I'm pleased that our programshere at the Embassy help train journalists, including dozens of women journalists, on how to do effective investigative reporting. (I recall fondly visiting your school recently.)"

Dan Mozena : @ Tapan Ghosh, "The key to developing all these infrastructural needs is to create an investment climate that attracts domestic and foreign investors. In my speech yesterday at the signing ceremony for the two GE power deals, I said companies will come to Bangladesh when it makes sense to come. GE has obviously decided that it makes sense to come ... I hope other American companies follow GE's example. (Note: you can find the text of my speech on the Embassy's website.)"

Dan Mozena : @ Ahmad Hossain; Shoaib Mukit, "Bangladeshi young people are already showing the way by creating their own NGOs to build a better Bangladesh and by bringing new management concepts to business. Indeed, the future is already arriving, thanks to the energy and dynamism of Bangladesh's incredible young people."

Dan Mozena : @ Prapti Priyodorshini, "The magic of Bangladesh is rooted in its deep culture of tolerance, moderation and acceptance of differences. The sad events of Ramu recently made clear that some elements of Bangladeshi society want to destroy this culture of tolerance and replace it with one of hate and intolerance. The people of Bangladesh need to stand up to this threat and make clear that they will not accept such intolerance."

Dan Mozena : @ Tarek Mollah, "As Bangladesh's continuing impressive growth over the past two decades demonstrates, the private sector is the engine of Bangladesh's growth over the past 20 years, and the key to Bangladesh's becoming the next Asian Tiger."

Dan Mozena : @ Bazlur Rahman, "When I presented my credentials to HE President Zillur Rahman last November, I said that I was the American Ambassador to Bangladesh, not just Dhaka, and I committed myself to visiting all 64 districts, which I am now doing. The more I travel in this wondrous country, the more opportunity for growth I see. For example, when I visited Mymensingh/Tangail, I saw huge opportunities for fish production, sustainable timber production, pineapple and jackfruit processing, silk production, vegetable production and the list goes on. Everywhere I go in Bangladesh, I see good people working hard. With investment and new ideas, these people could produce even more, enough more to create the Royal Bengal Tiger. With such wonderful people, Bangladesh gives me the greatest hope for the nation's future."

it supports akmal's claim--------

Ammar sweetheart is from Noakhali.

The girls are pretty but the boys are shitty.

All kath-mollas are from this district.
They are very religious and good host.
You will find Noakhali people anywhere in the world, even in the moon.
Noakhali people are very social …that’s why you will see so many Naokhali associations in NY city.
Like sylheti people, they are the early adopters of western culture: don't be surprised when you visit Noakhali remote village and hear English’s word like handkerchief, leisure time, honey, funny, etc.
They use coconut oil a lot. Thats you you may find their hair greesy and shinny
They are accused of favoring each ouer. If they can get a job in an organization, with infew years you will see Noakhali people dominating that organization.
Most of them are Khaleda Zia fan.

Rest oif district make fun of these people, but basically they are bhodro lok.

যুদ্ধজাহাজ তৈরি হল দেশে !
----------------------

???? ???? ??? ?????????? - ????? ???

শত্রুবিমান ও জাহাজবিধ্বংসী কামানসংবলিত যুদ্ধজাহাজ তৈরি হয়েছে খুলনার শিপইয়ার্ডে। খুলনা শিপইয়ার্ড লিমিটেডের সঙ্গে পাঁচটি যুদ্ধজাহাজ (কোস্টাল টহল জাহাজ) নির্মাণের চুক্তি করে বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী। এরই অংশ হিসেবে একটি জাহাজের নির্মাণকাজ শেষ হয়েছে। অন্যগুলোর নির্মাণকাজ চলছে। এটি আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে ৮ অক্টোবর নৌবাহিনীর কাছে হস্তান্তর করা হবে। হস্তান্তর অনুষ্ঠানে উপস্থিত থাকবেন পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্র ী দীপু মনি।শিপইয়ার্ড লিমিটেডের উপমহাব্যবস্থাপক (অর্থ) ক্যাপ্টেন মতিউর রহমান প্রথম আলো ডটকমকে বলেন, ২৮৮ কোটি টাকায় পাঁচটি কোস্টাল টহল জাহাজ নির্মাণ করছে খুলনা শিপইয়ার্ড। দেশের ইতিহাসে এটি প্রথম। প্রতিটি জাহাজ নির্মাণে ব্যয় হবে প্রায় ৫৮ কোটি টাকা। চীন ওবাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর বিশেষজ্ঞদের সহযোগিতায় দেশে এই প্রথম নির্মিত হচ্ছে যুদ্ধজাহাজ। এইমানের একটি জাহাজ বিদেশ থেকে আমদানি করতে ১০০ কোটি টাকার মতো ব্যয় হতো। নির্মিত জাহাজটি ৫০ দশমিক ৪ মিটার দীর্ঘ, ৭ দশমিক ৫ মিটার চওড়া এবং ৪ দশমিক ১ মিটার গভীরতাবিশিষ্ট। ওজন ২৫৫ টন। ঘণ্টায় এর গতিবেগ ২৩ নটিকেল মাইল। ক্যাপ্টেন মতিউর রহমান আরও জানান, এই জাহাজে ৩৭ মিলিমিটারের দুটি কামান ও ২৫ মিলিমিটারের দুটি বিমানবিধ্বংসী কামান (অ্যান্টি- এয়ারক্রাফট গান) রয়েছে। ৮ অক্টোবর আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে জাহাজটি হস্তান্তর করা হবে নৌবাহিনীর কাছে। এ অনুষ্ঠানে উপস্থিত থাকবেন পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্র ী দীপু মনি।

- MHJ ...

?????????? ???? ???? ?????? ??????? ????? ?????? ??????

সাতকানিয়ায় গভীর রাতে হিন্দু মন্দিরে হামলা মূর্তি ভাংচুর

স্বরাষ্ট্রমন্ত্রী ড. মহীউদ্দীন খান সাতকানিয়ায় অবস্থানকালে হিন্দু মন্দিরে অজ্ঞাত দুষ্কৃতকারীরা হামলা চালিয়ে মূর্তি ভাঙচুরের ঘটনায় প্রশাসন ছাড়াও স্থানীয় বাসিন্দাদের ভাবিয়ে তুলেছে।
এমন হামলা করতে পারে এমন প্রশ্ন করা হলে তা এড়িয়ে যান এলাকার সবাই।

Manifestation of awami-indian schemes going on at full throttle, hope some naive lots won't find their way in blaming destitute rohingya's for all these.

US planetarium named after Bangladeshi

A Bangladeshi expatriate has had the honour of having a planetarium in the US named after her.

A planetarium of Elizabeth City State University (ECSU) in North Carolina has been named after Dr Sultana Khan, who is a faculty member of the university and director of the planetarium.

Khan, a professor in ECSU's Chemistry, Geology and Physics Department, has a 33-year innings at the university. She took on the additional role of the planetarium's director in 1990.

In 2006, Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina named her one of the 16 recipients of the Award for Excellency in Teaching.

Under Khan's direction, the planetarium opened on January 23, 1990.

Once a 30-foot dome structure with a uni-directional classroom seating 54 and a SPITZ 512 star projector, the planetarium is now equipped with 60 uniquely designed planetarium chairs, more than 40 automated mechanical projectors and a collection of advanced audio-visual equipments, three full-motion video screens from DVD, laser disc or VHS and a professional theatre-quality sound system.

Khan said even after her retirement she will remain involved with the planetarium.

Well done Dr Sultana Khan :). We are proud of you

Govt involved in hate attacks: BNP probe
Govt involved in hate attacks: BNP probe | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

দেশে জঙ্গি আছে তা বহির্বিশ্বে প্রমাণ করার জন্যেই সরকার পরিকল্পিতভাবে রামুর ঘটনা ঘটিয়েছে
???? ????? ??? ?? ??????????? ?????? ???? ?????? ????? ????????????? ????? ???? ??????? | The Daily Sangram

জঙ্গি প্রমাণ করতেই রামুর ঘটনা
??????? ????? ?????? ??????? ?????? : ????? ?????? ????? ????? ????

২৯ সেপ্টেম্বর রাত ৯টা থেকে সাড়ে নয়টার মধ্যে শ’খানেক লোক মিছিল করে। এরপর ভোররাত ৫টা পর্যন্ত অগ্নিসংযোগ ও ভাংচুর লুটপাট হয়। পরদিন পটিয়ায়ও একই ধরনের ঘটনা ঘটে। প্রায় ২৪ ঘণ্টা সেখানে আইনশৃঙ্খলা বাহিনীর উপস্থিতি ছিল না। সরকারের উপস্থিতির ব্যাখ্যা দিয়ে তিনি বলেন, রামুর কেন্দ্রীয় সীমাবিহার থেকে থানার দূরত্ব ছিল মাত্র আধা কিলোমিটার। জেলা পুলিশ সদরের দূরত্ব ১৮ কিলোমিটার আর সেনা ক্যাম্পের দূরত্ব ছিল ৪ কিলোমিটার। তারা কেউই পরিস্থিতি শান্ত বা নিয়ন্ত্রণে রাখার জন্য ভূমিকা নেয়নি। নিলে এই বর্বর নারকীয় পরিস্থিতির সৃষ্টি হতো না। তাদের এই ব্যর্থতার কারণেই এ ঘটনা আজ জাতীয় ট্র্যাজেডিতে পরিণত হয়েছে।
তদন্ত প্রতিবেদনে বলা হয়, আশ্চর্যের বিষয় হলো, যে উত্তম কুমার বড়ুয়ার জন্য ঘটনার সূত্রপাত, তার বাড়ির সামনে দিয়ে মিছিল হয়, আশপাশের বৌদ্ধবিহারে হামলা হয়, কিন্তু উত্তমের বাড়িতে একটি ইটও পড়েনি। তদন্ত দলের মনে এটি গভীর সন্দেহের সৃষ্টি করেছে।

Back
Top Bottom