What's new

New version of cruise missile BrahMos test fired in Pokhran

Any idea whats the difference between blockI AND blockII ?

The block-1 failed. Initially, the Block-1 was termed a success later it was disclosed that IA rejected it because the mizie failed to hits it's target.

In block I (the Version for Army) there was only one target what the missile supposed to hit. In Block II has the ability to hit targets in building clusters. The new seeker system is unique and it enable the missile to hit the targets, which may be insignificant in terms of size, in a cluster of large buildings. Block II will be a true LACM variant, unlike the Block I, which was a very limited land attack capability. The only difference in Block II new seeker is SCAN ALGORITHM for scene correlation.
JAI HIND...:sniper:

In block I (the Version for Army) there was only one target what the missile supposed to hit. In Block II has the ability to hit targets in building clusters. The new seeker system is unique and it enable the missile to hit the targets, which may be insignificant in terms of size, in a cluster of large buildings. Block II will be a true LACM variant, unlike the Block I, which was a very limited land attack capability. The only difference in Block II new seeker is SCAN ALGORITHM for scene correlation.
JAI HIND...:sniper:

And i hear that ours is the only country apart from russia now, who are having this techonology..!!!!!!:yahoo:

The block-1 failed. Initially, the Block-1 was termed a success later it was disclosed that IA rejected it because the mizie failed to hits it's target.

Case of sour grapes:bunny:. Block I has been already inducted in the Army.

And i hear that ours is the only country apart from russia now, who are having this techonology..!!!!!!:yahoo:

Yes dear, you are right. As you are aware the BrahMos is the only supersonic Cruise missile in the world. It's new guidance system is also unique.
I hope DRDO should now try to enhance the range of BrahMos to 700/800 Km and increase it to al least 1500.
Thanks.

Yes dear, you are right. As you are aware the BrahMos is the only supersonic Cruise missile in the world. It's new guidance system is also unique.
I hope DRDO should now try to enhance the range of BrahMos to 700/800 Km and increase it to al least 1500.
Thanks.

even if they come up with a supersonic CM with >300km range it cant be brahmos coz of MCTR

:cheers:

Block 1 has limited LACM capability as BrahMos is basically an anti ship missile. Block II has a new software and a new seeker (probably as there are conflicting reports on this) which gives it a complete land attack capability

Thanks.

No the range can not be increased because of MTCT.

DRDO is already working on the new missiles

Hint: Look at shourya and HSDTV project the news items are posted here

We've been duped about the Brahmos's success before too.

Block II means more range or they fixed the old one's problems?

Back
Top Bottom