What's new

New Turret and Upgraded APCs.(Tallah)

S-A-B-E-R->

Reaction score
So i saw this APC a while back on 23rd march and since than no discussion or news was herd of.
an angled turret with grenade launchers, corrugated side add on Armour.

if any one has any info on this, it will be appreciated.

Attachments

• p23.jpg
    p23.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 407
looks like dshk 12.7mm russian gun its fairly old gun and its age is same that of m2 browning
PLA-Type-89-ACV-with-12.7mm-HMG-1S.jpg
428px-DShK_on_T-55_DD-SD-01-05147.jpg

grenade launcher is no biggie but armor upgrade looks significant.

Last edited:
not talking abt the gun i am talking abt the protection turret. with smoke grenade launchers and other up Armour upgrades .
don't know for sure but it looks like armor is placed at gap from apc body to reduce the impact of heat rounds

G3
MG3
DHsK

All need to be replaced but cant see it happening!

G3
MG3
DHsK

if's not broke don't fix it.

G3 is a good rifle
MG3 can be replaced with the HK121
DHsk replaced with the Kord makes sense

turret with smoke grenades is a good improvement, should protect from small arms fire and smoke is good to blind enemy attacks and ATGMs.

Last edited:
Good upgrades are required on PA's APC'S.

People, he is not talking about the gun.

@S-A-B-E-R-> if you look closely at the picture you shared, the corrugated Armour plating are placed on the front PAC only, the ones at back of the picture do not have this. So that means it is an add on. Also if we look at the plating it can be seen placed a bit away from the main body of the vehicle and have been bolted (can see the holes) All this will point to some add on armor, ERA, (personally i do not think it is ERA) or something just to minimize the impact and add additional material armor. The corrugation works in same way as the slanted turret of a tank, will give more protection.

picture13.png

About angled turret, it really is not a turret. On Talha the machine is manually controlled and keeping in view the ongoing operation against TTP PA must have felt the need of some protection for the gunner hence the angled protection around the machine gun and the smoke grenade launchers replaced at sides of it. Not really some SIGNIFICANT up-gradation! all this looks like routine modifications based on the experience of ongoing operation in waziraistan.

People, he is not talking about the gun.

@S-A-B-E-R-> if you look closely at the picture you shared, the corrugated Armour plating are placed on the front PAC only, the ones at back of the picture do not have this. So that means it is an add on. Also if we look at the plating it can be seen placed a bit away from the main body of the vehicle and have been bolted (can see the holes) All this will point to some add on armor, ERA, (personally i do not think it is ERA) or something just to minimize the impact and add additional material armor. The corrugation works in same way as the slanted turret of a tank, will give more protection.

picture13.png

About angled turret, it really is not a turret. On Talha the machine is manually controlled and keeping in view the ongoing operation against TTP PA must have felt the need of some protection for the gunner hence the angled protection around the machine gun and the smoke grenade launchers replaced at sides of it. Not really some SIGNIFICANT up-gradation! all this looks like routine modifications based on the experience of ongoing operation in waziraistan.

thnx a lot. finally some one who understood me.
i accept that this is not a significant upgrade, however it shows that some one with a better vision is working at HIT who instead of making bulky armored box with low visibility made a lighter angular protection system.
maybe we will see better designs in future. one can hope

G3
MG3
DHsK

I'd never replace the MG3. All it needs is some modernization and making it lighter, Increase its RPM and you'e good to go for another century.
Maybe if they invent Lasers, we should use the same design :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom