What's new

New Surprise Y-30 Model in 2014 Zhuhai Show - Chinese answer to A400m/C130

raazh

Reaction score
I am not sure if this has already been posted here but IMO its a very important development. AVIC has unveiled a model of Y-30 Medium Transport Plane in Zuhai Airshow. Model looks similar in design to A-400m; and if developed could give an excellent support to Y-20. Will be an excellent option for Pakistan and many other countries unable to buy USA planes. Can any Chinese member find more details and post here please. Thanks - Pictures credit to China-defense-mashup.

15560846109_bddbab6dee_b.jpg

15744826451_fb027882d3_b.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure if this has already been posted here but IMO its a very important development. AVIC has unveiled a model of Y-30 Medium Transport Plane in Zuhai Airshow. Model looks similar in design to A-400m; and if developed could give an excellent support to Y-20. Will be an excellent option for Pakistan and many other countries unable to buy USA planes. Can any Chinese member find more details and post here please. Thanks - Pictures credit to China-defense-mashup.

15560846109_bddbab6dee_b.jpg

15744826451_fb027882d3_b.jpg

It looks too late. By the time it debuts and operation, it will be 4-6 years later. Which A400M will capture most market.

As for domestic used, Y-20 fits China doctrine better, bigger capacity, payload. Y-20 will commission in another 2 years time. Not too late.

It looks too late. By the time it debuts and operation, it will be 4-6 years later. Which A400M will capture most market.

As for domestic used, Y-20 fits China doctrine better, bigger capacity, payload. Y-20 will commission in another 2 years time. Not too late.
Its never too late for a transporter. There are 100s of C130's around the globe nearing retirement and replacement and this is an on going process. The need for a good transport lifter will never die down. Regarding Domestic market of China; again IMO Y-20 and Y-30 is of different categories fulfilling different roles.

Its never too late for a transporter. There are 100s of C130's around the globe nearing retirement and replacement and this is an on going process. The need for a good transport lifter will never die down. Regarding Domestic market of China; again IMO Y-20 and Y-30 is of different categories fulfilling different roles.

Y-9 is suppose to be the challenger to C-130J, not Y-30. Y-9 has already attain operation and ready for export.

y-9.jpg

Attachments

• y-9.jpg
    y-9.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

why most of these Chinese products have to resemble 100% to an existing Western or Russian model? why imagination and innovation is not encouraged?

when will China break free from this massive copycating regime? I know there is money, there is will, there is talent and there is more money but except FC-1 (or JF17) I cant put my hand on the heart and say without coughing, yes... this is original, this is China's first although there are elements of F-16 and Hornet etc there but they are just a reference .. not a spiting image.

why most of these Chinese products have to resemble 100% to an existing Western or Russian model? why imagination and innovation is not encouraged?

when will China break free from this massive copycating regime? I know there is money, there is will, there is talent and there is more money but except FC-1 (or JF17) I cant put my hand on the heart and say without coughing, yes... this is original, this is China's first although there are elements of F-16 and Hornet etc there but they are just a reference .. not a spiting image.

From this airshow, I think you has already start to see lots of innovation product China coming up. One great example is J-20 which I don't think resemble any western produce major weapons. China starts modernisation much later than western countries and to quickly catch up, using proven design is a much safer route to go. It only once you master the basic then you start to innovate.

You do not for the sake of being new and innovate going the difficult route without mastering the basic first. Let me give you one great example of trying to innovate but without mastering the basic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qaher-313

Q-313-Display.jpg

Sure its innovative but seriously do you think that thing can really work? That is what I called trying to be innovative without going the basic first.

From this airshow, I think you has already start to see lots of innovation product China coming up. One great example is J-20 which I don't think resemble any western produce major weapons. China starts modernisation much later than western countries and to quickly catch up, using proven design is a much safer route to go. It only once you master the basic then you start to innovate.

You do not for the sake of being new and innovate going the difficult route without mastering the basic first. Let me give you one great example of trying to innovate but without mastering the basic.

View attachment 150333

Sure its innovative but seriously do you think that thing can really work? That is what I called trying to be innovative without going the basic first.

thanks fr your comments and I respect you for that. I am just keen to see China first innovations coming enmasse.

on the other note about that 303
that attachment was a blasphemy, a cruel joke on aviation , engineering and science.
promise me you will never ever do that again.
even thinking about it and writing about it makes me feel that I degraded myself in terms of IQ

Chinese are not indians. They don't need to reinvent the wheel. maybe you would like it better if JF 17 had no wings. That would be unique. Would you like that?

Chinese are not indians. They don't need to reinvent the wheel. maybe you would like it better if JF 17 had no wings. That would be unique. Would you like that?
oh boy that was harsh.
give it red bull thats enough.
@gambit @MastanKhan help me please I committed a crime

View attachment 150333

You are right, but it is not a good example. Iran is not stupid or backward to be taken as such an example.The fact is that they have produced two different planes, the Saeqah and the Azaraqsh, thus mastering the basics before venturing in a new design of about the same size based on a proven very efficient flying US design.
Thumps up for China anyhow.

this probably for show only like many other models by AVIC that never get made. i don't see the point of making another transporter of this class. it makes no sense..

thanks fr your comments and I respect you for that. I am just keen to see China first innovations coming enmasse.

on the other note about that 303
that attachment was a blasphemy, a cruel joke on aviation , engineering and science.
promise me you will never ever do that again.
even thinking about it and writing about it makes me feel that I degraded myself in terms of IQ
Seriously speaking, China is still a follower and we have only developed for about 30 years in most areas such as electronic industry aerospace industry,high-end materials technology,manufacturing & Processing Machinery,ect.

The independent innovation involves original innovation and integration innovation and imitation innovation.So, our strategy is mainly consist of introduction, digestion, absorptionand re-innovation.
What we have to do is firstly affirming feasibility then creating unique design.

J-31,Yun-20,and many many Chinese products is standing on the shoulder of world's proven technique.I would say it's not copy but learning.The pity is only we can't walk forefront beyond western technology concepts.We just catch up their steps shortly.But we have done our best.China is the second country which can make 5-generation stealth plane.The key technology is researched by ourselves with thousands of researchers' great hard working.How can a word "copy" to describe their endeavor and sacrifice!Can any else country "copy" anther one?

With the accumulation of Chinese science and technology,we will and must taking more innovation.It's already become one long-term tactic of China and we have achieved much in machine manufacturing,Internet products and so on."created in China" will finally replace "made in China"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom