Ballistic Missile:
Hatf 1 /A/B: ~50 to 80
Hatf 2 /Abdali: ~50 to 80
Hatf 3 Ghaznavi: ~36 to 60
Hatf 4 Shaheen1/1A: ~50 to 60
Hatf 5 Gauri 1/ 2: ~30 to 50
Hatf 6 Shaheen 2: ~40 to 50
Shaheen 3: ~2 to 3 in Development

Air craft launched N-Bomb: ~20 to 30 (5KT to 30KT)
Ballistic Missile N-Warhead: ~50 more in production (5KT to 300KT) Spiked with tritium to increase same weight Warhead yield X 5
Cruise Missile N-Warhead: ~50 to 60 more in production (1KT to 5KT)

Sub Kiloton Warheads (Nasr): ~Less then ~15 more in production

Note: Not all Ballistic missiles are for nuclear strike.

source....

Various sources can't quote here.
adding to above around 40 Nasr missiles in production. And heavy Thermobaric bomb under development will give Pakistan a choice to wipe out advancing forces without nuclear warhead.
Nasr on its own is merely a missile (carrying medium). Pakistan will still require warheads (miniaturized though) for Nasr to counter the cold start

Lets just say that its bark is worse than its bite.

The main threat (which is supposed to be countered by Nasr) is the armoured thrust, which i think will come from Longewala to cutt off southern Pakistan from the north. I think that it should be countered by long range NLOS ATGMs and MRLs. The objective should be to neutralize the Indian offensive and gain stategic depth with an armoured thrust of our own by holding the area from Longewala to Jaisalmer and its sorroundings.

In addition to NLOS ATGM ( something like CM-501G) , a cluster munition despenser like the Norinco GB-6 would be a great addition to our arsenal.
I don't think Nasr will be used to stop the thrust and then we will launch a counter attack on the advantage gained by Nasr strikes. On the contrary Nasr at best is a deterrent doctrine. Launch of Nasr (with the miniaturized warheads) will obviously draw India Pakistan in a full blown nuclear war where no thrust and no tactical move will remain to mean anything!

What a pathetic list with inaccurate data and assumptions.
They are still using 1998 data of aircrafts.
It isn't wise to question the authenticity of data compiled by experts based on personal assumptions; they are privy to information that common folk are not. Do keep in mind that (our) local reports are often exaggerated.

The data under question reveals different types of warheads in the inventory of armed forces of Pakistan; 130 in total so far.

The "year deployed" section refers to the year during which each delivery platform had been fielded. For example, in 1998, Pakistan prepared (24) F-16 A/B aircraft to carry a nuclear warhead and this remains true till present. Ballistic missiles were developed in later years to expand the delivery mechanism of nuclear warheads.

The "range" section refers to verified range of each delivery platform. There is difference between reported and verified range of a weapon system. For example, the latest ballistic missile in the inventory (i.e. Shaheen-3) was test-fired recently and its flight path spanned 2750 km. Therefore, 2750 km is the verified range of this ballistic missile but it is rumored to have maximum range of 3000 km (maximum reported range).

Now, some might be surprised that Babur Cruise Missile is mentioned as having 350 km range in the report. Once again, this figure represents verified range. However, it's reported range is 700 km.

The "yield" section refers to maximum yield capacity of warheads in the inventory. The nuclear tests carried out by Pakistan in 1998 had yields in the 5 - 10 kt range as per seismic analysis.

As far as the inventory is concerned, we may have fielded higher number of missiles but all of them are unlikely to be equipped with nuclear warheads. For example, if we have fielded 15 Shaheen-2 ballistic missiles, it is likely that 8 are armed with a nuclear warhead while the rest are not. Some people mistakenly assume that every ballistic missile in our inventory will be armed with a nuclear warhead. This is the not the case. There is difference in reporting a missile being nuclear-capable and being actually armed with a nuclear warhead.

Nonetheless, 130 warheads are nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:
Just to give you an idea of capability difference between India and Pakistan. Pakistan with its all facilities produce enough weapon grade Uranium for 4-5 10Kn nuclear weapons and 3-4 plutonium based nuclear weapons. So in short at 100% capacity we can produce 7- 9 low yield weapons an year...whereas India produces enough plutonium for 70 - 120 10 ktn weapon an year.... moreover apart from what samar mubarik mand says Indian nuclear capability is much more advanced as they were already working on 3 stage fusion devices in 1999. So we are not fastest growing nuclear weapons program in the world.... we are not going to become 5th largest nuclear weapon state and at this point Indian doesn't have 90 - 100 warheads ... they might have already by passed China in nuclear weapons count.

List of Ballistic & cruise Missiles

Cruise Missile:
Babur: 200 + Available more in production
Ra'ad: 100 + Available more in production
Ballistic Missile:
Hatf 1 /A/B: ~50 to 80
Hatf 2 /Abdali: ~50 to 80
Hatf 3 Ghaznavi: ~36 to 60
Hatf 4 Shaheen1/1A: ~50 to 60
Hatf 5 Gauri 1/ 2: ~30 to 50
Hatf 6 Shaheen 2: ~40 to 50
Shaheen 3: ~2 to 3 in Development

Air craft launched N-Bomb: ~20 to 30 (5KT to 30KT)
Ballistic Missile N-Warhead: ~50 more in production (5KT to 300KT) Spiked with tritium to increase same weight Warhead yield X 5
Cruise Missile N-Warhead: ~50 to 60 more in production (1KT to 5KT)

Sub Kiloton Warheads (Nasr): ~Less then ~15 more in production

Note: Not all Ballistic missiles are for nuclear strike.

Utter BS. Not a single figure correlates with reality.

Lets just say that for now, almost all systems except Hatf-3 Ghaznavi are special in nature, and won't be used for conventional purposes.

Hatf-1 has been retired, and Hatf-2 Abdali is still under-development.
Abdali still under development? quite a long time they are testing i don't know why it becomes difficult for them to develop 290Kms missile when they are able to develop long range ballistic missile. Sir i want to know about Shaheen III a long awaited missile as per pictures i observe that it is a stretched up Shaheen II but warhead section is quite interesting with double cone or extra heat shield can you please explain little bit for me.

Abdali still under development? quite a long time they are testing i don't know why it becomes difficult for them to develop 290Kms missile when they are able to develop long range ballistic missile. Sir i want to know about Shaheen III a long awaited missile as per pictures i observe that it is a stretched up Shaheen II but warhead section is quite interesting with double cone or extra heat shield can you please explain little bit for me.
Yes. It is not difficult, its just that the same (rather better) capability is already being provided by Ghaznavi, so Abdali will be worth it only if a dual/quad launcher is developed. Thats why it hasn't been put into service.

There is no "double" cone, evidently the re-entry vehicle's size has been reduced. In Shaheen-II, whole of the red-painted payload segment is the ReV, but in Shaheen-III, the red-painted part is divided into two. So only the upper part has the warhead package, while lower may have an improved TCS.

Yes. It is not difficult, its just that the same (rather better) capability is already being provided by Ghaznavi, so Abdali will be worth it only if a dual/quad launcher is developed. Thats why it hasn't been put into service.

There is no "double" cone, evidently the re-entry vehicle's size has been reduced. In Shaheen-II, whole of the red-painted payload segment is the ReV, but in Shaheen-III, the red-painted part is divided into two. So only the upper part has the warhead package, while lower may have an improved TCS.
May be its is marv warhead, do you think that if yes then its a step towards MIRV.

Back
Top Bottom