What's new

New Load Out On JF-17 Thunder

This bird is now transforming into a Hunter / Killer & Destroyer.
In case some of you missed out. Apart from four SD-10s two PL-5s, ECM Pod and the drop tank, the Thunder is also carrying a pair of REK SOW.
View attachment 896982

Here is a video of SOW for those like me who have read this name the first time. It looks like a freefall bomb with gliding function.

This load out is impractical to say the least as this makes the jf17 a point defence ac at best.
So it to be a practical fighter with time on station it needs two drop tanks on the inner most pylons.
Thats where your aerial refuelers comes in

This bird is now transforming into a Hunter / Killer & Destroyer.
In case some of you missed out. Apart from four SD-10s two PL-5s, ECM Pod and the drop tank, the Thunder is also carrying a pair of REK SOW.
View attachment 896982
Any idea on any research being done to to change wings to increase wing loading etc? Or is block 3 the end of the line for jf17

Any idea on any research being done to to change wings to increase wing loading etc? Or is block 3 the end of the line for jf17

The wings were actually strengthened by CAC at the request of the PAF before full production commenced. You can actually see a strengthening element added to the topside of the wing root fairing next to the fuselage.

1668766573341.png

Hold one, are we saying, 9 hard points in total. 6 under the wings and 3 under the belly ?

There's 8 hardpoints on the Block 3, 6 on the wing, 1 centreline fuselage, and 1 pod hardpoint. Using dual racks on the wings can take it to 10 effectively.

Oh well indeed ! I forgot the centerline station ...

Here is a video of SOW for those like me who have read this name the first time. It looks like a freefall bomb with gliding function.

It looks like it has a booster attached to it like h4, if look at the pic clearly.

The wings were actually strengthened by CAC at the request of the PAF before full production commenced. You can actually see a strengthening element added to the topside of the wing root fairing next to the fuselage.

View attachment 898007
Have the wingtips also been strengthened. Alongside carrying a missile, if a pod can be placed there to also carry a towed decoy it could be very useful.

Have the wingtips also been strengthened. Alongside carrying a missile, if a pod can be placed there to also carry a towed decoy it could be very useful.

I don't know, but it would be difficult given the relatively smaller wing compared with the Typhoon or Flanker series where this is more readily possible. However, I think the internal ECM and EW capabilities are significantly better in the Block 3 version previous models.

Back
Top Bottom