What's new

New Leak: Celerabtion for J-10's serving

Nice to hear that. Any information on how many J-10s have been rolled out?

Did anyone notice the change in the airintake.
It much smaller now.

Nice to hear that. Any information on how many J-10s have been rolled out?

Jane's and Kanwa Defence Review revealed that PLAAF had disposed them in Yunnan, southwest China, and more production is in progress . Recently report about air force southwest receiving new type of fighters has been posted on chinese offical publication and web site which can be considered as a kind of confession. Still didn't get any message of certain numbers in service and this looks reasonable.

More interesting is message buzzing everywhere says a Captain of PAF made a taste-fly of J-10 on Oct. 25. It also says the Captain was severely ordered to PULL UP in case of safety just during a series of low-attitude actions ;)
Yet it's not been proved, don't know if it's rumors or not, anyway does anyone here want this be true?:coffee:

Did anyone notice the change in the airintake.
It much smaller now.

yes it IS an argument.
On my opinion it may be kind of optical illusion just caused by the special fugure of the intaker and this certain angle of view. I mean from the side looking, the upper portion of the air-intaker protrudes so that it can shelter that part against your angle :)

Actually I'm pretty sure of that ;) but who knows the truth......:angel:

I believe the huge intake was ceating problems even for the powerfull AL-31F and needed to be redesigned.
Looking at the pic I concluded the intake seemed much 'flatter'.

You could be right about the optical illusion though...
Time will tell.

jolly good news if i say so.cant wait till this baby is in our inventory:flag:

This month's edition of "Combat Aircraft" features what has to be the first, detailed article to discuss the projected size and expected capabilities of China's Chengdu J-10 fighter:

Drawing on photographic evidence, leaked information, and engineering analysis, the new article makes a convincing argument that the J-10 is more than just another pretty face.

To summarize some some of the major arguments:

*Like any multirole fighter-bomber, the J-10 was developed with a bias towards fulfilling certain roles. Based on the overall dimensions of the airplane, and its projected dry weight, fuel capacity, and payload capacity, the J-10 appears to have been biased in favor of the air-to-ground role rather than the air-to-air role.

*As such, the J-10 is most easily compared to the Block 50/52+ versions of the F-16, rather than to some of the Eurocanard fighters such as the Typhoon or Rafale.

*By virtue of its relatively low wing loading (and canard configuration), the J-10 can be expected to have exceptional instantaneous turn capabilities. Its thrust loading, however, is relatively modest, meaning that most Western fighters would have an advantage in terms of acceleration.

*What strikes me about this comparison, is that it is reminiscent of the old MiG-15 / Sabre match-up, or of the advantage that the MiG-21 had over most Western fighters of its day. The J-10 appears to be similarly poised to deliver a painful surprise to any inexperienced pilot who attempts to engage it in a turning manuever, but is vulnerable in other areas of its envelope.

*In the air-to-ground role, the capabilities of the J-10 are expected to be truly impressive. It is projected to possess both a payload capacity, and range that put to shame many similarly sized, or even larger airplanes:

"When measured as a multirole, attack platform rather than as a purely air-to-air fighter, the potential for the J-10 to alter the strategic equation in the Far East should become readily evident. In terms of its maximum payload capability, the J-10 is projected to have a maximum weapons load in excess of 9,500-kg (19,850-lb), when outfitted with bombs and missiles for a short-range attack mission. This compares to a maximum payload of 4,000-kg (8,820-lb) for the similarly sized MiG-29S, or 8,000-kg (17,640-lb) for the much larger Su-30."
Statistics for the J-10 were quoted as follows:

Length ........................ 16.5 m
Height ......................... 6.0 m
Wing Span ..................... 11.3 m
Gross Wing Area ............... 45.5 sq m
Empty Weight .................. 9730 kg
Max Internal Fuel ............. 4470 kg
Max Take-Off Weight .......... 24650 kg
Max Thrust ................... 125.5 kN

For the J-10 to have merited an investigative article of this detail is truly a coming-of-age for the Chinese aviation industry.

*As such, the J-10 is most easily compared to the Block 50/52+ versions of the F-16, rather than to some of the Eurocanard fighters such as the Typhoon or Rafale.
But Avionically, J-10 is far behind from F-16 Block 52+ but its is more menuvarable due to TVC engine:?: .
In terms of its maximum payload capability, the J-10 is projected to have a maximum weapons load in excess of 9,500-kg (19,850-lb).
How can a single engine jet carry such heavy load like su30?? sounds strange!:huh:

But Avionically, J-10 is far behind from F-16 Block 52+ but its is more menuvarable due to TVC engine:?: .
There are few more surprizes out there, have patience my friend. ;)

How can a single engine jet carry such heavy load like su30?? sounds strange!:huh:
WS-13A is as powerfull as the Al-31F with 125kn thrust and J-10 is lighter than the Su-30.

Can any one compare the technical specifications with the F-16 ,so as to know where J-10 stand exactly against the F-16.I know the comparison between F-16 and JF-17 and in some cases it is near to F-16,that's why I want to know the specifications of J-10.
Is anybody there ?

ALHUMDULILLAH . great news
and man this bird looks impressive to say the least with such an encouraging compliment from western aviation sources makes it the more better.

he yukihime congrats its party times !:toast:

Back
Top Bottom