What's new

NEW J11BS(WS-10 engine PICS

It would be better that the discussion is kept as per the topic, if someone has any problem then he/she can leave the discussion and not derail the thread.

FWS10 exhaust nozzle
10f43fcb3d.jpg

AL-31F
8052eea1a0.jpg
Here I am posting F 414 and EJ 200 Nozzles pictures these looks more refined ... In fact FWS10 Nozzle also looks better then its Russian rival but I want to know about its finish .. as we see why they keep it so crude comparative to western engines ... is their any technology involved or some money game ???
Thanks ...
27.jpg

highres_gld-07724718v9g.jpg

^^^^^

Because those look like museum displays, not actual functional engines.

^^^^^

Because those look like museum displays, not actual functional engines.
:lol: no boss I found these pics on a blog in 2nd picture you can see its Pre flight check is in progress by pilot that's what this picture was tagged ... and the first 1 is in some Airshow display I am not sure ... but when we see WS 10 its somewhere between Russian and US Finish (I mean better then Rus but less then US)...

:lol: no boss I found these pics on a blog in 2nd picture you can see its Pre flight check is in progress by pilot that's what this picture was tagged ... and the first 1 is in some Airshow display I am not sure ... but when we see WS 10 its somewhere between Russian and US Finish (I mean better then Rus but less then US)...

Why the selective comparison? Why didn't you compare it to this one in post #23? In a fair evaluation, you take the best pictures of both and compare them.

Old WS-10 nozzle
09041121031843a9ae70af2.jpg

27.jpg

Which one looks better now?

Last edited:

Errrrr? I meant the Chinese engines were museum pieces (judging by the background and the fact they aren't in an aircraft)

Nothing to Panic, Nothing great, its a standard procedure of testing Engine on different machine.... It take years to mature an Engine...

We are testing our Engine (Kaveri) on IL76, Soon we will test it on LCA or any other aircraft.....

Kaveri and Taihang(FWS10) are in different phases .the former has just achieved the prototype Preliminary Flight Rating Test(PFRT) milestone,the latter's formally been in service.

One FWS10 on display at the China Aviation Museum,as the signboard description in the image said: the FWS10 now already entered mass production stage...
6a1fe83f39.jpg

Why the selective comparison? Why didn't you compare it to this one in post #23? In a fair evaluation, you take the best pictures of both and compare them.

Old WS-10 nozzle
09041121031843a9ae70af2.jpg

27.jpg

Which one looks better now?
Well this 1 looks nice and clean :D ... but I saw this finished picture for the very first time ...:tup:

lol, again the Russian media, China never officially admits the deal. That's why they are pissing off over China for not buying their weapons anymore and defaming China for copying their military technology.

J-11B, as a air superior fighter, needs to be powered by 130kn, whereas J-11Bs as a figher/bomber, of course, it needs higher thrust and ratio than J-11B, just use your brain!!!
Are you kidding me? The WS-10 hasn't entered mass production and the Chinese are still buying more Russian engines. I've heard claims from Chinese that the WS-10 entered service and that was 4 years ago!
BTW, the J-15 prototype doesn't need a more powerfull engine, what it really needs is an engine that won't rust from the sea water. The J-11BS, if China has designed a 2 seater air superiority aircraft then it still doesn't need new engines, the same engine will suffice. Its the airframe that will need to be strengthened for heavier weaponsload which shouldn't be a problem as the PLAAF hasn't introduced any new heavy weapons. So its about waiting.
The Su-30MKK do the job for now. If China needs a new heavy bomber/air superiority aircraft then the second cockpit would need to transformed into the WSO seat.
On another note, I thought the PLAAF had the JH-7 do this job albiet with out the air to air capability.
FYI, if you didn't know most of the twin seater J-11's actually are more Russian than the single seater. for economical reasons of course.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Kaveri and Taihang(FWS10) are in different phases .the former has just achieved the prototype Preliminary Flight Rating Test(PFRT) milestone,the latter's formally been in service.
full scale or limited production?

Back
Top Bottom