What's new

New Introductions

1) Tell your interests

I love defence strategy and discussions related to strategic locations in the world

2) What do you do.
i am electrical engineer
3) How did you find us
google
4) What interests you here?
middle east and africa forum as well as other forums subs...
5) What is your profession?
engineer
6) Future plans?
fishing in the somali indian ocean

1) Tell your interests

I love defence strategy and discussions related to strategic locations in the world

2) What do you do.
i am electrical engineer
3) How did you find us
google
middle east and africa forum as well as other forums subs...
engineer
6) Future plans?
fishing in the somali indian ocean
Welcome to PDF

first u introduce yrself! n correct these silly flags of yrs.

Wase Mujhe Nahi pata aap ko Kia issue hai with these flags. :/. You are real life stalker. Wallahi! :D and I don't feel necessary to introduce myself. :) Naam he Kafi hai. LOL. :p

Last edited:
the pirates are not that bad,mostly they are after these foreign fishing vessels illegally fishing in area.
the following countries are targeted mostly
-spain,you have to ask why would a spanish fishing vessel do in africa
-thailand,vietnam these fishing vessels are confiscated mostly.
basically the pirates doesnt touch somali vessels or cargoes going in and out of somalia but when you have south korean fishing vessel then you know trouble is brewing.
some times they attack pk vessels but when they see they are muslim they are released if it not a fishing vessel.
in fact i am going to buy a midsized fishing vessel with strong duration and longetivity and my budget is tight which country do you recommend.
i am currently based in PK.

So the last introductions were getting pretty useless. So here are some guidelines for proper introductions.

1) Tell your interests
2) What do you do.
3) How did you find us
6) Future plans?
Assalamualaikum!
1) Tell your interests

I m student of Defense,PTI,Ideological Warfare A.K.A. 4th gen Warfare,Current Affairs,Shariah/Quraan and Sunnah,Sufi Music,Iqbal
2) What do you do.

I am student of 10th Grade
3) How did you find us

Initially got this web on Google or Facebook

Defense of Pakistan and its Ideology
N/A
6) Future plans?
To study and spread knowledge

Source: New Introductions

Hello im new here ....i havent made 5 posts yet as i cant find the right category to post in . Actually i was hoping that some if not all you Ladies and Gentlemen of Pakistan could help me learn the Romanised form of Urdu ...i have visited the pyramid net on youtube and they teach urdu but the urdu -Persian alphabet is difficult for me although i will learn it later , but for now a romanised version is fine to start with

now i shall use the guidelines to desribe myself

1) Tell your interests ...languages mainly , nowadays ... at univ i did control systems as first degree at a Brit univ ( BS in Electronics majoring in control systems ) and then MS in management at an aussie univ.

2) What do you do. ....now in business ..for a time i was part of a defence industries management consulting team but specializing in management and strategic matters ...eg M&A acquisition of a defence manufacturing plant , and stuff like that

3) How did you find us ..... google search

4) What interests you here? ...hope to learn urdu ...some strategicmatters

5) What is your profession? businesswoman ( as described above )

6) Future plan .... visit pakistan , india some day maybe afghanistan turkmenistan also ...very much like your music of central asia eg India, pak , turkmen and uzbek music ...

please tell me which category i am allowed to post in to seek advice on urdu vocabulary and simple sentence construction or indeed if you are willing to start a new category on that subject ? also if i can learn punjabi at the same time , that would be great too !

BIENVENIDA!!

urdu is not something that you learn from the intenet,you have must an interection ,i am based in Pk and find that urdu is difficult for me but hey i might be busy with other stuff to learn more advanced urdu.i can only speak the basics

BIENVENIDA!!

urdu is not something that you learn from the intenet,you have must an interection ,i am based in Pk and find that urdu is difficult for me but hey i might be busy with other stuff to learn more advanced urdu.i can only speak the basics

You have Turkish/Turkic Roots by any chance? Considering you have the word Turk in your name. Or does it refer to something else?

@rome.... Welcome.... Do you speak Urdu?
quick answer is ....only a few words, like very few BUT .... good news is i do have a lot of acquaintances here who speak punjabi and urdu and sometimes i try to learn by repeating after them and they say that i have a good pronunciation

BIENVENIDA!!

i have learn english without any interaction with anyone, and this was even before the days of the internet , so the only resource open to me was the bbc radio .... but when i went to live in england, then yes it did go up ever so slightly , but i learned from the bbc and had a perfect or near perfect pronunciation which surprised many people when i went to england .

i can say i have a musical ear and can somehow detect the overtones and undertones in southern indo-eurpean languages ( mainly hindi urdu punjabi, italian, spanish portuguese english ) ...outside that group eg danish norwegian it is tough for me to be able to speak with good accents ....so northern indo-euro and eastern indo euro eg russian, and the slavics , would be v tough or me ......my life ambition is to learn hindi urdu and a few other indic based languages ....also very tough for me like arabic is farsi , that is also a tough language, so i prefer urdu any day

i also listen to geo tv and ari tv to the newscasts and the political debate , not knowing 90% of the words , still i listen to get a feel of than language and to take into my soul, its great beauty ....the lady newscaster are so lovely and their clothes ! ..... also morning with farah when i can spare the time ....listening to urdu somehow has a healing effect , for me it has that effect. ....and i like the qawwalis of nusrat fateh ali khan which were introduced to me by a gujerati friend at univ in england

but i am totally zero when it comes to non southern indo-euro langages eg Arabic , Chinese japanese or perhaps African languages which i know nothing about but have heard them through the immigrants here

zindabad,
R

Last edited:
Welcome here. You seem to be good with languages. I wish I was but alas not so lucky.
...well everybody is talented in some area ....mine happens to be languages plus one or two other matters ...i notice youre retired and in deep freeze ? well you have a nice sense of humour ...i never hear retired people speak of themselves in such a way ....so that's original .... also your avtar says youre living in iran ....must be ok for a guy i suppose ?

i also notice you have imran khan as your avtar, he is pathan isnt he ? so are you also from that region originally ....... i thnk they would be speaking something like Pashto i suppose

You have Turkish/Turkic Roots by any chance? Considering you have the word Turk in your name. Or does it refer to something else?

Hello Enes ....there is a similar name tong Turkmen people , i think it's called Enesh ....i like the music videos of turkmenistan culture

also i admire your Pres K. Pasha Attaturk for using roman script for your language ...i dont want to be political in any way ...just that for a non-turkish person like me , that makes it so much easier to learn and im sure it must have helped to increase the literacy rate in Turkey ?

personally i thought the best of both worlds was to keep the arabic script for history and culture , i mean the old documents must have been in arabic script and use the roman script for modernization ? but that's only my superficial view

in the end the very beautiful and intelligent Turkish people would know best ...but having it in roman script sure helps us learn your language more easily when one day we have a chance to do so .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom