What's new

New IBM computer chip mimics the human brain

1413fb923b6c88f6a366724fb2aae341c.jpg
what is this chinese terminator???

Well it is strange ....

If you look at the Japanese science fiction .... you will usually find Robots and machines as good guys.. helping mankind (with a few exceptions).

The conspiracy that machines will take over humans usually exists in western literature (that too with a few exceptions)

Gundams are human piloted.

Those androids in Ghost in the Shell were once 100% humans, their brain and spinal cord are organic. There were some episodes about robots and systems getting to smart, it's interesting.

Well it is strange ....

If you look at the Japanese science fiction .... you will usually find Robots and machines as good guys.. helping mankind (with a few exceptions).

The conspiracy that machines will take over humans usually exists in western literature (that too with a few exceptions)

I also noticed that. Japanese adore their robots (like that Honda Robot..Forgot its name) while Western robot sci-fis are always about evil robots taking over the world.

Larry Niven, science fiction author, speculated that once we make sentient computers, what will happen with them is that they will absorb information at super-high speeds, but then, they will either go insane, or will simply turn themselves off once their "reason for being" (absorbing new information) is completed.

Maybe the day will come when machines become sentient, but I don't see why they'd have to be evil. Maybe they'd become helpful to humanity.

Larry Niven, science fiction author, speculated that once we make sentient computers, what will happen with them is that they will absorb information at super-high speeds, but then, they will either go insane, or will simply turn themselves off once their "reason for being" (absorbing new information) is completed.

Maybe the day will come when machines become sentient, but I don't see why they'd have to be evil. Maybe they'd become helpful to humanity.

Humans are busy polishing their double edged swords. We do not know who, what or why it will harm until both ends are sharp enough to cut with. Lets hope our curiosities and eagerness in this regard will bring something positive to mankind, but I do have my doubts.

Humans are busy polishing their double edged swords. We do not know who, what or why it will harm until both ends are sharp enough to cut with. Lets hope our curiosities and eagerness in this regard will bring something positive to mankind, but I do have my doubts.

My money is on genetic engineering doing us in.

This century will be the century of nanotech and biotech. They will mushroom the way computer technology mushroomed in the latter half of the last century. I believe that, by the end of this century, we will not look human at all.

In 200 years, we will be extinct due to unforseen consequences of widespread genetic tampering. Until now our technological impact has been external. With genetics, we are altering the very essence of our being.

Back
Top Bottom