What's new

New DG ISPR: Major General Ahmed Sharif

Status
Not open for further replies.
How?

A regular scoundrel is made CC-Karachi. It is a prize posting. This shows the perspective of this COAS so-called Hafiz. This Hafiz seems to be a watered-down version of that Kanjar Haji.
Haji replaced faiz hameed DGISI with nadeem anjam to complete his regime change operation , he was posted as peshawar corp commander , then bahwalpure and he is now retired as per procedure, if u are core commander it doesn’t mean u will be the next chief

Haji replaced faiz hameed DGISI with nadeem anjam to complete his regime change operation , he was posted as peshawar corp commander , then bahwalpure and he is now retired as per procedure, if u are core commander it doesn’t mean u will be the next chief

That is not relevant. My concern is that this ill-reputed person has been given a prize posting. That means that this new COAS AKA Hafiz doesn't give a damn to what people are thinking. My assessment pertains to COAS.

Last edited:
That is not relevant. My concern is that this ill-reputed person has been given a prize posting. That means that this new COAS AKA Hafiz doesn't give a damn to what people are thinking. My assessment pertains to COAS.
Being an ill reputed person bajwa completed 6 years as chief of 7th nuclear state …chalta ha yahan bhai 😃

COAS would want his possible future corp commanders to not become visible and court controversy in this politically charged environment. This also means he would take it easy and would be less active himself, on the media
[/QUOTE]

This should have been the policy from the start.

5. Lt Gen Nauman Zakria
(VCGS (A) to CLS)

Well this was interesting.

8. MG Ahmed Sharif, EME (DG
DESTO to DG ISPR).

Finally EME gets some representation!

But I believe this is a one off thing.

Being an ill reputed person bajwa completed 6 years as chief of 7th nuclear state …chalta ha yahan bhai 😃

Yes. So, what I really meant to convey is that PTI and it's supporters shall not pin much hopes on this new Thief of Army Staff. That was the crux of my posts.

Who is Major General Ahmed Sharif? What is his background? Some reports are saying that he is from EME?

If he is from Pakistan Army Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering that is a highly unusual appointment...
If he's EME, then they might finally fix the lack of HD (despite using HD cameras).

By EME we mean 'Entertainment and Media Engineering', right? Right?

A few postings, tranfers and retransfers doesn't mean any substantiative change is happening, more like some cosmetic measures to please the civilians and the optics for the internal voices in the army.

Heads need to roll, many have to be removed and court marshalled and made an example.

Only some concrete measures will get back the respect to the Army from the large swathe of population. And ideally they shouldn't be respected as in the past, even with corrective measures taken. That extra dose of respect, extra bootlicking and pandering was one big reason for them turning into demigods and 'larger than life' mortals and we, the civilians into lesser mortals.

Last edited:
Technically he is over qualified for the job. ISPR should be run by colonel level rank along with personnel with degree in media, mass communication.
hence the sarcasm! and shows how incompetent lumber 1 is why waste an engineer for media management!

good riddance.

Iftikhar demonstrated his competence in his little press conference.
tbf, the guy probably got forced to do it. he got dealt a bad hand thanks to bajwa.

also, we had set too high expectations from generals. not everyone is an OG like Asif Ghafoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom