What's new

New Chinese Drone Maker Announced People Carrying Drone at CES: Ehang 184

Yah and you need a license or pilot, right? Ehang 184 has no such needs. You save pilot cost or long duration of training to be one.

Need FAA approval to operate drones. Whether this is considered one since the person who is in it is flying it as well by directing the aircraft.

That makes sense. It looks dangerous as is.

Could turn it off before leaving, or turn it on after you enter the craft.

And considering that it only provides 23 minutes of flying depending on wing conditions and the weight of the person. Not worth it as of yet.

The average person won't be able to afford it for a long time. This is a rich man toy, unfortunately.

The average person won't be able to afford it for a long time. This is a rich man toy, unfortunately.

Not more expensive than some luxury cars that sell like hot cake in China, besides some Chinese competitors will soon flood the market with cheap knockoffs. This is going to be big, if they can overcome all legal and safety hurdles.

Not more expensive than some luxury cars that sell like hot cake in China, besides some Chinese competitors will soon flood the market with cheap knockoffs. This is going to be big, if they can overcome all legal and safety hurdles.
I see a future down the road in these type of drone transportation. An efficient ways to get one place to the next without human control. AI will control our transportation need. You are right, safety is the biggest concern and car lobby groups.

Smart and great looking design keeping the blades and rotors at the base is a good idea for installation of safety ejection seat in the next phase of development

Well done China!

images

Last edited:
Smart and great looking design keeping the blades and rotors at the base is a good idea for installation of safety ejection seat in the next phase of development

Well done China!

images

Exactly. It is not the end of development, but just a stage of it. China being the nation giving it a try is a much optimum situation than China not being the nation giving it a try.

Last edited:
This project is going to be successful. People can enjoy the view of their cities & country views & they don't have to worry about controls.

Well done China!

images

Just some rich Chinese kids with a dream make good use of their family wealth. They will have to put some sensors on those blades. The way it is right now, those base blades is a big safety concern.

And considering that it only provides 23 minutes of flying depending on wing conditions and the weight of the person. Not worth it as of yet.

hmm...23 minutes...i think the xjet could do 30-45 minutes... but definitely not safe.

hmm...23 minutes...i think the xjet could do 30-45 minutes... but definitely not safe.

I like what the founder of Ehang said "when we begin, we will never give up". Give them some time, who knows, they just may change the way we commute one day.

Intel just inject $60 million into the other Chinese drone maker that I have never heard of, Yuneec. Considering buying a Yuneec Q500 4K instead of DJI phantom 3.

Back
Top Bottom