What's new

New 071 class LSD launched yesterday

gypgypgyp

Reaction score
2227050trhgwztoowaw111.jpg

222708567l0a0z3437xq70.jpg

2227136iay1ssapay1j11z.jpg

2227251sgi0uz7vs1bvbmi.jpg

Same class as Landing Ship 998 (Kun Lun Shan).

Hmmm... Let's start a contest: Which Type 071 thread has better typo in the title?

Mine: lanuched for launched
or
gypgypgyp: LSD for LPD

My personal opinion is gypgypgyp wins hands down!

To be honest I didn't notice for both cases. I guess I failed hands down.

Was trying to browse through like 15 new threads quickly.

The speed of construction is amazing, just not too long ago, I was looking at the picture of partially built modular section painted in anti-rust paint. Will be interesting to see if they keep the same Russian CIWS configuration or change to Chinese design CIWS weapons.

The speed of construction is amazing, just not too long ago, I was looking at the picture of partially built modular section painted in anti-rust paint. Will be interesting to see if they keep the same Russian CIWS configuration or change to Chinese design CIWS weapons.

I was thinking whether they just builds the modules and then put them together when they feel the timing is right, at the same time researching on new ships. You see last type 071 came out 4 years ago so who be unreasonable to think they did nothing or made no improvements.

hey just found out that the first photo of this boat's parts in the dock was 4 month ago. 4 month and a boat of 20k tons. Cheers!

Did they smash a bottle of rice wine to christen it?

I was thinking whether they just builds the modules and then put them together when they feel the timing is right, at the same time researching on new ships. You see last type 071 came out 4 years ago so who be unreasonable to think they did nothing or made no improvements.

That is somrthing like pre-fabricated buildiggs, built the basic modules and keep in warehouse, then do final assembly with new improvement/configurations when the time is right or when need to have the ship pressed into service. It is a good strategy.

They could even lengthen the ship by adding an extra modular section, like the Scorpene submarine with lenghthened hull for AIP .

The bridge looks stealthier now, instead of a flat horizontal one like 998.

Back
Top Bottom