What's new

Neutralizing Pakistan

What about the dirt?

No specific dirt aside from the fact that he never fit in the Army and moved on and ever since then he has put on this uber-democrat persona putting down Army every now and then. Also thinks very highly of himself (I guess like all Pakistani politicians).

Check out his facebook page maintained by a fan :-)rolleyes:) of his:

Ayaz Amir | Facebook

Originally Posted by niaz
Regret to say that Pakistan is today at cross roads. Whatever the truth, fact is that being a member of the United Nations, we are bound by the UN Resulution. I quote below a poignant article by Ayaz Amir

Degrading… but do we have a choice?

Islamabad diary

Friday, December 12, 2008
by Ayaz Amir

Is the Lashkar-i-Taiba – or the organisation it has morphed into, Jamaat-ud-Dawa – guilty of terrorism? Did it have a hand in the Mumbai attacks? India says it has proof and the United States is all but openly supporting India's point of view. Pakistan has received warnings and veiled threats. There is also the joke of someone pretending to be the Indian foreign minister and calling up President Zardari and it is a measure of the incompetence prevailing in Islamabad that this hoax call was taken seriously.

But warnings and threats apart Pakistan has received no definitive proof. Yet such is the pressure mounted on Pakistan that to appease Washington and New Delhi it has started moving against the Jamaat-ud-Dawa, some of whose offices in Kashmir and Hazara have been raided and some of its officials taken into custody.

There should be no doubt about it, Pakistan is being put through a degrading routine –

one not exactly calculated to promote national pride. Without all the evidence coming in – evidence that conclusively proves Lashkar's involvement in the Mumbai killings – the government is acting in a manner which substantiates the accusations the Indian government, and a very shrill Indian media, are hurling at Pakistan. In other words, our actions are making us look like criminals.

But do we have a choice? Do we have that in us which would make us stand up to American and Indian pressure? Honestly, I don't think so. Nuclear-armed Pakistan with the fifth or sixth largest army in the world is not as plucky as tiny-by-comparison Lebanon. There is nothing in Pakistan, not even the 'jihadi' organisations like the Lashkar dedicated to vague causes, to compare with the courage and organisation of Hizbollah. And there is no leader in Pakistan, or indeed across the embattled world of Islam – a religion.

[COLOR="Red"]Ayaz Amir an excolumnist turned partisan politician. He has blindfolded himself as a journalist by ignoring the truth. In the process lowered his credibility. Shame on him for wrting this oxymoronic piece with pseudointelectual justifications.[/COLOR]

No specific dirt aside from the fact that he never fit in the Army and moved on and ever since then he has put on this uber-democrat persona putting down Army every now and then. Also thinks very highly of himself (I guess like all Pakistani politicians).

Check out his facebook page maintained by a fan :-)rolleyes:) of his:

Ayaz Amir | Facebook
We've accepted Zardari as our leader... This is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom