What's new

Netmarketshare: Windows 10 finally captures 50% of the market share

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
https://mspoweruser.com/netmarketshare-windows-10-finally-captures-50-of-the-market-share/

Netmarketshare
has released their numbers for August 2019 and they are mostly good for Microsoft. After pushing Windows 10 to the customers since launch, the Operating System has finally managed to capture 50% of the market share. Moving to the web browser, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer both have seen a minor bump in the market share this month.

OS-netmarketshare.png

On the Operating System side, Windows 10 has gained around 2% of the market share and currently sits at 50.99%. Windows 7, on the other hand, dropped to 30.44%. Coming on the third position is macOS 10.14 with a market share of 5.95%. While the OS section brought good news for Microsoft, the company still has to push almost 30% of the users to upgrade to Windows 10 as Windows 7 reaches End-of-support.

Browser-Market-Share.png

Moving on to the browser section Microsoft Edge is still struggling but has registered a minor bump in the market share. Google Chrome, on the other hand, has dropped down to 67.22% and is followed by Mozilla Firefox which is sitting at 8.43% of the market share. It is then followed by Internet Explorer which sits at 7.50%. Coming in fourth is Microsoft Edge with just 6.34% of the market share.

As we noted above, this month has mostly good for Microsoft. The company can celebrate the fact that more and more people are switching to Windows 10. However, at the same time, Microsoft needs to make sure people move from Windows 7 before the end-of-support.

Whole accounting industry uses m.s office and windows are used much by almost all offices so this is not unexpected as microsoft is leading operating system for computers

Linux seems unpopular due to being not packed along with the systems and lack of critical software like CAD, graphics editors etc.

but the photos app sucks in Windows 10.all around the people are complaining about it.but don't know why Microsoft doesn't even care

but the photos app sucks in Windows 10.all around the people are complaining about it.but don't know why Microsoft doesn't even care

Probably because if they include a good one they’ll get yelled at for “maintaining an unfair monopoly”. They have to include “no frills” versions of software.

100% agree!

It takes several seconds of loading time just to take a peek of a photo.

Even heavier app like Microsoft Edge feels lighter.

Many enforced automatic feature on window 10 sucks. The unstoppable One drive cloud is eating up my contractual data usage so much that I always have to pay more in order to prevent being throttled.

There are many automatic features that users seem unable to control or unaware of. So many unseen hands keep on changing my computer without asking for my approval.

Win 10 is getting more reliable as Win 7, they also cut support win 7 as the same time so....

tons of updates downloading anytime but don't know which corner are they improving.atleast I don't see a evident improvement.

Well its been shove down everyone's throat...so yeah, no surprises here that's its growing...lmao

Sir there no need to reinvent the wheel
and a healthy competition is good for the consumers people in the west will also benefit.

I like my efficient LED light bulbs. Glad somebody reinvented the light bulb.

Soon it will be OLED

Last edited:
Do you want to reinvent the led bulb or move forward linux is based on unix an open source software with contribution from all over the world and its not a usa invented/ based software sir

Soon it will be OLED
Soon we will be dead sir and won't know whether this march of technological advancement moved forward or it destroyed us or something else and when. So

Back
Top Bottom