What's new

Nepotism/Sifarish culture in Pakistan....

Khan_patriot

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It common to see people on the streets as well as on TV blaming all influentials of nepotism/sifarish and as a result they are putting their own people on powerful seats. It is a common occurrence that some kind of scandal involving favoritism and bribing to get into powerful seats hits the headlines, and that is, regrettably, a reality. There is no denying this fact but there are two sides to every story. Agreed that there is some degree of nepotism involved but there are also many people who make their own ways even though they have powerful relatives and even have money they could use to bribe, this is where my predicament comes into play, I am a young man who has been striving for his dream of becoming a commissioned officer and incidentally I have been successful in achieving this dream without the use of any sifarish (even though my family is well connected) or using any bribe (even though my family has money to spare) but still I am accused of using nepotism I hear people saying that ''Is na to ban na he tha afsar, is ka bap jo afsar ha'' (He would surely become an officer since his father is an officer as well) and ''Zarur pese diye ho ga is na'' (He must have given some money to the authorities) and things more or less along the same lines as the given sentences. By talking like this the people are implying that I may have called upon favors and/or bribed someone to achieve my dream, some even have the audacity to say it to my face (they are thoroughly ''corrected'' using logic and common sense). These people fail to acknowledge the fact that the sons of an officer/rich man is inherently alot more groomed and learned than that of non-officer/less rich (that is the general trend). I speak here not only on my behalf but on that of every person who has come under such accusations because sometimes even people who have come from the bottom are made a target of such accusations. Such people make accusations because of their sheer envy and their sheer resentment of not achieving the same. I would like to tell such people to EXCUSE ME.....

EXCUSE ME....!!! that I was born into a well off family...

EXCUSE ME.....!!! that my parents spent a fortune, from their hard earned money, educating me in leading schools/colleges...

EXCUSE ME....!!!! that my parents took the time and groomed me into a morally and practically upright and balanced young man....

EXCUSE ME....!!!! that my parents taught me to think rationally and logically instead of thinking like a drone....

EXCUSE ME....!!!!! that I studies my rear off for all my exams (albiet most was last minute salvage attempts)....

EXCUSE ME.....!!! that I had not only the will to dream but also to follow through and work to achieve it...

EXCUSE ME.....!!!! that I was off reading books on practically every topic when your kids were off wasting all their time on useless pursuits.....

EXCUSE ME....!!!that my parents made me into a well rounded person who plays sports but at the same time can disgrace you in a debate....

I have had enough of these false accusations, people who dont know anything about anything go off making such blatant remarks just to satisfy their own bruised egos and to justify why their children were unable to amount to much, I dont fell sorry for them, haters gonna hate regardless of what I (or the countless other people in my position) do, all they are doing is showing their lack of accomplishments and their envy....

--Excerpts from my journals

@Armstrong @EyanKhan @Alpha1 @DESERT FIGHTER @Talon @Marshmallow @Jaanbaz @batmannow

If you advance due to your merit then i don't see why people have such problems. I believe most of the time it is jealousy which is rampant in our society. We just cannot digest the fact that someone is doing well for his/her life. Before you know even your own relatives will start abusing you.

I believe half the times it is not aiming at such people so why get offended? There are many others who fall under that generalization but with a thick face dont get offended....

If you advance due to your merit then i don't see why people have such problems. I believe most of the time it is jealousy which is rampant in our society. We just cannot digest the fact that someone is doing well for his/her life. Before you know even your own relatives will start abusing you.
You are absolutely right my friend, I think its time for us as a society to stop such unneeded jealousy, we should be trying to make ourselves better instead of trying to score points and satisfying our own egos at the expense of other people's self esteem....

I believe half the times it is not aiming at such people so why get offended? There are many others who fall under that generalization but with a thick face dont get offended....
what...??/
:what::what::what::what::what:

Last edited:
what...??/
:what::what::what::what::what:
This category:

It is a common occurrence that some kind of scandal involving favoritism and bribing to get into powerful seats hits the headlines, and that is, regrettably, a reality.

Soo many fall under that category but dont feel offended instead have a thick face and move on

This category:

It is a common occurrence that some kind of scandal involving favoritism and bribing to get into powerful seats hits the headlines, and that is, regrettably, a reality.

Soo many fall under that category but dont feel offended instead have a thick face and move on
Oh, thanks for clearing that up, I do ignore such sentiments but sometimes I get genuinely pissed at some of these lazy reared people accusing me of such things when in reality they are just resenting why they couldnt achieve what others have....

Owweiinnn Owweiinnnnnn
what...???:what::what:

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, I do ignore such sentiments but sometimes I get genuinely pissed at some of these lazy reared people accusing me of such things when in reality they are just resenting why they couldnt achieve what others have....
You shouldnt be pissed....There is freedom of expression and such comments are usually hurled at those who deserve but sometimes the smaller group who are not involved get some dirt thrown on them under the term generalization...so chill if you dont fall in the category ignore... :tup:

what...???:what::what:

This is everywhere where the laws dont work. Third world countries have it.

This is everywhere where the laws dont work. Third world countries have it.
What does the law have to do with people accusing successful people of bribery and use of false means....???
It has alot to do with the moral and social make up of the people but not the ''law''.....

What does the law have to do with people accusing successful people of bribery and use of false means....???
It has alot to do with the moral and social make up of the people but not the ''law''.....

Strict enforcement, higher education, checks and balances help rid of nepotism/bribes not moral highness.

its even in canda saudi arabia or even uganda nothing unique here

I have had enough of these false accusations, people who dont know anything about anything go off making such blatant remarks just to satisfy their own bruised egos and to justify why their children were unable to amount to much, I dont fell sorry for them, haters gonna hate regardless of what I (or the countless other people in my position) do, all they are doing is showing their lack of accomplishments and their envy....

Ah, so is that is the explanation for why so many people who have had issues with me here? :D

(I don't think so, actually.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom