What's new

Nepal was and will remain Hindu nation says BJP VP Renu Devi.

Nepal being hindu nation once where monarch was consider god was declared secular via first CA election. No consent was taken from people neither any consensus was done. We've been trying to write new constitution since 7 yrs but the topics like ethnic states and secularism has halted the process for more than 6 years already. The parties have failed to come to a conclusion.Also I would like to add that Nepal is kind of mini India. We have almost everthing India has [ good or bad] but to a lesser extend. So, my question is how successful has secularism and ethnic states been in India? And do you think it would work well in Nepal ?Or will that lead to more uncertainty?
I supported secularism and republicasm before. But now I've realized we had one king who did few as opposed to having 6-7 kings who are doing nothing. Also during monarch ethnicity and religion remained untouched by politics. But now it's being badly misused.

India is a perfect example of SECULARISM gone wrong . So if the people of Nepal really want it to be secular then I'd suggest you take note of the mess your big brother is in and model your constitution in such a way that it doesn't turn out to be bogus and a tool for appeasement/ proselytization. And it's really important that sane minded rational people like you act now before it's too late.

The only hindu country of world, Nepal was declared secular without people's consent after people movement in 06. Renu Devi advised against secularism and ethnic states. This gave hope to pro-monarchist RPP who wants to revive monarchism along with hinduism as Nepal's state religion. What are your thoughts? Should Nepal continue be secular like India [which Maoist and indigenous leaders call progressive] or revive back hinduism in country where 80 percent follow Hinduism?

Best course of action would be to declare Nepal a secular country, but put blanket ban of proselytization.

Without such Ban, Dollar fulled soul harvesting machines would be invading Nepal in droves.

Last edited:
Best course of action would be to declare Nepal a secular country, but put blanket ban of proselytization.

Without such Ban, Dollar fulled soul harvesters would be invading Nepal in droves.

Also a one law for all is a must. It's a shame even after 6 decades of independence we are not able implement UCC

Without such Ban, Dollar fulled soul harvesters would be invading Nepal in droves.

Also a one law for all is a must. It's a shame even after 6 decades of independence we are not able implement UCC

My full support to Nepal.

As a Buddhist I feel that it was wrong of UPA government to pressurize Nepal to become a secularist state under the maoist government. Bloody MMS and his Italian Vatican Owner. :mad:

They have been a peaceful Hindu country for so many centuries. This should be respected and we must help them build their constitution the way they want it.

Because Muslims don't want a uniform code. They are so used to getting treated specially that they feel that they are above the law of the land. There was a time when the sentiment was that if they want sharia only then they should leave for Pakistan. But because of secularist politics and jihadi pandering by them, now they demand it like it is their birthright in a country which has ancient cultures for thousands of years before their adopted religion existed.

No other community except evangelists and muslims have a problem. Even other sects of Christians are happy with a Singapore like uniform law.

My full support to Nepal.

As a Buddhist I feel that it was wrong of UPA government to pressurize Nepal to become a secularist state under the maoist government. Bloody MMS and his Italian Vatican Owner. :mad:

They have been a peaceful Hindu country for so many centuries. This should be respected and we must help them build their constitution the way they want it.

Sir,
Hindu rashtra or otherwise the dharmic nature and it's traditions should prevail and secularism should not be allowed to derail it like it happened in India

@Viva welcome to the forum brother , we all support a strong nepal & hope it remains dharmic , don't let these secular criminals spread their wings in your country .

Sir,
Hindu rashtra or otherwise the dharmic nature and it's traditions should prevail and secularism should not be allowed to derail it like it happened in India

Traditionally here in the mountains, we all don't even think of all these angles. It is almost disgusting and shocking for us simple mountain folk that our communities, whether main Hindus or Buddhist welcome everyone with open arms, but then instead of being peaceful with us, certain communities show hostilities against our people in our own country.

I tell you, most people here don't care and are simple. It is simply because I have stayed in northern and other parts of India for long durations that I know about this problem.

Sir,
Because Muslims don't want a uniform code. They are so used to getting treated specially that they feel that they are above the law of the land. There was a time when the sentiment was that if they want sharia only then they should leave for Pakistan. But because of secularist politics and jihadi pandering by them, now they demand it like it is their birthright in a country which has ancient cultures for thousands of years before their adopted religion existed.

No other community except evangelists and muslims have a problem. Even other sects of Christians are happy with a Singapore like uniform law.

shouldn't RSS dedicate a wing to improve cultural ties between india , nepal ,thailand, myanmar , bhutan & sri lanka . To form a dharmic union so that we can keep islamists out . At govt level its not possible bcz govt needs to concentrate on a lot of matters from a strategic point of view . They share the same concerns which we do , people from our side should meet them and have a joint discussion to revive dharmic culture in the region.

shouldn't RSS dedicate a wing to improve cultural ties between india , nepal ,thailand, myanmar , bhutan & sri lanka . To form a dharmic union so that we can keep islamists out . At govt level its not possible bcz govt needs to concentrate on a lot of matters from a strategic point of view . They share the same concerns which we do , people from our side should meet them and have a joint discussion to revive dharmic culture in the region.

I don't know whether they do such a thing.

Traditionally here in the mountains, we all don't even think of all these angles. It is almost disgusting and shocking for us simple mountain folk that our communities, whether main Hindus or Buddhist welcome everyone with open arms, but then instead of being peaceful with us, certain communities show hostilities against our people in our own country.

I tell you, most people here don't care and are simple. It is simply because I have stayed in northern and other parts of India for long durations that I know about this problem.

Indeed the Mountain folks are very good people but times have now changed Indigenous communities of NE must be protected at all cost from the Bangladeshis

Better go Hindu rastra as democratic with only two parties only like US

The only hindu country of world, Nepal was declared secular without people's consent after people movement in 06. Renu Devi advised against secularism and ethnic states. This gave hope to pro-monarchist RPP who wants to revive monarchism along with hinduism as Nepal's state religion. What are your thoughts? Should Nepal continue be secular like India [which Maoist and indigenous leaders call progressive] or revive back hinduism in country where 80 percent follow Hinduism?

Here I believe you need to ask question to self.

1. What is wrong if Nepal is a Hindu country....?

Erm...Not really. Namo wants ruling parties to come to an agreement with minorities in CA who wants ethnic states as well as secularism. RPP being the other minority wants to revive Hindu as state religion of Nepal. Ruling parties have already agreed on secularism but they are standing firm against ethnic states. Reinstating hindu country status of Nepal would be "spraying pepper on wounds" of indigenous which might go wrong in alot of way.

Here I believe you need to ask question to self.

1. What is wrong if Nepal is a Hindu country....?
Nothing. Religion and ethnicity were kept away from politics which is why it was fairly a stable country.
Non-hindus were equally respected. No non-hindus were harmed for their "non-hindu" status, must be the reason why even some fraction of Muslims wants to revive Nepal's hindu state status.

Whatever people of Nepal decide.

Not really,the present people of nepal are indian,if we look into nepal history,it resemble to Pakistan alot considering that nepal had considerable presence of Indus valley civilization and we have historic ties to the indigenous people of nepal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom