What's new

Need guidance. I want to join PAF after graduating as an engineer from UK

kingfalcon

New Recruit

Reaction score
AoA,

I am about to graduate in July, 2013 with a Bachelors in Electronics & Electrical Engineering from the University of Leeds, UK and have a strong desire to join the PAF but there are some problems.
I have been twice rejected by the ISSB for PMA Long Courses (123 and 124, did a surgery for that also and wrote a letter to the army chief as well but couldn't get it). I am also a bit overweight and I want to join as a GDP in the PAF. I really love jet fighters and flying and flew some gliders in the UK as well.
What advice would you give me regarding this? Is it possible to join on an SPSSC as an engineer and then learn flying even if I have to be a reserve? Should I write to the Air Chief as a special request? Or should I try to join through the normal channel via an SPSSC course which I believe is coming in July/August 2013 and then see if I get selected (which I am very worried about as I have a bad experience with ISSBs before).
I am in a desperate need of some help and guidance and having a hard time in life, therefore, your guidance and help is much needed and appreciated. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you

AoA,

I am about to graduate in July, 2013 with a Bachelors in Electronics & Electrical Engineering from the University of Leeds, UK and have a strong desire to join the PAF but there are some problems.
I have been twice rejected by the ISSB for PMA Long Courses (123 and 124, did a surgery for that also and wrote a letter to the army chief as well but couldn't get it). I am also a bit overweight and I want to join as a GDP in the PAF. I really love jet fighters and flying and flew some gliders in the UK as well.
What advice would you give me regarding this? Is it possible to join on an SPSSC as an engineer and then learn flying even if I have to be a reserve? Should I write to the Air Chief as a special request? Or should I try to join through the normal channel via an SPSSC course which I believe is coming in July/August 2013 and then see if I get selected (which I am very worried about as I have a bad experience with ISSBs before).
I am in a desperate need of some help and guidance and having a hard time in life, therefore, your guidance and help is much needed and appreciated. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you

Sorry , Twice Rejection by ISSB , means it over , you are not eligible anymore .

Thanks for replying. But I thought there is a third chance if I apply as an engineer?

Sorry , Twice Rejection by ISSB , means it over , you are not eligible anymore .
hi fox i wanted to know that when i join my heels my knees and thighs touch each other,is this knee knocking.my thighs are bit fat so do they cause knee knocking.plz do reply ,thanks

Thanks for replying. But I thought there is a third chance if I apply as an engineer?

as far as i know there isn't , ISSB only gives 2 chances , dosen't matter if your are applying as Engineer or GDP .

hi fox i wanted to know that when i join my heels my knees and thighs touch each other,is this knee knocking.my thighs are bit fat so do they cause knee knocking.plz do reply ,thanks

If your knees touch each other , then it is Knee Knocking.

as far as i know there isn't , ISSB only gives 2 chances , dosen't matter if your are applying as Engineer or GDP .

so how does it effect my chances my in issb,btw im 17 and also i've noticed that my left foot has lower arc than my right,maybe a bone has collapsed due to a foot sprain and is causing the knee knocking ? i will definitely get it checked by ortho tommorow inshaaalah

But here it says that "Twice rejected by inter services Selection board (ISSB)/ General Headquarters (GHQ) or Naval Headquarters (NHQ) or Air Headquarters (AHQ) Selection Board (third chance for specific higher qualification courses only)" on joinpaf.gov.pk/induction/offinelig.html

But here it says that "Twice rejected by inter services Selection board (ISSB)/ General Headquarters (GHQ) or Naval Headquarters (NHQ) or Air Headquarters (AHQ) Selection Board (third chance for specific higher qualification courses only)" on joinpaf.gov.pk/induction/offinelig.html

You can ask your local ISSB office.

I think you can join PAF, but only as an Engineer, and you will NOT be allowed to do any flying....

Boss to reach to UK get admission to a good institution and study I am sure you will be a brilliant guy.

Join PAF if you want..... but this question how to join PAF? Makes you look fake.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom