What's new

Need for a Strike Aircraft (JH-7) for Naval Aviation

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Now that we have established that such a platform is required, we might as well have a separate thread to discuss it.

JH-7, having an AESA radar and HOBS capability seems like a good (maybe our only realistic) option.

Such a platform while having a good payload, will also relieve PAF, which will obviously have its hands full in a future conflit.

Aye or Nay?

@Horus @Hyperion @MastanKhan @Dazzler @Oscar @araz

A navalized JF-17 will do the job needed.
please remove this thread, there is one featured in which of our all senior members have written excellent posts on this issue. Any comments can continue there.

@Horus

please remove this thread, there is one featured in which of our all senior members have written excellent posts on this issue. Any comments can continue there.

@Horus
And we have all read those excellent comments, thank you. This thread is PN specific.

JH-7 with YJ-12 supersonic AShM.

20140106000095.jpg

Indeed this Bird can be useful in PN and PAF inventory ...
I mean just look at the Payload man ... look at the hard points ..
i have no idea about its price , but i guess Pakistan can buy few pops ...
JF-17 Naval version can do the job , but again sometimes you need a specialized Platform for some specific Mission ..
you can just say that JF- will be our back bone defense Fighter , than it will also be used as Naval Strike , we are already ahead of our target , we have some 200 jets to be replaced , you need a Fighter like JH-7 probably 18-36 and hand them to PAF and PN one sqs each, and one sq for JF to give back up to JH while they strike deep ..

Hi,

Actually it is the B version of the JH7 that is going into production---so we should call it the JH7B---. It is not a fighter aircraft---but more of a bomber which when upgraded with the aesa radar can launch wvr and bvr missiles for its protection if needed.

But its main role is that of a bomber in the current scenario---. Where the opponent will have the SU30 launch its heavy air to surface missile brahmos----we also need a platform to have a similar capability of strike.

It would be an awesome addition to the arsenal if we have Air to surface launch Babur cruise missiles---and as we know that when the missile is launched from an aircraft---its range is also increased by around a margin of 1/3rd.

If the current surface to surface launch Babur missile is 700 km---then when launched from and aircraft during flight---it could be around a 1000 km range---and suddenly our strike capabilities are in a different time zone.

We will be able to launch around 6 air to surface babur cruise missiles per aircraft on full load capacity---stay within our side of the ocean and still be able to reach deeper into enemy territory.

It gives us a flexibility like never before to launch the cruise missiles. We don't need to put our cruise missile launchers close to the border----and make them vulnerable.

This will give us some extra strength---actually it will give us a tremendous amount of strength to launch within the security of our maritime borders---this is a force multiplier.

Again---JH7B is not a true fighter aircraft persay---it is a fighter bomber---it is a bomber---.

Mastan is having a bad week.

Pappy,

I am having a hell of a week---you seem to have loose motions my boy.

First of all the AC was not worth "billions of dollars", secondly it was not destroyed on the tarmac and thirdly there is no comparison between the awacs (a must have item) and JH-7 which we cant afford nor need.

JF-17s can just as easily be armed with YJ-12, CM-400AKG and C-802AK for targeting surface threats. Pakistan Navy's main role is sea denial and JF-17s have enough combat range to help enforcement of sea denial during war time.

How about the PAF experiment of having billion dollars worth of awacs being destroyed on the tarmac.

First of all the AC was not worth "billions of dollars", secondly it was not destroyed on the tarmac and thirdly there is no comparison between the awacs (a must have item) and JH-7 which we cant afford nor need.

JF-17s can just as easily be armed with YJ-12, CM-400AKG and C-802AK for targeting surface threats. Pakistan Navy's main role is sea denial and JF-17s have enough combat range to help enforcement of sea denial during war time.

How about Babur cruise missiles.

Babar at this stage has two applications.

1: Ground TEL launched varient deployed to take out tier-1 static enemy infrastructure.

2: Under development variant Babur-N, with extended range to 1000km and submarine launch capabilities using torpedo tubes.

I think that after the successful integration of these variants we might see a Coastal Defense variant which would have updated sensor suite and targeting system for anti shipping roles at extended ranges. That role is currently served by TEL mounted C-602A Coastal Defense System which doesn't have enough range to take out wide area targets. Babur can solve this issue.

How about Babur cruise missiles.

Indeed this Bird can be useful in PN and PAF inventory ...
I mean just look at the Payload man ... look at the hard points ..
i have no idea about its price , but i guess Pakistan can buy few pops ...
JF-17 Naval version can do the job , but again sometimes you need a specialized Platform for some specific Mission ..
you can just say that JF- will be our back bone defense Fighter , than it will also be used as Naval Strike , we are already ahead of our target , we have some 200 jets to be replaced , you need a Fighter like JH-7 probably 18-36 and hand them to PAF and PN one sqs each, and one sq for JF to give back up to JH while they strike deep ..
Price will not be more than 20 Million USD Approx of it Latest Version JH-7B which is a different Beast.
I

There is no money for paying for these "experiments".

Precisely to my point. At the core of the JH7A, lies the SU-25 tech. Why add another jet requiring its own specific support and maintenance infrastructure, costly training and a LOT of time needed to adapt and build tactics around it?

JFT block II and block III can do the job with more modern and current tech IMO.

Thunder Block 2 can take care of PN needs i think its a waste of money also keep in mind Rose Babies dedicated for this job .Also if Pak needs to add new platform it should be J10b/c as it promises more punch considering IN has MIg29 which is quite a decent plane.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom