What's new

Need advice! A UK business wronged me

PaklovesTurkiye

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys

I got my first international remote job / freelance job you can say - in month of October last year - at a UK based Social media agency

It helps small businesses in getting content and clients acquisition

Today I received a termination letter stating that you were not the best and as per company standards

While reality is this was not even communicated to me once in all 4 months. Slack/WhatsApp communication will prove that.

Why should I allow that business to corrupt my CV?

I have never been handed over termination letter in all my 4 years of professional experience....

Please advise...

I live in Pakistan...while The owner (of Pakistani origin) - A lady....She lives in Bromley or Sutton, London UK

Can I complain somewhere? to any UK authority?

It was remote - part time job......2 hours / day and 3 days / week

@mike2000 is back @Bleek @ghazi52 @waz @Menace2Society

Guys

I got my first international remote job / freelance job you can say - in month of October last year - at a UK based Social media agency

Today I received a termination letter stating that you were not the best and as per company standards

While reality is this was not even communicated to me once in all 4 months. Slack/WhatsApp communication will prove that.

I have never been handed over termination letter in all my 4 years of professional experience....

Please advise...

I live in Pakistan...while The owner (of Pakistani origin) - A lady....She lives in Bromley or Sutton, London UK

They let people go all the time with these remote jobs, I have quite a bit of experience with this kind of thing.
They will fire people based on their own business analytics, and don't have a hard time doing so due to it being an online business.
Also, you don't need to list this job on your CV if you don't want to. I have worked on quite a few jobs which haven't ended so well and I simply omitted it from my CV

Tricky if unwilling to take legal action which can become very costly. I wouldn't know how the laws work for remote workers from abroad. Might need to take the L

There's a small claims court. Which is online and costs 50 quid.
See if you can file a case over there.

Did you sign any agreement or do you have an job approval letter or you were just working remotely on trust bases .

Have you paid for 4 months. If not then you can go to small claims court or employment tribunal. Not sure how this will work since you are not in UK.

If you passed your probation period then it requires one month of notice for both parties to leave the job. During probation period, this is normally one week.

You said you are working as freelance then there is not much you can do except asking for the wages if you haven't been paid yet.

Also look into the agreement in case you signed something before you started a job.

Please note that Freelance jobs don't last long.

Last edited:
freelancer 101
Always background search your employer their past record country of origin, i found Nigerian and south American client to top the list in scamming and clients from usa to be best in appreciating your skill.
Always have milestone or wage for Long term projects.

Last edited:
Guys

Please advise...

There should have been due warning and a process in order for you to improve. They should not do this.
That being said if you were paid and from my understanding there is little that can be done as you are not a UK citizen, and wouldn't enjoy employment protection rights under our system.
The only information I could find was this;

This relates to UK citizens working abroad, or in one case a person who significant ties to the UK.

I'll try finding out more.

Guys

Please advise...

Employment is generally at will. I would not know how British laws apply for remote workers especially those outside of British soil

Back
Top Bottom