Pakistan
Nawaz Sharif repeating 90s politics of victimisation: Zardari
By Hafeez Tunio
Published: August 31, 2015
93SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
948192-zardari-1441025384-242-640x480.jpg

A file photo of former president Asif Ali Zardari. PHOTO: AFP

As law enforcement agencies up the ante against Pakistan Peoples Party, former president Asif Ali Zardari alleged on Monday Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is repeating politics of victimisation, which was prevalent in the 1990s.

“Steps being taken by the government clearly indicate they are trying to divide the nation in an attempt to save their natural allies, Taliban and the terrorists, and weaken the war on terror,” Zardari said.

In a statement issued from London, the former president said at a time when the country’s innocent citizens are being killed by indiscriminate shelling in border villages by the enemy and Pakistan Army was fighting a decisive war against terrorists, PM Nawaz instead of challenging the real enemy was targeting the PPP and other political opponents.

The former president warned that politics of revenge should immediately be stopped otherwise it will produce disastrous consequences.

Zardari claimed PPP accepted the 2013 general election results despite them being rigged by the ROs. “The decisions recently announced by election tribunals prove the PML-N received outside help and was made to win the elections.”

Read: Authorities arrest Zardari’s close confidante Dr Asim Hussain

Expressing discontent over the arrest of PPP leaders such as Dr Asim Hussain, Qasim Zia and inquiries against former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani and party leader Makhdoom Amin Fahim, he said, “The pattern indicates political revenge following orders from the PM House.”

“PPP is a party of fearless followers who cannot be defeated by the threats of executions, lashing or imprisonment.”

Zardari added, “If they want to conduct fair accountability, they should first take action against a federal minister who confessed of money-laundering for the Sharif brothers. Only then we will know how clean the followers of N-league are.”

“It seems that Nawaz Sharif has not learnt any lessons from the past. We are not the ones who fled to Jeddah after seeking pardon,” the statement added.

Zardari claimed the Sharif brothers were in power because of the PPP. “It was the PPP which removed a ban on being elected as prime minister or chief minister for the third time; although it was evident it will only serve the interests of Mian brothers.”

The former president also said the PPP fully stood behind Pakistan Army in the continuing war against terrorism.

“We salute our soldiers who gave ultimate sacrifices in this war.”

Read more: Asim Hussain , PPP , zardari

Nawaz Sharif repeating 90s politics of victimisation: Zardari - The Express Tribune

AAZ blaming wrong man.

Had his cm in sindh delivered on law and order there would not be any ranger operations.

nawaz sharif ha ehsaan faramosh . PPP saved PMLN uring dharna .
anyways im enjoying their asses get kicked

I fully support Nawaz Sherif for his actions against Zardari and his band of thieves.

I fully support Nawaz Sherif for his actions against Zardari and his band of thieves.

well he can't go after PPP no one can go after them.

BECAUSE of their mazloomiyat drama will start. hartals and dharnas with show of strength on the streets.

eventually these thugs will remain untouchables. anyone who goes after them they will retaliate with creating havoc and instability.

sadly ALL CORRUPT WILL ROAM FREE. even musharraf couldn't get rid of them truly.

unless ofcourse RAHEEL SHARIF steps up and takes it upon himself. or the judiciary wakes up and stops being corrupt.

well he can't go after PPP no one can go after them.

BECAUSE of their mazloomiyat drama will start. hartals and dharnas with show of strength on the streets.

eventually these thugs will remain untouchables. anyone who goes after them they will retaliate with creating havoc and instability.

sadly ALL CORRUPT WILL ROAM FREE. even musharraf couldn't get rid of them truly.

unless ofcourse RAHEEL SHARIF steps up and takes it upon himself. or the judiciary wakes up and stops being corrupt.
as per Int'l Law there are Non-armed means of resolving a dispute and then there are Armed.....
We really don't have to put all these corrupt men in jail or hang them at the altar,, just step on the their lifeline (illegal economy / Grey economy) and they will be back to Square one, and will understand to stay in their shoes....and this is what going to happen,

as per Int'l Law there are Non-armed means of resolving a dispute and then there are Armed.....
We really don't have to put all these corrupt men in jail or hang them at the altar,, just step on the their lifeline (illegal economy / Grey economy) and they will be back to Square one, and will understand to stay in their shoes....and this is what going to happen,

you are overly optimistic brother. however, i doubt this would happen.

from the tea boy to the head of FIA is corrupt. who will do as you said.

infact now corruption increases on the pretext of "sir jee ajkaal bohat sakhti hai apkay kaam kay liyay ziyada paisai lageingay"

you are overly optimistic brother. however, i doubt this would happen.

from the tea boy to the head of FIA is corrupt. who will do as you said.

infact now corruption increases on the pretext of "sir jee ajkaal bohat sakhti hai apkay kaam kay liyay ziyada paisai lageingay"
there is a different thing between taking Rs1000 for a legitimate work and Rs10million for illegal work.....
I had my Domicile made for Rs2000/- totally legit, the only issue was I was not there to collect it myself, hence the extra 'Fee'.....
compare this to Rs25000/- being charged for making illegal CNIC, it is this that will be stopped

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom