What's new

Nawaz pens letter to Modi in attempt to thaw icy relations with India

How Raheel handled India ???
Please elaborate

Nawaz is doing what a sane Pakistani PM should do
Goodness me, Nawaz Sharif needs to grow a pair. While Modi is completely belligerent and hostile to Pakistan, NS is doing everything to try and accommodate Modi. He needs to look over at Raheel Sharif and learn how a true Statesman operate. Look at how Raheel Sharif handled India when she was being belligerent, that's called true class. It shames me to even call Nawaz Sharif our PM :(

Also to those Pakistanis who think Nawaz Sharif is somehow "betraying" Pakistan, this is what your forces are doing......

India, Pakistan troops exchange sweets on Indian Republic Day
January 26, 2015, 8:44 pm
SHARE :
india-pakistan-troops-exchange-sweets-on-indian-republic-day-1422287051-6638.jpg

Srinagar- Indian and Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) today exchanged sweets at three places in Jammu and Kashmir, on the occasion of Indian Republic Day.

A unit of Indian 12 Infantry Brigade of the Army exchanged sweets with their Pakistan counterparts at Kaman Post in Uri sector on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad Road, defense sources said here.

They said sweets were also exchanged with Pakistani troops, at Teetwal in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir and at Chakan-da-Bagh in Poonch Sector of Jammu region.

Despite ceasefire violations, the exchange of sweets between army personnel of India and Pakistan along the LoC on their respective days of national importance has been a regular feature.

India, Pakistan troops exchange sweets on Indian Republic Day
Lol last time they didn't accept on Diwali

Again Nawaz Sharif is kissing Modi's fat a**.

Pathetic.

Nawaz Sharif is not only corrupt but also a weak personality.

What the heck.

For goodness sake it's just a gesture and nothing more than a formality, States act in this way, they pass good gestures no matter what. It's not like a fight in your streets or neighborhood, these are two states dealing with each other, not individuals.

There is no need to go jingoistic about it. If any Indian here feels Pakistan has bended backward, he is mistaken there may be lots of such letters from your side written on various occasions to Pakistani PM. And my dear Pakistanis I am no big fan of NS but there is no justification for criticizing him for this. Awww people you fight like little kids.

Felt it was harsh criticism but then realised not worth it, reversed it.... :p
'in PDF(only)' was an honest admission of reality. :agree: Quite a compliment actually. Blind hate does betray genuine intimidation and even respect. Sometimes.

Coming such a comment from an informed poster like you is very disappointing...Does Pakistan or India have any choice but to talk?? Modi showed a great heart by inviting Nawaz during the oath taking ceremony and Nawaz responded...that didn't made Modi small...similary there is a pause in the relationship and if Nawaz is making some moves then what is wrong in it??

I am just stating the facts here.

Indeed, Pakistan and India should talk and resolve their issues amicably. But it was not Pakistan that ended the peace talks and walked away. The welcome that Modi granted to NS was largely washed away when the Indian Foreign Office slapped a charge sheet on Pakistan's face, when the entire purpose of NS trip was to improve relations with India. Ever since the inauguration of NS, he is the one who has made all the moves to improve relations with India but India has not reciprocated those gestures. In fact, the conduct of Modi and his Cabinet has been quite belligerent towards Pakistan. It irks me as a Pakistani that even after metting out such humiliation, NS has the gaul to send a letter to Modi.

Jeez!! sometimes the netizens need to shun their egos for a change, no??

I would be the most happiest person in the world if India and Pakistan reach a peace agreement. But it has to be one with dignity rather than Pakistan bent on its knees.

Also to those Pakistanis who think Nawaz Sharif is somehow "betraying" Pakistan, this is what your forces are doing......

This is largely ceremonial, modus operandi at the border. Happens for both sides.

Honestly speaking, NS is always tries to improve relationship with India whenever he is in power...I mean Modi should respond to him..

If only profanity was allowed on this forum, Nawaz Sharif, would be subjected to the worst, obscenity-laced-verbal-tirade, known to man. What an absolute spineless... whoever saw it fit to elect a 'businessman', to lead the nation. Nawaz Sharif, has invariably acted cynically, his record speaks volumes about his repulsive character. Hope Modi doesn't even respond to this sellout.

Last edited:
Given the jingoism exhibited by Pakistan, it is clear who doesn't want good relations

Three important things that have been shaping Pakistan's history.

Fact 1 : Pakistan Army in the past had always looked for shortcuts

- Dictators Ayub Khan, Yahya Khan got in their knees for American help. Americans give aid and promise to solve Kashmir once Pakistan helps them push off Soviets. Surprisingly, 65 and 71 war against India happens. No help was observed and we fail to grab Kashmir and we loose East Pakistan.

- Democratic elected leader Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto steps in. Keeps distance with the West and Increases cooperation with Islamic countries. Zia ul Haq takes over hangs him to death and gets back to America's lap. Kashmir help once against sought this time if Pakistan helps Taliban in Afghanistan defeat Soviets. After the war, Zia gets blown up in mid air and the case still remains in mystery.

- Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif fight for power. Army riggs elections and status quo remains.

- The same Nawaz Sharif in the 90s somehow brought Vajpaee to the table regarding Kashmir. For the first time India was seriously negotiating a deal and both countries signed the historic Lahore resolution. Musharraf moves in, plays Kargil card, and disrupts the what would be lasting peace.

- Dictator Musharraf follows his predecessors to American lap. Gets aid and gets forced to make LOC the offical border between Pakistan and India and 'War against terror' becomes new policy.

Fact 2: The Media becomes a new power

- The Army has no chance to take over again.

- The domestic media has been misguiding, making money, and always looking to create gossips.

- People like Imran Khan and Tahir ul Qadri get more attention. The nation is forced to ignore priority issues such as fighting against home grown terrorists, improving economy, human development etc.

- Its a battle between Geo forces and Ary forces

Fact: 3 Raheel Sharif becomes the first Army Chief to support elected government.

- Nawaz Sharif chose China as his first destination after getting elected Prime Minister. The $42 Billion Pak-China economic corridor, the invitation to join SCO as a full member, and the visit by Russian defence minister to Pakistan in 50 years had to be something the Army had to support. It has realized American-Indian relations are becoming more powerful and more valuable.

- A couple days back Raheel Sharif had said Kashmr issue is linked to peace. This implies the Army is no longer an aggressor and it now supports what Nawaz Sharif had been trying to achieve.

Last edited:
I am just stating the facts here.
No you are not...sorry but as earlier said we need to come down from the high ego trip that both sides suffer from.

Indeed, Pakistan and India should talk and resolve their issues amicably. But it was not Pakistan that ended the peace talks and walked away.
Who ended the talk is a point to debate...However that's my exact point...It doesn't matter who ended the talk...because any side who is trying to break the ice is not doing a favor to the other one...It is in one's national interest...no??

The welcome that Modi granted to NS was largely washed away when the Indian Foreign Office slapped a charge sheet on Pakistan's face, when the entire purpose of NS trip was to improve relations with India. Ever since the inauguration of NS, he is the one who has made all the moves to improve relations with India but India has not reciprocated those gestures. In fact, the conduct of Modi and his Cabinet has been quite belligerent towards Pakistan. It irks me as a Pakistani that even after metting out such humiliation, NS has the gaul to send a letter to Modi.

This is what exactly i am referring to as ego and false bravado...Statesman need to go above such petty thoughts...Wasn't it the same Nawaz who apart from greeting us at Lahore gifted Kargil in return?? Didn't the same Architect(Mushy) of Kargil was invited by Delhi goverment in Agra?? Was MMS saga in sharm el sheikh bending backwards? Was indian govt. bending backwards to Pakistan then? Was inviting Pakistan to oath ceremony bending backwards?? It will always be the case, sometime one party will make the move and sometimes the other one.....

Now please put one thing in your head...Gestures are one thing however that doesn't mean any party will change their principal stand...We accuse you of supporting terrorism in our country and this is not going to change just because there are gestures being shown from either side...same is true for you...so not sure what is humiliating for you here...

I would be the most happiest person in the world if India and Pakistan reach a peace agreement. But it has to be one with dignity rather than Pakistan bent on its knees.

Already explained above...please raise above this petty thoughts...In geo-politics showing gestures doesn't mean someone is bending backwards or forward...

India is the dominate power in this region nawaz knows this. USA knows this and the Arab world knows this.

Your general reheel can do nothing just like your other generals achieved nothing.for seventy years

Nawaz is extending his hand of friendship to a regional superpower.

It's sensible and realistic.

India is the dominate power in this region nawaz knows this. USA knows this and the Arab world knows this.

Your general reheel can do nothing just like your other generals achieved nothing.for seventy years

Nawaz is extending his hand of friendship to a regional superpower.

It's sensible and realistic.
I agree...Saint ones already left Pakistan. Nawaz is doing sensible things but what you expect from the rest ones left behind.

India is out of its mind these days think it is superpiwer which is not its attitude is very bad with neighbors no need to have peace with them whatever we do they see us as enemy

Back
Top Bottom