What's new

Navy's Future add-on.Missile system for 6-Maritime Patrol Vessels

Total : 6 vessel's

4 : 600 Ton
2 : 1500 Ton
and 2016 is launching 4 ships 2 MPV(China), 1 Fleet tanker, 1 Missile craft. @TOPGUN

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/construc...-vessel-for-pmsa-begins.429179/#ixzz4IImUwpNq

People need to understand that this is for PMSA and not PN. Both are different entities with different roles.
yes and also people need to understand that its Pakistan ,we use every thing when needed .so plans are for the conflict

Dear Manpad is not that thing ,for which Navy needs to require special arrangements missile system. either you fire from ship or top of APC , it is requirement from Ministry that builder should made arrangements for future add on.well your point is interesting and i recall last Russian Turkey hot days :)View attachment 328622
Bro i am well aware of this and still i assure you that the ships will see MANPADs ONLY as air defence system. If people here are dreaming of VLS on these boats then i wont argue further. However the MPVs wont have long range strike capability or air defense capability.

yap or Navy start receiving attention of Missile production labs, its late but its good to see local development or joint ventures

Dair Ayad...Durust Ayad. First priority was given to PAF for inducting quite sophisticated systems and project like JF-17 and when PAF has set on a set course so its now PN who earlier was in dire need of attention to such an extent that its heads at times showed clear desperation. CPEC is not less than a Miracle esp for PN as China itself wants that PN should be strong enough not only to avoid any Naval blockade but also strike at will when needed. From the activities of PN all these years we can deduce that PN has first gone for coastal defence and defence of territorial waters and now moving ahead for more aggressive measures. Right now we really require a more aggressive Navy than ever before.

Bro i am well aware of this and still i assure you that the ships will see MANPADs ONLY as air defence system. If people here are dreaming of VLS on these boats then i wont argue further. However the MPVs wont have long range strike capability or air defense capability.

do not stop people to dream ;)
okay i not want to use my words here so best to quote tender requirements:

2.1.3 Displacement

The normal load displacement shall be around 1500tons or as appropriate.

2.1.4 Speed

In the condition of Normal load displacement, clean hull (i.e upto 180 days out of dock), deep water (Minimum 10 m) and sea state 3 or below, the speed of the ship shall be as follows:

a.Max. SpeedNot less than 26Knots

b.Cruising speed15-18 Knots

2.1.5 Endurance

The endurance shall not be less than 3500 NM at the Cruising speed of 15 -18knots at normal displacement in sea state 2-3.2.1.6 Self-Sustaining Capability

The self-sustaining capability of the ship at full load displacement shall be 30days. In the condition of Max load displacement,the self-sustaining capability of the ship shall be:

(1)Time away from major baseabout.2Month.

(2)Victual store capacity:about 3months as under

(a)Fresh provisions14Days

(b)Frozen provisions30Days
========================
2.1.7 Stability and Seaworthiness

(1)Stability of the ship shall be as per relevant Classification Society Rules.

(2).Ship shall navigate safely at full load displacement at sea state 7-8

(3)The ship shall be able to use weapons and Vertical RAS up to Sea State 5-6 and boat lowering and recovering up to sea state 4-5
==================

2.1.3 Displacement

2.1.4 Speed

In the condition of Normal load displacement, clean hull (i.e upto 180 days out of dock), deep water (Minimum 10 m) and sea state 3 or below, the speed of the ship shall be as follows:

2.1.5 Endurance

The endurance shall not be less than 3500 NM at the Cruising speed of 15 -18knots at normal displacement in sea state 2-3.2.1.6 Self-Sustaining Capability

The self-sustaining capability of the ship at full load displacement shall be 30days. In the condition of Max load displacement,the self-sustaining capability of the ship shall be:

========================

(3)The ship shall be able to use weapons and Vertical RAS up to Sea State 5-6 and boat lowering and recovering up to sea state 4-5
==================
Well my problem is not with dreaming but the attitude where one start believing that the dreams are all true and reality!! :)

Well my problem is not with dreaming but the attitude where one start believing that the dreams are all true and reality!! :)
On this occasion I would give them some leeway. The point to note is that the requirement is there in black and white. Secondly the 1500 ton vessel should be big enougb to house a FM90 type short range sýstem. Thirdly it is a future requirement with need for apace allocation for now. So in case it can be added on later as appropriate hardware becomes available. I think dreaming of anything more might be pushing it a bit but that which is written down should be allowable. By the way the design on the photo looks fairly cool and modern.
My 2 paisas worth.
A

2.1.3 Displacement

2.1.4 Speed

2.1.5 Endurance

========================

==================
Vertical RAS means Replenishment at Sea

Need good paint scheme on these movies like Chinese and us coast guard

Newscasters conform possibility of Future adds-on Missile system

No doubt they are made according to the tender requirements and arrangements are made to adds on missile system

Back
Top Bottom