What's new

Naval Market Forecast Newsletter Fleet Renewal in Full Swing

Are you kidding ? Bangladesh need around 2,500 tanks and around 2000 Artillery at least. India has 4,000+ tanks and 2000+ artillery.

Are you forgetting that India is a very large country? :disagree:

And who would buy the Su-35? Nobody is going to buy that plane. It's a lonely plane :cry:

Rather, countries with the money are waiting for the PAK-FA. Though, I wouldn't always go for Russian planes.

Perhaps a mix of J-31's and Sukhies would do!

Are you forgetting that India is a very large country? :disagree:

And who would buy the Su-35? Nobody is going to buy that plane. It's a lonely plane :cry:

Rather, countries with the money are waiting for the PAK-FA. Though, I wouldn't always go for Russian planes.

Perhaps a mix of J-31's and Sukhies would do!

China just confirmed 24 Su-35 deal..

The S.korean corvetee is news to me. Also it talks about 4 subs 2 song & Yuan class. If all this is true we will have a pretty strong navy. I think our Navy need to concentrate on anti-sub warfare along with offensive sub fleet, off course if the purse allows it.

S.Korea will give us lite version of thair corvatte, i do not like it, 2 heavy armed Chines Stealth Frigate will be better choice. I think so.....

I dont know about the Subs........

Why our Chines semi-stealth corvatte type 056 have less weapons? All of our Warships are less armed compaired western country warships.

I think all this could come true:smitten:

BD seems to be planning to spend greater resources purchasing naval arms as opposed to either army or air-force.

The reason could be due to the fact that the country seems to want to have the strongest Navy possible in order to be able to protect it's claims on the Bay of Bengal.

Our GOVT purchasing low quality naval arms and just increasing quantity. All of our warships are cheap, have less armament and advantages.

To become a strong naval power in bay of bangal we need high quality warships not high quantity of warships.

AF is vital. Without it there won't be any ground and naval support. Navy and army will be sitting ducks then with our air space defenseless. A superb AF, a strong Navy and an army mastered in guerilla warfare should be the way for BD. Couple of 100s light tanks along with 1000s of APC should suffice.

Agreed with you bro.

In modern warfare AF is most important section of military. And we dont have strong defensive AF to protect our air space. AF is most expensive section of armed force.

And you missed Attack Helicopter. We need hight quality attack helicopter for multirole purpose especially for anti-tank role.

(Please don't reply to this to stay on topic)

It made me very happy to see a discussion on military matters and equipment after a long time, and a constructive one at that. Too much politics is not good for our health anyways. :P

Alright, now carry on my fellow members.

That's why the limited resources should be concentrated in AF followed by Navy and army. Even though I don't like russian , but since BAL made deal for Yaks, I think now we should go for Su35. Its a must IMO. And then when BAL will be ousted we can start thinking about a single engine medium fighter like F16, JF17 or J10. Su35 will be our heavy twin engine Air superiority and long range bomber.

SU-35? nah Rafale is better than SU-35. If we want to buy, we should go for upgraded rafale instade SU-35, Rafale might be cheaper than su-35.

If we want single engine medium fighter we should go for J-10B+ or F-16 Super Viper or Gripen NG.

Yes, air-force needs to be modernised as soon as possible as BD cannot even defend against Myanmar air-force!

SU-35 at around 100 million dollars per plane will be too expensive and it would be better to go for a SU-27/30 variant that would come at a more affordable 50-60 million dollars per plane.

I think that this will not happen during the current Awami League government as they have already committed to modernising the navy using BD's scarce resources.

I don't see how the air-force can be truly modernised with substantial squadrons of 4th generation fighters unless BD spends more on defence than it does now - 1.5% of GDP compared to 2.5% for India and 3% for Pakistan.

Bro, We should start rearm our military with latest and highest quality gedgets. For this we need to rise our Defense budget, make a Defense Policy. And we need true leaders, not 3rd class politicians who just want money money and money.

Are you kidding ? Bangladesh need around 2,500 tanks and around 2000 Artillery at least. India has 4,000+ tanks and 2000+ artillery.

Su27 does not cost 50-60million per plane, it is around 35 million

Bro, Just 1000 each latest high quality Tanks and Artillery is enough of us. And forget India! We are not Indian. We need hight quality attack helicopter for multirole purpose especially for anti-tank role.

Why you want old obsolate Su-27? We need the latest and highest available.

my first priority is improving skill of BD army personnel like US or other elite soldiers with advance equipments.

I think our military skills already in Elite category. We might have less equipments but we have elite skills. And yes we must improve our skills more and more.

Bro, Just 1000 each latest high quality Tanks and Artillery is enough of us. And forget India! We are not Indian. We need hight quality attack helicopter for multirole purpose especially for anti-tank role.

Why you want old obsolate Su-27? We need the latest and highest available.

Su27 obsolate ? are you sure ? :woot:

And about tank and artillery , i do not think so

BD can never defend against a all-out invasion unless it has a nuclear deterrent:chilli:

Most of BD is unsuitable for tanks so there is no reason to purchase 1000s of tanks.

Modernised Su-27/30 will cost 50-60 million dollars per plane which have newer radars and avionics.

:D We will get Suctions from every body, I think even from China.

Then we need hight quality attack helicopter for multirole purpose especially for anti-tank role. :)

Price depends how much advanced customizations we want to install in SU-30.

below 50 tons tank can go any where in bangladesh

They will be very vulnerable to our anti-tank weapons.:D

J-10B will be the best air-defence fighter for BD as it will come it at around 40 million per plane and will be on a par with the Euro-canards in term of capabilities IMO.

Agreed Bro, J-10B+ will be the best air defence AC for us. But will china give us the latest J-10? F-16 Super Viper and Gripen NG is very impressive too.:D

Su27 obsolate ? are you sure ? :woot:

And about tank and artillery , i do not think so

I think so :D. We should go for J-11B+ instade SU-27.

1000 attack helicopter too :D

Agreed Bro, J-10B+ will be the best air defence AC for us. But will china give us the latest J-10? F-16 Super Viper and Gripen NG is very impressive too.:D

I think so :D. We should go for J-11B+ instade SU-27.

1000 attack helicopter too :D

Don't think , read on Su27SKM or Su27SM2 and why we need 1000 attack heli ?

j10b or j11b are good but their prices are more high

Do think , read on Su27SKM or Su27SM2 and why we need 1000 attack heli ?

j10b or j11b are good but their prices are more high

Where to read?:D In war time 1000 Attack heli will secure our land from tanks and more..........

oooooooowwwww if price is metters too much than we should stick with f-7s. 4.5 gen fighters are not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom