What's new

Naval equipment: Pak lags far behind India

Navy makes ships for PN. dint the article say that?

by the way, which private companies make warships for the indian navy? I only know about L&T

L&T is acknowledged as one of the top five fabrication companies in the world :victory:

You Only know one out of 30 sir, well there are more than 30, I dont know all the names but I would share some...

Adani,Pipavav,Fabmarine,Mandovi Drydocks,Navgathi Marine Design & Constructions Pvt. Ltd,Oceanic Shipyard Limited etc etc...

Last edited:
A naval blockade effectively means war and war between India-Pakistan means PAK can safely throw a few Ghauris/baburs to target Indian naval installations , any leftover scrap in Arabian sea will be moped by JFT's anti ship missiles . So much for the blockade.

Same logic applies to army and airforce installations as well, Pakistan can "safely throw a few Ghauris/baburs to target Indian installations" and Indian war fighting capability will devastated.

then I wonder why Pakistan is spending over 4% of its GDP on a big army and airforce, when its missile arsenal is adequate to do the job?

may be not applicable for you people... but for us it is still... and when the time came we will with us those things that we need for counter... just wait and watch yoooooo..

ah here you are assuming that your man is better than ours. a well-trained soldier with a single shot lee enfield might be able to take on a poorly trained soldier with an M-16. But what if both are equally well-trained? I would put my money on the M-16 wielding soldier.

A naval blockade effectively means war and war between India-Pakistan means PAK can safely throw a few Ghauris/baburs to target Indian naval installations , any leftover scrap in Arabian sea will be moped by JFT's anti ship missiles . So much for the blockade.

Nope. Not safely. Firstly ballistic missiles are not precision weapons and cant target moving ships 100s of Kms away. Second, to launch a Babur missile, you need target acquisition. ships are moving targets and something will have to acquire the target and keep a 'lock' on it for the missile to hit. and lastly, any naval blockade will have a lot of air support and anti-air weapons, so the JFTs cant just come and 'mop up' like a janitor.

is it me, or are some people seriously underestimating others' capabilities? Oh well, i REALLY do hope your top command thinks the same way. Its much easier to beat the enemy when they are completely delusional ;)

Last edited:
We are giving too much time to Pak, they have their own issues to handle.
We need to improve our naval capabilities and build up 10 Nuclear subs to protect our country.

We need long range stealth Destroyers fitted with long range missiles and SAMS.
Our goal should be to induct all teh delayes boats ASAP.

PAKISTAN DO LAG BEHIND INDIA IN NAVAL TECHNOLOGIES BUT NOT MUCH IN NUMBERS AS THEY HAVE SMALL COAST TO DEFEND RATHER THAN INDIA.
WE REALLY NEED MORE SSBN AND SSN.

NAVAL EQUIPMENT PAK FAR BEHIND INDIA

OMG we are doomed..........:flame:

Every country have different doctrine. Different needs. LOL at thread starter.

This article is from PAK OBSERVER So It's a Pakistani view point article comparing themselves with India..Okkk!!:flame:

considering the fact that Pakistan has a shorter coastline and the primary role to their navy will be defense , i think their naval requirement is more than enough for now...

nNew goodies for PN
8 New subs... indian subs are obsolete...fox trot
4 new modified and bigger F-22P...4 more comming as per chief of Navy(tht makes the number to 8)
4 new 500 ton FACs.
4-6 Milgems
1 OPH...8 total as per Admiral Noman Chief of Pak Navy.
3-4Older agostas getting modified by DCN france...4 Agosta 90Bs with MESMA AIP.
Older frigs and missile boats not included...
12 Harbin Z series helis for electronic warefare and anti submarine..
12 Hawkeye 2000
Atlantiques
Exorsist blockII
Sub fired babur
Folkers
aetc
Things are changing slowly but gradually the out come will be good.

Last edited:
wt idont get for these so called armc chair generals i do they expect each iota of money to be thrown for defence expenditre???

Aww comeon....Two poor developing nations that of late have begun to taste economic resurgence has a lot to do in teh civil arena. The country`s defence is a priority but that doesnt mean other items on the list are chucked.
\

I believe given the level of corruption at the political brass, both countries are doing just fine while armimg themselves.

imho ...Pakistan should not try to match India's surface fleet of Frigates and destroyers but concentrate on increasing their diesel electric sub fleet.....Agnosta s with RIP are good for now but they need to be upgraded at regular intervals ....while even more advanced subs like german type 212 should be acquired.....

nNew goodies for PN
8 New subs... indian subs are obsolete...fox trot
4 new modified and bigger F-22P...4 more comming as per chief of Navy(tht makes the number to 8)
4 new 500 ton FACs.
4-6 Milgems
1 OPH...8 total as per Admiral Noman Chief of Pak Navy.
3-4Older agostas getting modified by DCN france...4 Agosta 90Bs with MESMA AIP.
Older frigs and missile boats not included...
12 Harbin Z series helis for electronic warefare and anti submarine..
12 Hawkeye 2000
Atlantiques
Exorsist blockII
Sub fired babur
Folkers
aetc
Things are changing slowly but gradually the out come will be good.

Bring them on Our brahmos and P8i will take care of it....
:rofl:
and also the Scorpenes and nuclear arihant

ah here you are assuming that your man is better than ours. a well-trained soldier with a single shot lee enfield might be able to take on a poorly trained soldier with an M-16. But what if both are equally well-trained? I would put my money on the M-16 wielding soldier.

Indeed, both countries have very professional navies with well trained officers. This whole talk of my soldier being better than yours is pure B.S.

Nope. Not safely. Firstly ballistic missiles are not precision weapons and cant target moving ships 100s of Kms away. Second, to launch a Babur missile, you need target acquisition. ships are moving targets and something will have to acquire the target and keep a 'lock' on it for the missile to hit. and lastly, any naval blockade will have a lot of air support and anti-air weapons, so the JFTs cant just come and 'mop up' like a janitor.

Only a moron captain would fire a Babur or a ballistic missile against a moving and well defended target like a ship. The better option would be to fire an Anti Ship Missile; something that is designed to sea skim, possess a guidance system and than homes in on the opposing ships radar signals. In this case PN is blessed with an arsenal of Exocet, C802, C803 and Harpoon II's. But firing an ASM is only completing half the task, the opposing ship is also armed with counter measures that can neutralize the ASM. Neither side can come up and mop the other side up so easily, thats all B.S talk.

is it me, or are some people seriously underestimating others' capabilities? Oh well, i REALLY do hope your top command thinks the same way. Its much easier to beat the enemy when they are completely delusional ;)

Start reading the comments of your fellow Indian brothers and you will know who is underestimating whom; its the same talk in line of SU30MKI being the best fighter aircraft of all times, Brahmos being the unstoppable missile and India being able to capture Islamabad in 2 hours. They make it sound as if blockading Karachi would be the same as blockading Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. IN is superior to PN nodoubt and would massacre them in the open waters; BUT can they do that in our waters, only time will tell ;). Which ever side employs their assets strategically and in a superior position will win the battle, not the side which can BS the most.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom