What's new

NATO copter downed; Navy SEALs among the 30 U.S. dead

Very sad news.... Rest in peace o brave.. May god give there family the strength to bear this loss...

Confirmed that it was shot down by a RPG.....like how the F*** is that possible? Sad day indeed.

If it was hit by a RPG then its great news indeed . but how could they identify the helicopter at night so precisely ? i think it was the day of the taliban fighter they hit the super power's super weapons with their crude weapons . Allah hu akber

RIP. So many grieving families in this conflict from all sides.
But, as VCheng says, there is a war going on there and soldiers and Talibans are legit target. So long as both sides don't kill civilians intentionally we will sadly have to bear such news.
I think any American death in Afghanistan is really bad news for Pakistan though. Americans are going to blame Pakistan for this. May be Iranians are getting more involved now? If they really are it is terrible news for American forces because Iranians, unlike Pakistan, can actively support anti-American forces. What made the Soviets to finally lose in Afghanistan was the Stinger missiles which ended the Soviet air superiority. Same can happen to American forces.

Confirmed that it was shot down by a RPG.....like how the F*** is that possible? Sad day indeed.

How it could it a sad day ? it is the great day of afghan resistance against foreign aggression .

RIP. So many grieving families in this conflict from all sides.
But, as VCheng says, there is a war going on there and soldiers and Talibans are legit target. So long as both sides don't kill civilians intentionally we will sadly have to bear such news.
I think any American death in Afghanistan is really bad news for Pakistan though. Americans are going to blame Pakistan for this. May be Iranians are getting more involved now? If they really are it is terrible news for American forces because Iranians, unlike Pakistan, can actively support anti-American forces. What made the Soviets to finally lose in Afghanistan was the Stinger missiles which ended the Soviet air superiority. Same can happen to American forces.

Until now we are hearing only about the RPG being used not any manpad . us alway blame Pakistan for not doing enough is merely away to console their frustration. if the Iranian really start suppling some modern anti tank weapons and manpad to taliban the of us occupation force is going to face their Vietnam tragedy again .

Until now we are hearing only about the RPG being used not any manpad . us alway blame Pakistan for not doing enough is merely away to console their frustration. if the Iranian really start suppling some modern anti tank weapons and manpad to taliban the of us occupation force is going to face their Vietnam tragedy again .

Yes, you are correct.
In all this what is being lost is that essentially the Iranian and American interests in Afghanistan are not too dis-similar: Countering the Talibans who harbored OBL and Al-Qaida. But, because of a certain 'Lobby' in America, Iran is being pushed to an enemy status to the point of inflicting actual violence upon Iran. If Iran does decide to payback then it will be the end of American enterprise in Afghanistan.
I hope the muddle-head in the US Congress don't put any GI in harm's way because of that nefarious 'Lobby' which buys their allegiance to the detriment of America's own interests globally.

No one is blaming Pakistan. That's ridiculous.

How it could it a sad day ? it is the great day of afghan resistance against foreign aggression .

My sincere wish for you is that you will one day live under Taliban-style leadership. That is, unless you are one yourself in thought and deed. Whip any women lately? Drop off any poison gas at a girls' school?

Afghan helicopter crash kills 31 US troops

A US helicopter crash in eastern Afghanistan has killed 31 US soldiers, Afghan President Hamid Karzai's office says.

The soldiers were special forces personnel returning to base after an operation.

It is not clear how the crash happened but the Taliban have said they shot the helicopter down.

The incident marks one of the biggest single losses for US forces in Afghanistan since 2001.
BBC News - US helicopter 'shot down' by Taliban in Afghanistan

7 Afghan soldiers also died but I guess they don't count for much.

My sincere wish for you is that you will one day live under Taliban-style leadership. That is, unless you are one yourself in thought and deed. Whip any women lately? Drop off any poison gas at a girls' school?

They have only heard the taliban name, i challenge them to live under the taliban for just one day and come back.

They're going to go back to living under Taliban leadership after you guys leave, so what have you really accomplished besides adding to the misery?

They're going to go back to living under Taliban leadership after you guys leave, so what have you really accomplished besides adding to the misery?

There will be a bloody and brutal civil war in the country the way it was before, with a difference this time, the neighbors will also be affected by this - we wont be on our own.

No amount of military is going to kill their ideology. Actually the exact opposite is required. But unfortunately that boat has sailed. The soldiers died in the line of duty and they should not be disrespected. They joined the army to serve "their" country as they thought fit and the people that shot them down thought they were defending their's.

Back
Top Bottom